forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:32 am 

goddamnanalog wrote:
is he going to be painted?

Yes, the final product will be painted. :)
More images will be revealed soon, please stay tuned with us for updates!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:41 pm 

Is the preorder the first 100?
This guy is freaking awesome!

SupaDupa sellers: goddamnanalog, lightspeed, chasBrock, scmsix, quentdiggy, purple_alice(6x), robbieXeff (x2), Dan-knee rock, Quiz, dr. Whom, rumadman, asprinting, Sigurd, Drizzle, Beeto bot*, chirluzalo, bubblegum king, onetruescotty, Igbid
Sold to: fericfanatic(wingedyetti), igbid, beeswax, joyfulthing, Juan 2.0, zevol, Bennynormal
Great trades with: robotki, igbid, wongv, chiruzalo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:46 pm 

Louhemp007 wrote:
Is the preorder the first 100?
This guy is freaking awesome!

Thanks for liking our work.

As to your question, you may still pre-order it after we sold the item to the first 100 buyers, but the rest numbers (150) will not have our promotional deal.

Our promotional deal is only for the first 100 buyers: ($199.99 U.S plus shipping) + "A handcrafted gift"

If you have any questions regarding our products, you may also contact us through email: info@a-x-2.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm 

Love everything I've seen so far. Will there be any story info included with the packaging? I'm curious to know more about the world Rei exists in.

Anyway, can't wait to see the colored pics!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:38 pm 

What is the expected turn around for rei?

SupaDupa sellers: goddamnanalog, lightspeed, chasBrock, scmsix, quentdiggy, purple_alice(6x), robbieXeff (x2), Dan-knee rock, Quiz, dr. Whom, rumadman, asprinting, Sigurd, Drizzle, Beeto bot*, chirluzalo, bubblegum king, onetruescotty, Igbid
Sold to: fericfanatic(wingedyetti), igbid, beeswax, joyfulthing, Juan 2.0, zevol, Bennynormal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:38 pm 

Louhemp007 wrote:
What is the expected turn around for rei?

According to their BigCartel shop, it says 4th Quarter of 2013.

Here is the direct link: Boom No. 2: REI!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:35 pm 

Thanks!
That's me, missing the fine details.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 am 

Rei goes on sale in 2 days, hoping some color pics show up soon - granted, I've already made up my mind to buy one, I just really one to see it. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:09 am 

Jekyll wrote:
Love everything I've seen so far. Will there be any story info included with the packaging? I'm curious to know more about the world Rei exists in.

Anyway, can't wait to see the colored pics!

We are planning to make a comic book for BOOM! Series, please stay tuned with us. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 am 

BOOM! SERIES #2 onsale tomorrow 8AM PST!

Our handcrafted gift only available for the first 100 pre-orders!
(Special thanks to our friend "AINXX" to help us make this 1:6 sneakers)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 am 

love the figure with armor
is he still available? :)

bought from: OmnilimbO, chronic
sold to: sirbeanward, soph-net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 am 

livindaye wrote:

That was a one off I believe, it never went into production. However, I'm hopeful that as they expand their fanbase and grow we'll see a version make it to production eventually. One can dream anyway. :D

Right now, I just want to know when the rest of the Rei's go on sale, I missed it today as in my excitement I didn't realize it was in the a.m. and missed the sale by a good 12 hours. :(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:57 am 

Preordered! Will the figure be able to hold the gun? Hope it's not just a prop, or that would definitely disappoint a lot of people :doubt:

Completed (and highly satisfying) transactions: hypnotiq, dtrain, whitey, chenreaction, quentdiggy, onespot01, 3Acollector, KFin67, sevren, Bunny Dunny, Beeswax, skelve, DrftDrgn21, iampierrot, mohawkpalace, theMarkSewell, snuffy, sk8collector, the Drizzle, doomsDAY. Dr. Whom

Beware: bluegreenkey

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:00 pm 

I've got to be honest here; the fact that the figure's price jumped up nearly $50 after the initial pre-order stock with free gift sold out has left a sour taste in my mouth. It feels like the latecomers are being charged a penalty for not being lucky enough to be in the top 100 and are stuck footing the bill for the "free gift" that those lucky few are going to receive. Now, plenty of companies do the free gift for the first 50, 100, what-have-you, but I don't generally see a huge (or any) price hike on the remaining stock and that's what I take issue with. I'm horribly disappointed by this practice from this company.

