monstrooper question

Moderated by Pete Fowler, Rob Manley. Owners of Playbeast, home to Monsterism , CardBoy, Klong and more.
bort77

monstrooper question

Post by bort77 » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:13 pm

hey guys!<br>
i'm interested in hunting down a monstrooper and i wanted to get some info from you peeps before-hand.<br>
<br>
how much should i expect to pay? (whats a fair price?) i mean, ultimately it all depends on how much i'm willing to spend, but what did they retail for when they first came out? what are the rarer colors, and does anyone know the production run numbers? <br>
<br>
thanks in advance. its just that the more i see this figure, the more i want one.<br>
peace<br>
.g. <p></p><i></i>

osakamatt

Re: monstrooper question

Post by osakamatt » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:45 am

<br>
think they went for about $40-45 when they first came out. green is the most common colour. the others where limited editions and exclusive to various companies and shops. think they were maybe limited to 500 pieces but not 100% sure.<br>
<br>
the other colourways are all fairly rare but do sometimes pop up on ebay. white, black and red used to appear on ebay quite often - blue, orange and brown are rarer. dunno what's a good price, seen rarer colours go for over $250 in the past but not many seem to be appearing on ebay recently so don't know if prices will have gone up or down...<br>
<br>
hope you can get your hands on one, they're way better in the flesh! <p></p><i></i>

lynx larynx

monstrooper...

Post by lynx larynx » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:23 am

<br>
...and Matt would know!<br>
<br>
Matt's the only guy I know that has them all.<br>
(and as much as it pains me to say it) he's the<br>
undisputed authority on Monstrooper collection.<br>
Thanks Matt - I was hoping you'd field this one.<br>
<br>
for the love of Pete ~.lx <p></p><i></i>

juuan

Re: monstrooper...

Post by juuan » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:33 pm

regular - green..<br>
UK paul smith - grey..<br>
tower record - orange..<br>
pook et koop - blue..<br>
mr craft - brown..<br>
satan arbeit - purple..<br>
Hong Kong pccw trendy eye - red..<br>
Taiwan hot dog toyz - black..<br>
Taiwan votre the - white..<br>
<br>
retail at 3800 yen, about $40.. green is most common, follow by Hong Kong red, taiwan white and black.. the rest are harder to acquire..<br>
<p></p><i></i>

osakamatt

Re: monstrooper...

Post by osakamatt » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:33 am

<br>
juan knows everything!<br>
<br>
the limited editons were all produced in the same quantities it's just that more of the black, white and reds made it onto ebay and web stores in the "west". is that right? <p></p><i></i>

ploom2

rarest?????

Post by ploom2 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:14 am

i'd say mr craft and the tower records one has been the hardest for me to get,..mr craft..only one shop in tokyo, and they have only had 1 on display for the last year..the white,black and green are still available in one store in tokyo..quite limited and quite expensive except the green, which seems around 15dollars to 40 dollars online.<br>
<br>
ive recently picked up the whole set except green, some were quite expensive though, and they tend to be more expensive on ebay as they appear less often. <p></p><i></i>

bort77

Post by bort77 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:00 pm

thanks everyone.<br>
giant robot has the green monstrooper for $72 or $76. i'm going out to l.a. next week and was thinking about picking one up while i was there, but now i'm not so sure.<br>
<br>
matt's pic of his monstroopers is was what really made me want one. its so cool to see the different colors together like that.<br>
<br>
.g. <p></p><i></i>

osakamatt

Post by osakamatt » Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:38 am

<br>
why thank you! nice to have passed the bug onto someone else...<br>
<br>
$70+ sounds a little expensive to me. if you're looking for the regular green i'm sure if you keep an eye on ebay you'd be able to pick one up for a better price at some point...<br>
<br>
cheers <p></p><i></i>

juuan

Post by juuan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:55 am

i reckon it also has something to do with the respective country of origin.. the white and black is really common back then in Taiwan, and likewise red in Hong Kong.. <p></p><i></i>