KAWS Price Guide: UPDATE 2.0

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

psychopainter

Post by psychopainter » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:17 am

unkle77 wrote:as for that flyer... i really have not cared for Kaws' spongebob pieces.

i dont like how he kept the eyeballs and just put a small X over the dot... instead of getting rid of the eyeball altogether and doing a big X in place of it.... if that makes sense.

It makes sense. He didn't change the source material (Spongebob) enough to really make it his own. I thought the same thing.

http://psychopainter.deviantart.com/
a.tom wrote:Everytime someone who collects toys says 'reasonable price' a kitten dies :(

nomore

Post by nomore » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:19 am

psychopainter wrote:
unkle77 wrote:as for that flyer... i really have not cared for Kaws' spongebob pieces.

i dont like how he kept the eyeballs and just put a small X over the dot... instead of getting rid of the eyeball altogether and doing a big X in place of it.... if that makes sense.

It makes sense. He didn't change the source material (Spongebob) enough to really make it his own. I thought the same thing.

His art skills are very limited

mz

Post by mz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:27 am

psychopainter wrote:

Though this may sound a bit jacked up, KAWS makes it "his own" by merely touching it. Not that I think SBSP is his best work...

nomore

Post by nomore » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:33 am

mz wrote:
psychopainter wrote:

Though this may sound a bit jacked up, KAWS makes it "his own" by merely touching it. Not that I think SBSP is his best work...

You can't say that, two X's and it's his style.

He needs a major new game plan.

mz

Post by mz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:38 am

nomore wrote:He needs a major new game plan.

Yeah, I hear he's going to incorporate some Rococo styling now :rolleyes:

nomore

Post by nomore » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:45 am

mz wrote:
nomore wrote:He needs a major new game plan.

Yeah, I hear he's going to incorporate some Rococo styling now :rolleyes:

Most probably better than cartoon characters

eckotyper

Post by eckotyper » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:45 am

nomore wrote:
mz wrote:
psychopainter wrote:

nonsense...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

nomore

Post by nomore » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:47 am

eckotyper wrote:
nomore wrote:
mz wrote:
psychopainter wrote:

nonsense...

if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Would you pay $20,000 for a SBSP painting? (with two X's)

HBCoffin

Post by HBCoffin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:56 am

psychopainter wrote:

He did the exact same thing with Gargamel from the Smurf paintings and his original take on Pipo-Kun.

Links:
H. B. Cstudios | Blog | Webstore

Great transactions with:
a.tom, AL_R, Bo0oYaH, ChefJt, csulli13, coasterbear, D-Lux, dreamattack27, drunkmunky02, Dunny_Photo, enjoipanda, exo111, flabby, flapjack, Gazpacho, GhostBuster, gonedaddyfinch, gundamrx288, iliksprite, jebcrow, jess1cuh, jose2187, Just-Dan, katastrophe, kgyure, kngdingaling, killmylovekill, LonerStoner, M500, Manga_Spawn, marshhouse, maxaltoman, Nadir, nikemsi, o_kedoki, onlYwaY, phaughey, pukingaso, quazmik, raffy, redblueyellow, Superfluouscrux, tommynathan, TradeMark310, wuvy, xxclandestinexx, zincsaucier442

mz

Post by mz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:00 am

nomore wrote:Would you pay $20,000 for a SBSP painting? (with two X's)

No, like I said it isn't my favorite.