I've been watching and checking this thread regularly since it first appeared. I've sent links to it, the official blog and website to friends of mine and have looked over all the posted images frequently - to say I was excited about this release is an understatement. But that "penalty" charge and the idea that I feel like I am paying for someone else's "free gift" has put all that on pause and even though the figure is currently available, I believe I am going to have to pass.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:27 pm 

Jekyll wrote:
I've got to be honest here; the fact that the figure's price jumped up nearly $50 after the initial pre-order stock with free gift sold out has left a sour taste in my mouth. It feels like the latecomers are being charged a penalty for not being lucky enough to be in the top 100 and are stuck footing the bill for the "free gift" that those lucky few are going to receive. Now, plenty of companies do the free gift for the first 50, 100, what-have-you, but I don't generally see a huge (or any) price hike on the remaining stock and that's what I take issue with. I'm horribly disappointed by this practice from this company.

I've been watching and checking this thread regularly since it first appeared. I've sent links to it, the official blog and website to friends of mine and have looked over all the posted images frequently - to say I was excited about this release is an understatement. But that "penalty" charge and the idea that I feel like I am paying for someone else's "free gift" has put all that on pause and even though the figure is currently available, I believe I am going to have to pass.

I feel the same, why pay 45 bucks more when youre not getting anything extra

want list + grails::coarsetoys Mint pain 1:3 (BOX ONLY) ROTO jaws (mint condition no seam or neck problem)...also Switch set and body bags NYFAT & LAFATS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:06 pm 

EviL0ne wrote:

Considering the first 100 sold out in about 5 mins and that the higher priced versions are still lingering in the store a couple days later, I'd wager it's safe to say that we're not the only ones to share this opinion.

Really bummed about how things with this company have turned out. The excitement is pretty much gone for me at this point. There had to be a better way to "cost-in" the free gift other than making those that werent quick enough to be in the first 100 pay for it. Ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 am 

Jekyll wrote:
EviL0ne wrote:

Considering the first 100 sold out in about 5 mins and that the higher priced versions are still lingering in the store a couple days later, I'd wager it's safe to say that we're not the only ones to share this opinion.

Really bummed about how things with this company have turned out. The excitement is pretty much gone for me at this point. There had to be a better way to "cost-in" the free gift other than making those that werent quick enough to be in the first 100 pay for it. Ugh.

Same here i really like the fig but to charge that extra $ i can invest it in another fig

want list + grails::coarsetoys Mint pain 1:3 (BOX ONLY) ROTO jaws (mint condition no seam or neck problem)...also Switch set and body bags NYFAT & LAFATS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 am 

rikitiki wrote:
Preordered! Will the figure be able to hold the gun? Hope it's not just a prop, or that would definitely disappoint a lot of people :doubt:

Yes, He can hold the gun! There are 4 interchangeable palm:
2 for holding swords
1 for holding blaster
1 for relaxed palm

Jekyll wrote:

Please don't be disappointed! There will be rewards for everyone who came to our store to support us. We will make sure that each person who bought directly from our warehouse will get a reward and we will have an announcment about that sooner or later this week! :rock:

Last edited by Ax2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:44 am 

Does it come in BLACK?

Do you like to see Rei in Black? Here is your chance!

There will be some chase ver. Rei randomly insert within the rest of 150 pieces. This chase figure will come in black with more detail weathering.
(This special offer is only applicable to direct order through our online store.)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 am 

Jekyll wrote:
livindaye wrote:

That was a one off I believe, it never went into production. However, I'm hopeful that as they expand their fanbase and grow we'll see a version make it to production eventually. One can dream anyway. :D

Right now, I just want to know when the rest of the Rei's go on sale, I missed it today as in my excitement I didn't realize it was in the a.m. and missed the sale by a good 12 hours. :(

ouch, I thought that one was for sale :(

bought from: OmnilimbO, chronic
sold to: sirbeanward, soph-net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:23 pm 

Ax2 wrote:
Please don't be disappointed! There will be rewards for everyone who came to our store to support us. We will make sure that each person who bought directly from our warehouse will get a reward and we will have an announcment about that sooner or later this week! :rock:

Considering that 100 ppl picked up Rei for $200 and got a "free" pair of shoes, whatever the reward is, it needs to feel like there's an additional $45 "value" and worth the extra cost to the customers.

Personally, I'll be looking forward to this announcement, and keep my Paypal handy just in case, because I really do love this design and if I feel like I'm getting a good deal, I'll happily give you my money. Right now I don't feel like that the value is there anymore with the 20-something % price increase, but I hope you can change my mind with this "reward".

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 am 

Jekyll wrote:
Ax2 wrote:

Considering that 100 ppl picked up Rei for $200 and got a "free" pair of shoes, whatever the reward is, it needs to feel like there's an additional $45 "value" and worth the extra cost to the customers.

Personally, I'll be looking forward to this announcement, and keep my Paypal handy just in case, because I really do love this design and if I feel like I'm getting a good deal, I'll happily give you my money. Right now I don't feel like that the value is there anymore with the 20-something % price increase, but I hope you can change my mind with this "reward".

We will try our best.

Last edited by Ax2 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 am 

Damn trying for that chase will kill me...this is going to be like 3A fml. Im trying to jump the gun nd buy it but ahhhh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm 

EviL0ne wrote:
Damn trying for that chase will kill me...this is going to be like 3A fml. Im trying to jump the gun nd buy it but ahhhh

lol, I know right? I think 1 3A is more than enough for me. Never dug the game they played with their drops, but I'd be a liar if I said that the allure of the chase didn't pique my interest some. Not sure if I'd actually dig the figure in all black, but the extra detail weathering does sound good. I'm curious how many of the chase version they'll be sneaking into the final 150.

Jumping topics just a bit, I was wondering if a "compensation" for the added 20% price hike could include being added to a special mailing list that'll get first crack at a (with a limit of 1 per person to keep flippers at bay) version of the next figure - kind of like, "okay, the first 100 got the extras this time, but next time, someone else gets a shot to keep it all fair and good!" That'd be cool, but not sure how practical that would be.

I'll say it again though, I really dig the design, specifically the head sculpt and weapons and I really want to see this company "make it". I think the price hike created a little backlash with some people (me included) but I do commend them for attempting to add some kind of "reward" to the remaining stock to increase our perceived value in proportion to the increased cost. They're making an effort and I do appreciate that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 pm 

Wasabi's anime cousin really did turn out very cool.
I'm more interested to see what they do next since the source of inspiration is pretty obvious. Very cool figure though for sure.

"Sorry, there are only 46 “BOOM! SERIES NO.2- 1/6 Rei” left. All others are either sold or being held in other buyers’ carts. Buyers have 10 minutes to checkout, after which it may become available again."

Great sellers: mogwai23, doomsDAY, ebarrvirus, RUMADMAN, robotiki, dtrain, Gerbil, Rmetz27, jcr518, konfucious, skelve
Great buyers: Fliptrickz916, the_sentient, luckyscrm, tobor2099, kiwizor, MrFox, Oracle, Beeswax, MrJack, atomic, madmax405, DocB, Mattark7, cerealwarz
Great trades: quentdiggy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next