Wild Life

Get your Dunny fix here. Discuss the 3-inch series, post an 8-inch wish lists, or chat about upcoming designs.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

halfapparition

Wild Life

Post by halfapparition » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:43 am

Multi

:rock:

from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

QTPie

Re: Wild Life

Post by QTPie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:22 am

You've got my attention...
http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

noeleaser

Post by noeleaser » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Endangered wildlife?

8)
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

archfiend101

Post by archfiend101 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:13 pm

Be great to see a woes panda, the one cancelled from the aos series would be perfect and a mike fudge piece

halfapparition

Post by halfapparition » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 am

:rock: or that Spanky Dunny that got nixed years ago
from SKET
"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

MattPower

Post by MattPower » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:44 am

YES! Endangered 2.0 would be GREAT!
I like this SO MUCH MORE than the Batman themed Dunny series

Really LOVING all the multi artist series coming up
=P~

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:21 am

Oooh this is one that's flown under my radar. I'll have to keep an eye out!

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:18 pm

halfapparition wrote::rock: or that Spanky Dunny that got nixed years ago

:lol: ;)

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:59 pm

archfiend101 wrote:Be great to see a woes panda…
While I don't believe Woes will be in this one, I think someone else 'panda' related will be… ;)

bueller240

Post by bueller240 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Is there supposed to be something? I don't see any pics or anything.

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:49 am

bueller240 wrote:Is there supposed to be something? I don't see any pics or anything.
No pics have leaked yet. Wild Life is the title of a multi-artist Dunny series that, I think, is expected early next year.

bueller240

Post by bueller240 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Oh, ok. Nice!

Thatsmrlazy

Post by Thatsmrlazy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:04 am

Super Hyped!

Hopefully full of fresh and up and coming artists!

JayJayFool

Post by JayJayFool » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:26 pm

halfapparition wrote::rock: or that Spanky Dunny that got nixed years ago

.....dont play with me!!!
I need money for Custom Yetis!! So buy my stuff!!! Got a Black lucky cat 8" and a Blue Tara McP 8" http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=162721

Take a look at some of my customs i've done!!http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=117819

chorus

Post by chorus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 am

Artist list announced...
good deals w/:
fauxtograph, yup, thegfm, jmf337, johnnybagadounuts, neeonfox

Thatsmrlazy

Post by Thatsmrlazy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

One thousand times yes! This looks to be the series for me!

Hhhhhhowever.... It doesn't seem to have much star power in terms of its big names outside of the toy scene. Here is hoping it gets traction in them there parts.

But for me this is a damn good sounding series and hopefully proves I am not too negative when it comes to all release news :lol:

chorus

Post by chorus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:08 pm

Thatsmrlazy wrote:
One thousand times yes! This looks to be the series for me!

Hhhhhhowever.... It doesn't seem to have much star power in terms of its big names outside of the toy scene. Here is hoping it gets traction in them there parts.

But for me this is a damn good sounding series and hopefully proves I am not too negative when it comes to all release news :lol:
Yea the three designers from Kidrobot are a weird addition.
good deals w/:

JayJayFool

Post by JayJayFool » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Drools...... want this out NOW!!!!
I need money for Custom Yetis!! So buy my stuff!!! Got a Black lucky cat 8" and a Blue Tara McP 8" http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=162721

Take a look at some of my customs i've done!!http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?t=117819

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:47 am

chorus wrote:Yea the three designers from Kidrobot are a weird addition.
But not completely out of the blue. Johnny Draco designed the Mr. Watt Dunny and Josh Divine has been doing customs for a little while at least (i.e. Strangecat Toys' Bearly custom show). Plus, of course, Draco and Park were two of the artists involved in making the Kidrobot Design Team piece for Broke Piggy's Shard Show at DCon.

chorus

Post by chorus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:33 pm

trustpigs wrote:
But not completely out of the blue. Johnny Draco designed the Mr. Watt Dunny and Josh Divine has been doing customs for a little while at least (i.e. Strangecat Toys' Bearly custom show). Plus, of course, Draco and Park were two of the artists involved in making the Kidrobot Design Team piece for Broke Piggy's Shard Show at DCon.
Just because it's not out of the blue doesn't make it not a weird choice. The argument has to be made that they are being included to pad out this series. Could KR not afford more artists? Are in house designers paid for designs like outside artists? Are all series now just going to include the KR design team padding out series? Look I haven't seen the designs, that's clear but I can't be the only one riled up by this right? So people are getting what I'm assuming are multiple designs in a series because they did one or two customs? Or because they work for KR. There are people desperate to make a dunny design, who have been killing it with amazing designs/customs for years. There are people outside the scene who would be amazing additions to this series, amazing designers. Im all for showcasing new talent. Some of my favorite artists are those I've discovered through a dunny design. I'm all about making a dunny by an artist people haven't heard of, but this isn't that and it's obvious. I know I sound stupid, that this shouldn't be something to get rankled over but I LOVE the dunny platform, I love the arttoy movement and KR is a pillar in that. Brand Integrity matters. I've never been one to scream the end is here even when times were bad, but this feels like something is being diminished and I can't quite articulate what it is. I want KR to be successful, I want them to make the kind of money they want to make and expand their brand and all that stuff that a lot of you other people dont want, but I don't want them to lose what made them interesting in the first place. I hope this is just my time to have the crazy moment.
Again, I've met a couple of the designers, they seem like OK people, this isn't a personal attack.
I guess that's the end of my rant. Proceed to bash me to oblivion.
Last edited by chorus on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good deals w/:

