forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Doodled Dunnys
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:58 am 

Posted in the show off forums but as there doesn't seem to be much feedback, figured i'd post it here for those who might not venture there.

I had been thinking about doing this for a while but I never got around to it until NYCC. I've seen a few of these here and there but I decided that I'd rather do doodled dunnys because everyone else does munnys. Plus, dupes go to something useful no? \:D/

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image

Although I have amassed a tiny collection, I'm hoping for it to expand so if you're able to help me acquire the doodled dunnys of artists I don't have, please let me know. Obviously I'll pay but nothing OD please. Enjoy. \:D/

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:20 am 

Super sweet idea! You got some nice doodles there!

Good dealings with akn220, turdhole, rjl, PET1, Juliette, apeboy, deadlemming, ratmloud, wastemoremoney, DOLLFACE, phienomenal, oggyboy, achmad, Lil J NYC, reganomics813, Arcady, giantdwarf, Manga_Spawn, and raajr187.

Tweet Me | Friend Me | Follow Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 am 

Dang... I totally want all those haha. Awesome idea. If I ever get to go to the cons I'll totally do this.

Loving the ESC one.

Awesome Buyers: xxclandestinexx, PlasticMe, dreadpf, mrktrbx, Danimalx

Awesome Traders: lui, PET1, djtomain, iliksprite, sup727, sakuradave

AVOID: pwang8888

My Sales Thread! Updated 4/20/09 with signed 3 Bears set!

My Wants Thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 am 

That is really cool. Not only a great idea but it looks like the artists tried a little harder because of it being something new. It looks like your own Dunny set because of the way you have displayed them. I am in awe :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:57 am 

I really like the Andrew Bell one and how he used other colors aside from just black sharpie.

Great deals with: Omgitsacow, nocash138 (2), spunla, joker, cherieshipwreck, iggy4mayor, rizadette, djfohm, geniusgza, Tizight, DoctorDoyle, tyleR, reganomics813, CurseTheSeen, Mendez, BMXBENF, sillynickers, DMS, dxjock, Bo0oYaH, D-LuX, loomisid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:04 pm 

thanks everyone! yea, it definitely does make a unique set as opposed to regular series that have crappy ones and good ones i get a set with all artists that i like. picked up a pon one today.

and urban, hook me up if you can!! \:D/

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:44 pm 

yeah, that´s a cool idea. I have a dunny doodled by Tara McPherson, and one by Kid Acne. I also have a munny that was doodled by Tristan Eaton, Kid Acne and Calma.

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm 

Nice! How do you get the artists to do those for you? I'd love to have my favorite artist doodle on something for me.

Visit my store :]
deeten.storenvy.com
Instagram: @deeten
facebook.com/artbydeeten
deeten.tumblr.com
deeten.deviantart.com

deeten.10thstreetgallery@gmail.com

Good Rep: NikeJerk, deadboy, PET1, meatloaf, tk001, anubis2night, 3aCollector, rikitiki, yomi, Chronic, robbieXeff
3AA Woo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:28 pm 

This is a great idea! Why haven't I thought of it? It would have helped me out so much when I had all those duplicates. I wanna get me some dunnies now so I can have my own little set :-k

leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=252224&hilit=toys+for+sale+5%2F29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:30 pm 

oggyboy wrote:
yeah, that´s a cool idea. I have a dunny doodled by Tara McPherson, and one by Kid Acne. I also have a munny that was doodled by Tristan Eaton, Kid Acne and Calma.

no idea how i'll ever get tara or tristan! :-k

[ Added: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:31 pm ]
Sevren wrote:
Nice! How do you get the artists to do those for you? I'd love to have my favorite artist doodle on something for me.

just ask them when they hold signings at releases or signings during special events like comic con.

[ Added: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:32 pm ]
cheeky wrote:
This is a great idea! Why haven't I thought of it? It would have helped me out so much when I had all those duplicates. I wanna get me some dunnies now so I can have my own little set :-k

do it and post some pics when you get to it \:D/

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:42 pm 

Well, I just asked Tara, Tristan and Kid Acne when they came to Brazil. Baseman and Biskup were also here last year, but unfortunatelly I didn't get to talk to them...