I would for this.

unkle77

Post by unkle77 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 am

HBCoffin wrote:
psychopainter wrote:

He did the exact same thing with Gargamel from the Smurf paintings and his original take on Pipo-Kun.

the point i was trying to make was with the eyes.

the pipo has no white eyes, just the X's... that, to me, is a lot better looking than the gargamel that has white eyes, with an X over them.

this point was one of the huge reasons why i hated the hasheem. the zooth dogs have this style as well, but they are nice looking, as a whole.

i just hope that he has more than spongebob stuff at this miami showing.... they will sell, no matter what, but they are just dreadful looking =\

sgolby

Post by sgolby » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:10 am

Does Anyone know what the set of Kaws JPP (black and yellow) is worth these days? I see a bunch on the bay, but it seems as though no one is biting on them for the $350 price tag they are asking.

jouwe

Post by jouwe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:38 am

HBCoffin wrote:
psychopainter wrote:

holly crap so nice
my page
http://www.poptrack9.tumblr.com/

"Love makes the sunshine bright"

Arcady

Post by Arcady » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Bump
For a spotless future.....
Sales (Please BUMP) - viewtopic.php?f=57&t=233403
Wanted - viewtopic.php?t=129321

upso

Post by upso » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:51 am

im selling my entire kaws collection, and looking to see if anyone has any updated price lists?
LOOKING FOR:
art asylum boston so i can get my fu•king money back.

unkle77

Post by unkle77 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:02 am

upso wrote:im selling my entire kaws collection, and looking to see if anyone has any updated price lists?

ebay minus a few hundred dollars would be fair, lol

Hairbland

Post by Hairbland » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:45 pm

unkle77 wrote:the point i was trying to make was with the eyes.

i just hope that he has more than spongebob stuff at this miami showing.... they will sell, no matter what, but they are just dreadful looking =\

Good points, although the art market will determine.

maadbeats

Post by maadbeats » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:24 am

upso wrote:im selling my entire kaws collection, and looking to see if anyone has any updated price lists?

What all do you have??
I if own everything up to date minus the 4 footers I would say your looking anywhere from $25k-$30k
Add $5k-$7k for each 4 footer
Good Trader Testimony Stats Just look at page 1, says it all. Been here since the beginning.
Toys for sale:
viewtopic.php?p=1366589#1366589

MY STORE:
http://www.provocativeartwork.bigcartel.com
use promo code: KIDROBOTFORUMMEMBER for 5% off
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Provocative-Artwork/172620942796484
BLOG:
http://provocativeartwork.blogspot.com/

flatland333

Post by flatland333 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:45 am

update please!!!!
LOOKING FOR..

SEND PM, IF YOU HAVE THIS ONE

KAWS COMPANION BLACK

upso

Post by upso » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:39 am

hey guys, sorry i was out of town for work...
i'm selling this (all as one collection ideally)

Companion 99 Original (brownish color) signed on foot A+ condition
Bendy green. b+ condition (only because it was wrapped around other kaws toy)
Blitz green A condition
Companion 5 years later (brownish color) B condition. weird subtle factory marks
Pushead companion green A+
The Twins brown A+
BxH Kaws Kun Brown A+
BxH Kaws Kun Red A+ (got this one by accident from japan and couldnt return)
Dissected 5 years later companion (brownish color) A+
Hasheem A+
JPP Yellow A+
LOOKING FOR:
art asylum boston so i can get my fu•king money back.

Pause

Post by Pause » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:36 am

Bump it up! let's get the No Future Companions on there.

Wu Dynasty

Re: KAWS Price Guide: UPDATE 2.0

Post by Wu Dynasty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:00 pm

It would be great to have this updated again.

flatland333

Post by flatland333 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 pm

Wu Dynasty wrote:It would be great to have this updated again.

yeah that list really need a update
LOOKING FOR..

KAWS COMPANION BLACK

roguerebel

Post by roguerebel » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:17 pm

question...i've been doin some searching on here and on ebay...

is it safe to say $1000 is a fair price for the 5yl and dissected companions? minus the gid, they seem to run considerably lower.

flatland333

Post by flatland333 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:30 pm

roguerebel wrote:question...i've been doin some searching on here and on ebay...

is it safe to say $1000 is a fair price for the 5yl and dissected companions? minus the gid, they seem to run considerably lower.

$1000 its a fair price i paid $1200-$1400 for my companions
LOOKING FOR..

KAWS COMPANION BLACK