forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:10 pm 

I didn't see these ones mentioned above, if they were, I musta missed them. ToysREvil & Spanky Stokes have big audiences and they get a lot of their traffic by promoting cool stuff like this. I would also make sure you post up cool pics of your pieces in the appropriate show-off forum threads and make sure you include links to your Instagram & Flickr pages so people can get updates.

As an indy producer I don't know that you need to be sending around samples. Really good shots of the pieces with a hi-res camera should do it. I used to write a bit for ToyCyte back in the day (RIP) and I still get emails from several artists to get their stuff posted. Don't feel bad about sending out emails when you actually have some news or a decent update. Most of the folks who run the blogs are fans first and they love getting cool stuff like this in their inbox.

One way to help promote what you are doing is run a WIP or 'How I Did This' thread on one or a couple of the bigger forums. Mako did that with her Labbit-in-a-Bottle project and it was awesome to follow her through the design and production of those figures. Be sure to space out the updates a bit (one every week or two) but don't go too long or you risk losing your audience. You've already done your design work and some production so you might condense the Rook stuff into a few posts and then concentrate on the actual making of stuff for later posts.

Personally I am soooooo tempted to get one but my bank account is saying otherwise. I will do what little I can to help spread the word. I think this is probably my favourite figure in the past few years. It helps that I love the black and orange colour combo. It is one of my all time favs!! Much like MusicMan and his green and black.

(edit)

I just went to your shop and it said you don't ship to Canada. Is there no international shipping? That might be a bit of a problem. I live close enough to the border that I can make arrangements but folks further away, in Europe or Down Under for example are out of luck. Aside from that, does the $70 include shipping in the US? Seems like it on the shop page.

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:17 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:
I didn't see these ones mentioned above, if they were, I musta missed them. ToysREvil & Spanky Stokes have big audiences and they get a lot of their traffic by promoting cool stuff like this. I would also make sure you post up cool pics of your pieces in the appropriate show-off forum threads and make sure you include links to your Instagram & Flickr pages so people can get updates.

As an indy producer I don't know that you need to be sending around samples. Really good shots of the pieces with a hi-res camera should do it. I used to write a bit for ToyCyte back in the day (RIP) and I still get emails from several artists to get their stuff posted. Don't feel bad about sending out emails when you actually have some news or a decent update. Most of the folks who run the blogs are fans first and they love getting cool stuff like this in their inbox.

One way to help promote what you are doing is run a WIP or 'How I Did This' thread on one or a couple of the bigger forums. Mako did that with her Labbit-in-a-Bottle project and it was awesome to follow her through the design and production of those figures. Be sure to space out the updates a bit (one every week or two) but don't go too long or you risk losing your audience. You've already done your design work and some production so you might condense the Rook stuff into a few posts and then concentrate on the actual making of stuff for later posts.

Personally I am soooooo tempted to get one but my bank account is saying otherwise. I will do what little I can to help spread the word. I think this is probably my favourite figure in the past few years. It helps that I love the black and orange colour combo. It is one of my all time favs!! Much like MusicMan and his green and black.

Thank you that means a lot. Hopefully you can get your hands on one or both eventually.
I'm definetly going to take your advice. I'm working on different things so I'm trying to keep track of it all.
It feels good to hear you guys say how awesome the piece looks. Can't wait to get a full sized bishop done for you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:27 pm 

Sorry I popped in the shipping info edit just as you were posting your answer above. Can you let us know about the international shipping info?

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:51 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Sorry I popped in the shipping info edit just as you were posting your answer above. Can you let us know about the international shipping info?

I'm pretty sure the shipping info is the same $5. Truthfully if it comes out to more i just come out
Of pocket to try to get it to everyone fairly quickly. I have no problem doing that for my supporters. I have to set it up that if you order a set the shipping is free. So if you order a set and get charged $10 dollar shipping you will be refunded that money.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:42 am 

My Orange (and friggin awesome special inclusion) landed safely today.

Absolutely amazing work my man, even better than the original in my book. I'll get some pictures taken and posted up soon.

I think I'm gunna be on the hook for a fire and ice chess set :rock:

TRAMPT
http://trampt.com/w/darika09

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:59 am 

darika09 wrote:

Absolutely amazing work my man, even better than the original in my book. I'll get some pictures taken and posted up soon.

When you post pics, you should also post them here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=51863
I think a bunch of people look at that thread, and it would give Mikey some exposure. :rock:

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 pm 

darika09 wrote:

So happy it got to you in one piece! And that's a little test print of the 3 incher sorry it's not a final version but im still working on perfecting them. They'll look a lot better soon I promise.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:02 pm 

Thank you !!!!