ChewieOK

Post by ChewieOK » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:54 pm

chorus wrote:
trustpigs wrote:
Just because it's not out of the blue doesn't make it a weird choice. The argument has to be made that they are being included to pad out this series. Could KR not afford more artists? Are in house designers paid for designs like outside artists? Are all series now just going to include the KR design team padding out series? Look I haven't seen the designs, that's clear but I can't be the only one riled up by this right? So people are getting what I'm assuming are multiple designs in a series because they did one or two customs? Or because they work for KR. There are people desperate to make a dunny design, who have been killing it with amazing designs/customs for years. There are people outside the scene who would be amazing additions to this series, amazing designers. Im all for showcasing new talent. Some of my favorite artists are those I've discovered through a dunny design. I'm all about making a dunny by an artist people haven't heard of, but this isn't that and it's obvious. I know I sound stupid, that this shouldn't be something to get rankled over but I LOVE the dunny platform, I love the arttoy movement and KR is a pillar in that. Brand Integrity matters. I've never been one to scream the end is here even when times were bad, but this feels like something is being diminished and I can't quite articulate what it is. I want KR to be successful, I want them to make the kind of money they want to make and expand their brand and all that stuff that a lot of you other people dont want, but I don't want them to lose what made them interesting in the first place. I hope this is just my time to have the crazy moment.
Again, I've met a couple of the designers, they seem like OK people, this isn't a personal attack.
I guess that's the end of my rant. Proceed to bash me to oblivion.
It's tough for those who have collected for years. We were cautiously optimistic about the Wild Life series. We keep waiting for it to get back on track but it never does. The prices go up, the cases get bigger, dupes increase, and more and more poor series are released. The rehashed GID 13 series was said to be super limited yet its still available. There is little activity in the forum and few, if any, case layouts are posted now. There has been major bad decision making regarding the dunny line. They are cranking this stuff out with little thought, just to make a buck. In the past, you could have over a dozen very different interesting artists in a series. My interest is very low at this point. I have skipped most series in the last year and a half. Its too expensive for weak product. KR needs to release only two dunny series a year and spend some time cultivating inspired artists for them. I still haven't bought the Kronk holiday dunny. I like it, but after adding shipping and taxes, I passed. I complain because I still sort of care...for now.
good transactions with these good people:
analog101, armenexchange, BHKidRobotNYC, bigdaddyh, bluegreenkey, brobles, C4 (2X), caelum, dave (2X), DrftDrgn21, =DuNnYnNuD=, dunnyrocks, Dupper (2X), EviL0ne (2X), FilmArchitect, griffndunn, heySuburbia (2X), HOVA, igbid, iliksprite (2X), javadoozy, jmf337 (2X), KIDCANNON10 (3X), lediscode, LOADHOLT, lui, Masago15 (2X), mistachael, (nice dream), noeleaser, Oisterboy, Omie, Pezhead23, pomasta, quentdiggy (2X), realtyguy808, Rmanintheny (2X), robbieXeff, snooker (2X), stclax, Stonesoup (2X), tattooedjester, Trademark78 (5X), VapDee/spoilerlert (10X), Vinylassasin

Thatsmrlazy

Post by Thatsmrlazy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:44 pm

ChewieOK wrote: It's tough for those who have collected for years. We were cautiously optimistic about the Wild Life series. We keep waiting for it to get back on track but it never does. The prices go up, the cases get bigger, dupes increase, and more and more poor series are released. The rehashed GID 13 series was said to be super limited yet its still available. There is little activity in the forum and few, if any, case layouts are posted now. There has been major bad decision making regarding the dunny line. They are cranking this stuff out with little thought, just to make a buck. In the past, you could have over a dozen very different interesting artists in a series. My interest is very low at this point. I have skipped most series in the last year and a half. Its too expensive for weak product. KR needs to release only two dunny series a year and spend some time cultivating inspired artists for them. I still haven't bought the Kronk holiday dunny. I like it, but after adding shipping and taxes, I passed. I complain because I still sort of care...for now.
I think the best way to sum it up is that back in the old days of The Series 3 or LA Series If an artist was big they would usually end up getting a dunny. It was almost like a sign of them being a big name in the art scene.

Apart from Johnny Draco this series is a lot of people who are big in the toy scene. Not the Art scene, which is not what us old timers signed up for ; )

Also, there were twice as many people designing dunny's in series 3 then there are in this series.

Sorry if I have made any mistakes but here is the list.

Wild Life

1. Kronk – Artist
2. Linda panda – Artist
3. Squink – Customiser
4. IGOR Ventura – Customiser
5. Sharon Park – Graphic artist
6. Spanky Stokes – Runs a toy blog
7. Josh Divine - Artist
8. Johnny Draco - Artist

Series 3

1. Tilt – Artist
2. Touma – Customiser
3. Tristan Eaton – Graphic artist
4. Ron English – Artist
5. Attaboy – Artist
6. Huck Gee – Artist
7. CW – Artist
8. Tokidoki (Simone Legno) – Artist
9. Craola (Greg Simkins) - Artist
10. Friends With You - Artist
11. Abe Lincoln Jr. – Toy customizer
12. Mishka (Greg Rivera) - Designer
13. Alex Pardee – Artist
14. Feric – Artist
15. Damon Soule – Artist
16. Joe Ledbetter – Artist
17. Flying Förtress – Graffiti artist

spankystokes

Post by spankystokes » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:50 pm

:D
If anyone has toy news, contact me so we can spread the word!
SpankyStokes on Twitter
SpankyStokes on Facebook

Please Visit My Website For Toy News & References
http://www.spankystokes.com