forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 936, 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942 ... 949  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:50 pm 

Woooooooops (most probably added some extra ooo's)

Didn't you have a full Kaws collection of everything back in the day?? Good luck :rock:

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:28 am 

Who here has a legitimate 5yrl Kaws dissected companion black?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 am 

Does anyone know the best and most reliable place to auction off some kaws prints? I'm looking to sell some prints and I would obviously like the most active bidding possible. Any suggestions or experience from past auctions?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:34 pm 

Is there any word on another wave of the MOMA Open Edition companion series? I was abroad when this last release dropped.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 pm 

Just got my brown/og open edition set. They look great but the companion one does not stand flat. It looks like one leg is about 1/8 inch longer than the other. Anyone else seen that?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:58 pm 

Philpenn wrote:
I'd lean towards legit. Seeing them sell for less than cost pretty regularly as of late. Then again, why wouldn't some factory workers crank some out after hours? In that case, they're probably the same thing.

You can lean towards legit but I know with 100% certainty that there are FAKE/KNOCKOFF kaws blush open edition figures on eBay. There's at least one listed right now by someone in china for about $110-115.

Stay away from ANY "open edition" companions being sold on eBay, particularly from Asia sellers, with prices that are too good to be true

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:33 pm 

I have seen fake red blush ones but they are all easy to spot because they come in an actual box similar to the limited edition kaws figures rather than the plastic bag. They are also 16 inches tall rather than 10.3.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:51 pm 

mjza wrote:
I have seen fake red blush ones but they are all easy to spot because they come in an actual box similar to the limited edition kaws figures rather than the plastic bag. They are also 16 inches tall rather than 10.3.

Easy to tell if they post the size or show a photo of the packaging... not all have.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:31 pm 

lupend88 wrote:
Does anyone know the best and most reliable place to auction off some kaws prints? I'm looking to sell some prints and I would obviously like the most active bidding possible. Any suggestions or experience from past auctions?

You can try listing them right here in the sales forum. I've seen a number of people list high end prints over the years with success.

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:44 pm 

lupend88 wrote:

I have a great auction house in mind and can give you the information, hit up my DM.

But I've had some great results with Artsy and Artnet. LMK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:30 am 

Rebound wrote:
lupend88 wrote:

You can try listing them right here in the sales forum. I've seen a number of people list high end prints over the years with success.

I am trying to get top dollar for these to afford a major life payment I have coming up and I am not looking to give the "boardie hookup" that some people justifiably come to expect. I guess it's still worth a shot though, I plan on posting these prints for sale in the next month or so. Thank you!

wutang wrote:
lupend88 wrote:

I have a great auction house in mind and can give you the information, hit up my DM.

Just PM'd, thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:02 pm 

lupend88 wrote:
Rebound wrote:
lupend88 wrote:

I am trying to get top dollar for these to afford a major life payment I have coming up and I am not looking to give the "boardie hookup" that some people justifiably come to expect. I guess it's still worth a shot though, I plan on posting these prints for sale in the next month or so. Thank you!

wutang wrote:
lupend88 wrote:

Just PM'd, thanks!

When it comes to Kaws, board members pay top dollar.

Can't say the same for other vinyl, as I myself have had trouble getting rid of some high end kidrobot stuff over the past few months.

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode

My Artwork Blog...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:03 pm 

lupend88 it won't let me write you a message? message me your email thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:31 pm 

@Rebound Thanks for the info, I will post them here when I start selling them probably next month.

wutang wrote:
lupend88 it won't let me write you a message? message me your email thanks

PM'd, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:22 pm 

Hey guys, headed to NYC for a few days this week. Any suggestions on cool art stores or places to find some Kaws items as well?

Will be staying at the Palace hotel, no idea where that is. Wifey did the booking

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:26 pm 

Where The End Starts is a sharp looking book. Really dig the different front/back/binding.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:04 pm 

The weight, plastic boxing, plastic covering, holographic sticker, and details on the toy and cover match up afaik but just want to make sure before I close out the two sales.

https://imgur.com/a/99yO7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:31 am 

I'm about to move to my own flat and found some stuff that I forgot I had. So, what's the point of keeping them? One of the pieces is the Kaws "Original Fake" poster from his 2003 Exhibition at the BAPE Gallery in Japan. I've been able to gather little information about it online. I got it from Yahoo! JP Auctions in 2005, so I'm pretty sure its real (it was before fakes arrived) and I've read it was limited to 100 or 300 depending on the source... Maybe you guys could tell me more.

PS- not my pic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:08 pm 

Foenix499999 wrote:
The weight, plastic boxing, plastic covering, holographic sticker, and details on the toy and cover match up afaik but just want to make sure before I close out the two sales.

https://imgur.com/a/99yO7

It looks identical to mine which came from kawsone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:19 pm 

dieseldub wrote:
Hey guys, headed to NYC for a few days this week. Any suggestions on cool art stores or places to find some Kaws items as well?

Will be staying at the Palace hotel, no idea where that is. Wifey did the booking

Check out Toy Tokyo, they have a ton of Kaws stuff, some for sale and some not. Also, Moma store might have restock on the OE companions if you're lucky.

My Artwork Blog...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:26 am 

Rebound wrote:
dieseldub wrote:

Check out Toy Tokyo, they have a ton of Kaws stuff, some for sale and some not. Also, Moma store might have restock on the OE companions if you're lucky.

ToyTokyo was pretty disappointing (compared to my last visit 9 years ago).

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 am 

Probably better off finding spots to just look. Anything for sale is going to be stupidly priced anyway, no?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 pm 

hey guys, looking to grab this dissected milo from a fellow collector. seems like it could be legit, but i don't have any milos in my kaws collection to compare it to. any other opinions? is there anything i should be looking for in a bootleg, aside from foot stamp + packaging/hologram?

would love a second opinion if there are any watch outs. thanks.

https://ibb.co/eFq5Zk
https://ibb.co/j7GOLQ
https://ibb.co/jGXxfQ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:58 pm 

Get inner she'll pics, close up pics of the guts and areas where paint color overlaps (inspect for overspray).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 am 

here are the pics i've been given of the shell, and dissected side.
any red flags? the colour looks a little sloppy around the eye, but again with no milos in my collection i have nothing to compare it to, though some of my companions from kawsone look like this where the ankles meet the shoes.

thanks for your help, guys.

https://ibb.co/hmhLH5

https://ibb.co/jgfUAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 936, 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942 ... 949  Next