D~

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:44 pm 

Oh, damn! They look so good. I really have to resist...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:03 pm 

Domina wrote:
Thank you !!!!

D~

Lol the test pull looks like it's made out of ice.

Thank you for your support I'm so happy you like it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:15 pm 

I am going to send this to a friend who plays at a chess club, I'm sure they are going to love it.

Great work Mikey :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:36 am 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Oh, damn! They look so good. I really have to resist...

No don't resist!!

I really liked the fizzle-ness (yes, new word) of the mini piece. Im not sure how much control you have over what effects are going on inside the piece, but it'd be rad if you could finagle a flame effect for my fire vs ice chess set that ill be wanting :D

TRAMPT

GREAT FRIENDS/TRADERS/SELLERS: TIMMY2000, KIDGLASGOW, DRUMMERBOY2, OICYU8CHU, MUSICMAN02, CB075, KITMAN34, HOMERJ/HOMERJREDUX, NISARES, NOTHING371, 1957VWBEETLE, VINYLSEEKER, ALBERTONE, TEN21, EVIL0NE, GLOCK325, ZAPPA103, HELLSCRAPE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:21 pm 

Hey guys i was thinking about doing an Instagram contest to win one of each Rooks. Do you guys think it will get a little more exposure that way? maybe ill ask some of the blogs to help as well. maybe after a few days ill show a video going through a random picture under a hash tag and choosing 2 winners.

basically asking people to repost a picture with a special tag and hopefully get more than 5 entries.
what do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:57 pm 

People always like free stuff. I just hope you'd get the exposure that you're after. Once people get these in their hands they'll undoubtedly be fans.

TRAMPT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:33 pm 

Guess what I just did... :D
Now to wait for the postie!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Guess what I just did... :D
Now to wait for the postie!

Thank you!!

Ill get it out first thing tomorrow. But realize we just received 31 inches of snow so hopefully it wont take very long to get to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:22 pm 

Mikey, for gods' sake stay inside where it is warm and safe except to go out and play. Don't be trying to trek around for a toy delivery. I know I'll get it and that's good enough for now. Better you should spend the enforced inside time working on other stuff (toys, family stuff or otherwise). Remember I used to live in Japan and I am more than used to waiting for stuff to be shipped. Heck Motorbot still hasn't sent me my Da Warrior and I've been waiting for that since late 2008/early 2009. :? Yeah, I gave up on ever seeing that one a little while ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:39 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Mikey, for gods' sake stay inside where it is warm and safe except to go out and play. Don't be trying to trek around for a toy delivery. I know I'll get it and that's good enough for now. Better you should spend the enforced inside time working on other stuff (toys, family stuff or otherwise). Remember I used to live in Japan and I am more than used to waiting for stuff to be shipped. Heck Motorbot still hasn't sent me my Da Warrior and I've been waiting for that since late 2008/early 2009. :? Yeah, I gave up on ever seeing that one a little while ago.

I appreciate that but my car is dug out and I'm looking forward to trying her out in the snow. As much as I hate the snow I've grown used to it and the cold from working outside with my real job. I truly don't want my customers to wait very long, I'm more worried about the U.S postal service taking forever. It's no problem to me truly. As an artist and now having a small business I have to be responsible for my product. I personally hate waiting for my toys that I order. So since I have the inventory you shouldn't have to wait.

It's people like you that makes me love this industry. All I want to do it make more crazy stuff for you guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:52 am 

Mikey Puff wrote:
It's people like you that makes me love this industry. All I want to do it make more crazy stuff for you guys.

With that attitude we all win! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:03 pm 

ok guys im doing a contest for some exposure. 2 winners one for each color. the winner will be announced Tuesday. im going to do a video choosing the winners so you gys know its fair.

its an instagram contest so you guys have to post this picture with the hashtag #winrook. pass the word on!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:18 pm 

Thanks for hosting the contest! I seriously hope I win one of them as they look great in all the pics. I'm sure they look even better in-person! Good luck to all!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:14 pm 

\:D/ :partyman:

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:21 am 

Awesome stuff! Did this get picked up on any of the blogs?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:19 am 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Awesome stuff! Did this get picked up on any of the blogs?

sadly no.. but did yours come in yet? im hoping it got to you in one piece.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:27 am 

Not yet but customs sometimes takes their own sweet time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next