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:51 pm 

oggyboy wrote:
Well, I just asked Tara, Tristan and Kid Acne when they came to Brazil. Baseman and Biskup were also here last year, but unfortunatelly I didn't get to talk to them...

yea i know. i just have no clue why tara would show up in nyc anymore. and tristan, well it'll be harder to get ahold of him.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 pm 

wastemoremoney wrote:
oggyboy wrote:

yea i know. i just have no clue why tara would show up in nyc anymore. and tristan, well it'll be harder to get ahold of him.

why is that? doens't she show her work at jonathan levine's gallery in NYC?
well, for me, as we usually don't have that many artists coming to visit, I always try to find out whenever someone whose work I like is coming... This last weekend the guys from DOMA where in a very cool expo...

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:12 pm 

oggyboy wrote:
wastemoremoney wrote:
oggyboy wrote:

why is that? doens't she show her work at jonathan levine's gallery in NYC?
well, for me, as we usually don't have that many artists coming to visit, I always try to find out whenever someone whose work I like is coming... This last weekend the guys from DOMA where in a very cool expo...

nice nice. ahh, i don't hang too much on upper level art galleries. :-#
i will definitely look into that though.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04 am 

woah, those are awesome!

OsirisOrion*, LUCKY13, Lil J NYC, meannistert, kidrobotNY, girlcreeture, p1985, djfohm, henry_brazil, drinkh2so4, Quiz, jdmslut, pinballwizard, C4, rizadette, Rsinart*, the-flip, mzKayDi, Sugarhill, bigrookieinc, organicsalsa, KANO, ddokbaro, Copernicus*, sym408, Squidnik, dinosaur, dunnyrocks, bk_bk, hypekickz*, AGVA, rizadette, axstar, PJPVIV*, wsg313, SecurityGeek, tealady, jmonusko, Milkit, so authentik, xshezx, Ginsburger, groovitude, iszcross, HUhSaywHat
Bad Transactions:
MANIMAL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 am 

those are really awesome. I was thinking about about doing the same thing and strip and prime my dupes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:59 pm 

Are those painted white or did you strip the paint off of them?

leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:14 pm 

cheeky wrote:

I think they were primed white. It's not every dunny that is made of white vinyl... unless he used a lot of UAMOU dupes!

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:05 pm 

oggyboy wrote:
cheeky wrote:

I think they were primed white. It's not every dunny that is made of white vinyl... unless he used a lot of UAMOU dupes!

you are correct on the former. i primed them. \:D/

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:23 am 

Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe i can get some at the SDCC this summer. One more thing to look forward to there!

Visit my store :]
deeten.storenvy.com
Instagram: @deeten
facebook.com/artbydeeten
deeten.tumblr.com
deeten.deviantart.com

deeten.10thstreetgallery@gmail.com

Good Rep: NikeJerk, deadboy, PET1, meatloaf, tk001, anubis2night, 3aCollector, rikitiki, yomi, Chronic, robbieXeff
3AA Woo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:12 am 

oggyboy wrote:
cheeky wrote:

It's funny that you mention the Uamou dunny cause I just bought a whole bunch from someone. Now I just gotta strip the paint off. I'll be gathering most of my doodles from SDCC this year. Wastemoremoney you really have a great idea. Since the dunnies are small enough I can bring a whole bunch with me and carry them around at Comic Con.

When priming the dunny is there anything I have to do before I prime the dunny? Like cleaning or sanding it? I might as well make use of the non white dunnies that I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:46 pm 

cheeky wrote:
oggyboy wrote:
cheeky wrote:

It's funny that you mention the Uamou dunny cause I just bought a whole bunch from someone. Now I just gotta strip the paint off. I'll be gathering most of my doodles from SDCC this year. Wastemoremoney you really have a great idea. Since the dunnies are small enough I can bring a whole bunch with me and carry them around at Comic Con.

When priming the dunny is there anything I have to do before I prime the dunny? Like cleaning or sanding it? I might as well make use of the non white dunnies that I have.

I just whipe them with a strong solvent, prime them white and that's all. If you're only use them for artists to doodle on, you don't even have to take off the heads and arms from the dunny...

redmutuca.com

huck gee wrote:
Great stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:13 pm 

oggyboy wrote:
cheeky wrote:
oggyboy wrote:
cheeky wrote:

I just whipe them with a strong solvent, prime them white and that's all. If you're only use them for artists to doodle on, you don't even have to take off the heads and arms from the dunny...

yea, you don't but i do it anyways because i'd rather wipe off everything cleanly. but for most of mine's from nycc, i didn't because i was tired as fuk from friday

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:56 am 

I really like the one of andrew Bell's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:33 am 

Suey wrote:
I really like the one of andrew Bell's

seems like a lot of people like his. it's one of my favorites as well. it's definitely because of him adding the slight touches of color on it.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers