forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:29 am 

The Glass House Swap Meet with booths by: Kid Robot, Obey, Paul Frank, To Die For, MUNKY KING, Japan LA, Dim Mak Collection, Alphacult, Hooligan Skate, Kung Fu Records, London Calling, The Militia Group, Rockett, Soulful Commandoe, Viper Black Clothing, SP Radio 1, Trey Q, Anenberg, The Meltdown Toy Store, Poseur Ink, Krypta Kustoms, Artillary Clothing, Notion Clothing, Loud and Obnoxious, The Illionaires, Gallery Onelove Deluxe!

Plus! The Handmade District presented by Lucky Find Designs with the following ETSY artists: Abyssal Gems, Amanda K Lockrow Jewelry, Annie Rexic, Armas, Brisil, Cutthroat Designs, Every Little Counts, Freshly Baked, Jane Clothing, LA Art Glass, Lean Dog Pottery, Lucky Find Designs, MJPartetc, My Friend Roze, New Socks, Skull Flower, Spitting Image, Spun By Ver, Susuten, Voz Clothing, Windchime, Zombie Factory

Check www.theglasshouse.us for updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm 

I'm stoked to be a part of it this year!!

It was 3 years ago I went to one of Jon's swap meet's at Chain Reaction where he talked me into buying my first toy @ the Alpha Cult table. Since then it's been a downward spiral of debt and obssesion =).

This year is going to be insane, I'm bringing a bunch of cash for sure! I can't wait to see what Paul Frank / Obey have instore for the swap meet.

EVERYONE GO TO THIS!!

xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:13 pm 

Definitely going to this! :) But how come the glasshouse link doesn't work? I've visited it before a couple months back with no issues.

Good sellers!: SmileyFace, Haden, nathanthepotter, iamthewinter, busizem718, mzkaydi, mANNEe, curegurl23, paterpan, tealady, richL...

Good buyers!: HelloKittyKait, EnderZ, jemappellekat...

BAD SELLER: htlkid25

WANT:
Bamboozoo: TTT
Tado Cannibal: Momo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 pm 

arisu wrote:
Definitely going to this! :) But how come the glasshouse link doesn't work? I've visited it before a couple months back with no issues.

its been really testy lately...go to the myspace if needbe www.myspace.com/theglasshouse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:47 pm 

anyone wanna hook up an east coact bruddah?

My Toy Sale!: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=120549

Good BST Transactions- mzKaydi, xblMANIMAL X a gajillion times, streakzzZZ, busizem718, MaurinQuina22, dodgrr, jenkaos, lalolo, FAS, NICBROWN, and the list continues...

ToyBaroness wrote:
Congrats on the Best Thread Title Ever.

^I WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:45 pm 

oh yes!!!!

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:08 pm 

Someone hook me up with some KR and OBEY [-o<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:39 am 

Is this going to be toys or clothes? 50/50? Are there going to be special releases or just clearing out the overstock? If it's got a good selection of vinyl, I will go...and if I go, I would be down for grabbing some non CA members some goodies.

Questionable transactions: donros

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:47 am 

dr.thug wrote:
Is this going to be toys or clothes? 50/50? Are there going to be special releases or just clearing out the overstock? If it's got a good selection of vinyl, I will go...and if I go, I would be down for grabbing some non CA members some goodies.

Last time it was mainly clothes. But there's gonna be 3 other booth's selling toys. Mine (the meltdown), Munky King and Alpha Cult.

xblMANIMAL / FilmArchitect / rafissaying / skullart / kemap / LondonToLA / BONER / D-LuX / tommynathan / tehlilone / qtiekiki / eckotyper / htlkid25 / AOD 13 / Autodactyl / ontheDL / Zero Mistro / Saint721 / Mendez / WTFunks / yanksb11 / akn220 / hellscrape / Diakka00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:35 am 

Chubby will be in the building alongside our buddies from KR and Soulful Commandoe.
Very Limited "swap meet" shirts will be available (preview will be posted soon) as well as the previously released "Hands-art show tee" (ltd. to 120 pieces, no 2 shirts exactly the same, men's and women's sizes available) *shown below*

sneak peaks of the remix-ed swap meet shirts will be posted on the website soon...

please come by and say hi, or take some stickers!

hope to see familiar faces there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:52 am 

im super excited about this! can't wait! i always seem to miss these sales, so itd be the first time i actually make it to one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:47 am 

anyone who comes out, look for me, ill be the stressed guy with the bulldog, bee girl will be there too...ill be rocking a black obey tshirt with yellow writing across it....im getting there at 7am to coordinate everything....doors at 10am....see you tomorrow.....

ive added dozens of other companies that arent on the site....goldenvoice will be there giving away tickets, baumvision blowing out penguin/paul frank/mod amusement glasses...and many others

jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:50 pm 

i cant wait!!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:43 pm 

can anyone pelase hook me up with a blck kr stealth backpack and/or a cheap size m white jacket lines with green dunny print on the inside? thanks!

My Toy Sale!: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=120549

Good BST Transactions- mzKaydi, xblMANIMAL X a gajillion times, streakzzZZ, busizem718, MaurinQuina22, dodgrr, jenkaos, lalolo, FAS, NICBROWN, and the list continues...

ToyBaroness wrote:
Congrats on the Best Thread Title Ever.

