forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:23 am 

Hello,

Could anybody explain what peecols have been and gone, im interested in collecting peecols however i dont know much information about them. Im thinking of ordering both sets from the eboy shop. Aside from them what else is out there. I have noticed theres a Lacoste set, from what i gather one gets these through purchasing some certain shoes? Can you still get them with whatever shoes these are? I am a bit confused heh.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:45 am 

redstar wrote:
Hello,

Could anybody explain what peecols have been and gone, im interested in collecting peecols however i dont know much information about them. Im thinking of ordering both sets from the eboy shop. Aside from them what else is out there. I have noticed theres a Lacoste set, from what i gather one gets these through purchasing some certain shoes? Can you still get them with whatever shoes these are? I am a bit confused heh.

Cheers,

Peecols came from eBoy. It's their idea of pixel art for figures. Its the collaboration of KR and eBoy, that makes the peecol toy figures that you're interested to buy. Ordering from the eBoy shop is a good idea - should also grab the Eva as its rather exclusive. There are as follows:

Nuke
Marcos
Lacruzz02
Swizz
Series 1 - 6 of them - check eBoy's shop for more reference
Lacoste01
Lacoste02
Lacoste03
Series 2 - 6 of them - again check eboy's shop
Eva
Burglar - released today
Krauts - releasing on June 5th
Series 3 - another 6 of them - maybe releasing in July, if not later

You can get the lacoste shoes via KR online store. In fact i checked yesterday and there were still some left. not sure about the sizes, but check for yourself. and yes the lacoste shoes come with its correspondent lacoste peecol.

Great Transaction(s):
| SnorseWhisperer | Bo0oYaH | kom22 | ChefJt | Natural Light | Misterine | jonvespa | raajr187 | WandererLA | kngwiz | johnnymu | magic_wanna |

| flyinglobster - www.cardboardspaceship.net |

Not so Great Transaction(s):
| selekta_nips |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 am 

Peecols actually originated as a pixel font from eboy. The different "characters" of the font were small pictograms, each representing a third of a complete character, and when mixed and matched, these pieces could be used to create any number of interesting combinations. I believe the font was originally released through FontFont, a very well respected German typography house.

The Peecol poster from eboy, illustrates this concept very nicely. http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/wp-content/u ... _k10.2.png

The Peecols expand this modular building idea to 3d form, as the top and bottom halves can be mixed and matched in many different ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:17 am 

another-waver wrote:
Peecols actually originated as a pixel font from eboy. The different "characters" of the font were small pictograms, each representing a third of a complete character, and when mixed and matched, these pieces could be used to create any number of interesting combinations. I believe the font was originally released through FontFont, a very well respected German typography house.

The Peecol poster from eboy, illustrates this concept very nicely. http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/wp-content/u ... _k10.2.png

The Peecols expand this modular building idea to 3d form, as the top and bottom halves can be mixed and matched in many different ways.

thats what i meant. :)

Great Transaction(s):
| SnorseWhisperer | Bo0oYaH | kom22 | ChefJt | Natural Light | Misterine | jonvespa | raajr187 | WandererLA | kngwiz | johnnymu | magic_wanna |

| selekta_nips |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:22 am 

I have a knack for providing unnecessarily long-winded, overly complicated answers to simple questions. ;)

Post subject: Very helpfull
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:45 am 

Thanks one and all for the replys,

I decided to order a nice little chunk from the eboy site. I went ahead and purchased series one and two plus the Eva (ltd. edition) signed one. I couldnt find the Burglar on the eboy site, i quite like him.

Awesome-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:58 am 

Hey Redstar, if you're in London, hustle your butt over to Concrete Hermit Gallery and check out their show! It just opened last week!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:00 am 

I was looking at that earlier, Im hoping to go with xxdunnyxx, when he gets back from spain =] Should be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:20 am 

I really want that blanket at concret hermit, but 185 GBP is like 400 for a blanket?! thats way too much for me, but lucky for you UKers for once. that things are actually happeneing in europe :)

Great Transaction(s):

| selekta_nips |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:09 am 

Eboy does almost all of their exhibits in Europe. :(

When I saw LA exhibition on their site, I was all excited until I realized that the LA exhibition was in London!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:58 pm 

Could you possibly find a link to the blanket? So i can see what it looks like? Would they be seeling peecol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:10 pm 

http://hello.eboy.com/eboy/category/obj ... gs/peecol/

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 pm 

blanket is here

Great Transaction(s):

| selekta_nips |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:08 am 

redstar wrote:
Could you possibly find a link to the blanket? So i can see what it looks like? Would they be seeling peecol?

Man, if I was going to that exhibition the piece there that would be tempting me badly would be Burgerman's WorryKnot. That thing is awesome, I can't believe they weren't all gone a long time ago!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:56 pm 

lol

phaughey,smorkin_love,adigitalcure,MrMongoose, Icon84,kidstartexas,The Boy Wunder, Shauni55,nerbous,uhmski, the naked one
Sign Here If you love lucky cats
dream came true

too long
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148684

Post subject: Krauts
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 am 

I got hold of Krauts :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]