^I WIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:46 pm 

Swapmeet hookup

Help a boardie out [-o<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:47 am 

The flippers got a hold of everything the first 30 minutes. It $ucked this year. Wish KR didn't change their setup. [-(

Check out my sales thread here...
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=121764
Includes customs from past shows and such...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:18 am 

del730 wrote:
The flippers got a hold of everything the first 30 minutes. It $ucked this year. Wish KR didn't change their setup. [-(

i posted this in apparel, looks like i should here too...

hey, its jon....the one who set this whole thing up...like i have the last 12 swaps or so at glass house, and chain before that.

so why do you assume that anyone with a box a flipper? truth is, Baroness gave nearly everyone boxes at the beginning so that we could clear them out. plus, people shopped at obey, to die for, munky king, japan la, and the other 4 dozen plus spots....hence the filled boxes.

KR shipped 46 boxes....it didnt sell out until noon. i let in at least 1500-2000 people in that two hour span....considering there were probably somewhere between 1000-1500 items...seems like it made sense....

my friend andy (the booking guy at chain who took my place) worked the door of the KR room (we allowed around 20 or so at a time so that it wasnt the chaos of last year, it worked damn well...last year, stuff got nicked). the first two people in the room clearly grabbed items to resell. but after those initial two, he said people grabbed 1-5 items a pop or so. each person methodically went through the boxes to find stuff. not the sign of a flipper....

so by andy's obervance, only two flippers....everyone else, true KR fans.

basically, those who either got in line early got first dibs. i had 5 dudes help me that got there at 10pm last night! they carried the boxes and tables to the room, and helped move couches next door. they each got one hoody and one tshirt. then they got to shop first (they werent the flippers). if you got there between 6am-8am, you got to shop no problem....arriving at 10am meant getting in at 11am, then not getting in to the KR room until 1130 at the earliest...slim pickens.

oh yah, full disclosure, i let ONE person and a guest in to the KR room...but he's in a band and wanted to introduce him to Baroness...he didnt buy anything, and his friend bought one tshirt and one yo gabba gabba hoody (this particular friend WORKS for yo gabba gabba).

whatd i buy/score? nothing. i leave the shopping to you guys. did i make a grip of cash? no. i dont charge the vendors or anything. whatd i walk away with? the sense of satisfaction that i put together a heck of an event that drew a ton of people to pomona.....up against street scene in san diego, and a beautiful day to go to the beach. oh, and jason from to die for gave me his signature drum sticks, pretty cool.

so dont hate. sorry everyone didnt get what they wanted.

jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 am 

Just wanted to commend you for another, well put together show. I got there around 11 and the line to get into the glass house was around the side of the building and as far as the eye could see; you must be doing something right. Upon arrival, I knew I wouldn’t have the time to wait in line cause I already had plans for something else but I did see you and noticed that you were keeping the line in order the best you could, and it was moving steadily. While shopping for what I could at the outside venders, I didn’t see you let anyone cut in line and didn’t see you punch anyone, not even once once! Anyways, congrats on the show. Next time, don’t promote so well so I can have a chance to at least get inside. Yes, I’m blaming you for me showing up late, who else am I supposed to blame?! My only regret is not seeing the bulldog like last year.

SEA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 am 

SEAKAT1 wrote:
Just wanted to commend you for another, well put together show. I got there around 11 and the line to get into the glass house was around the side of the building and as far as the eye could see; you must be doing something right. Upon arrival, I knew I wouldn’t have the time to wait in line cause I already had plans for something else but I did see you and noticed that you were keeping the line in order the best you could, and it was moving steadily. While shopping for what I could at the outside venders, I didn’t see you let anyone cut in line and didn’t see you punch anyone, not even once once! Anyways, congrats on the show. Next time, don’t promote so well so I can have a chance to at least get inside. Yes, I’m blaming you for me showing up late, who else am I supposed to blame?! My only regret is not seeing the bulldog like last year.

SEA

Thanks! :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:00 pm 

hey, VERY well put together swap meet. i've been to many others where people were pushing, shoving, stepping over people. but no, this show was actually more organized. people are just blaming anyone they can for their laziness of not showing up early or not be able to get what they wanted. those 5 guys who helped you out in the beginning were actually my friend =D originally, i had the plan of camping out with them the previous night but i got sick =( nevertheless, had to show up around 7:30am.

i have to say you have an adorable dog, and hopefully you guys can do this swapmeet soon again! i'll definitely be the first in line next time =x

ps. you prob don't remember me but i was the girl that asked where's the paul frank booth in the beginning of the event at the KR line. thanks! i was very satisfied with the event =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:33 pm 

Have they ever had swap meets in nyc? Sounds pretty cool from what i've been reading and i haven't been on the forums long enough to know if they've done this sort of thing in nyc.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:52 pm 

wastemoremoney wrote:
Have they ever had swap meets in nyc? Sounds pretty cool from what i've been reading and i haven't been on the forums long enough to know if they've done this sort of thing in nyc.

i just do it at my venue for fun. you guys got the pirate store!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:30 pm 

I had a great time regardless of everything selling out at KR's spot. It's not their fault they didn't have as much stuff as the last time. But I did want to ask about one of the companies that was outside on the corner as you turned the bin into the entry hall. It was a company that had a great selection of colored shoelaces. Does anybody remember who they were so I can try and get a hold of them or the laces?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:02 pm 

Nobody goes to the Glasshouse Swap Meet anymore...it's too crowded.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:54 pm 

wafflebot...

i cant post any link yet cause i dont have over 10 posts :doubt: but hopefully you know which site to go, just google fullylaced or go to fullylaced dot com