Official BE@RBRICK Thread

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

CanadianTurbo

Re: Official BE@RBRICK Thread

Post by CanadianTurbo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am

What I brought back with me from Japan, and that beauty in front is the 2002 Halloween release, a vinyl 400% that was kindly gifted to me from a friend in Japan, along with the Kubrick.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:46 pm

just saw this posted on instagram. Nice. Miss the kubrick line but bearbricks unified shape has found its way to my heart.

Curious how others collect. Do you try to go for all or pick out the ones you like. Also do you only collect a certain size or try to get all sizes of a design?
You got a problem with Reptar? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!-Adam DeMamp
successful transactions: Sale thread: My customs: my wants: My Collection:

jhsu

Post by jhsu » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:51 pm

I tend to go for patterns, like the Mika Ninagawa, Pushead, SSUR and Pollock bears

Once in a while I also pick up a non-pattern one from artists, movies or animes that I like such as the Attack on Titan BE@R
Sales thread

Collection

Great transactions with:
Jfactor, RxSEVEN, Sideglide, toknenong

Elik3

Post by Elik3 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:07 am

Hi, I have a Medicom kubrick pointman by Futura.
I am wondering if it is fake because one leg is a bit off (not completely straight) and when I point his gun up, I have to put something under the bad leg to prevent it from falling over.
The box has hologram sticker and I bought it from Ebay member based in China..
Furthermore it looks like the real thing..
thanks

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:30 pm

I am not sure if there are actually any fake Pointman Kubricks but anything is possible, could also just be some warping or heat related issues over time. Maybe some pictures could help us compare it with others.

With my purchases in Japan I have realized I know have over 100 400% Bearbricks (103 I believe is the accurate count now) I just hope I can get them all together on display at some point. This June will also mark my 10 year anniversary of collecting Bearbricks with my first purchase in Singapore in 2008.

smpt

Post by smpt » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:19 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:30 pm

With my purchases in Japan I have realized I know have over 100 400% Bearbricks (103 I believe is the accurate count now) I just hope I can get them all together on display at some point. This June will also mark my 10 year anniversary of collecting Bearbricks with my first purchase in Singapore in 2008.
I did wonder how many you had now (last time was 40, but I kept seeing your further purchases lol).

The hardest part is displaying them all together.
Space is a killer.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:00 am

i cant make heads or tails out of the 1/6 project site. Is there a way to buy and have items ship to the united states on that site?

Elik3

Post by Elik3 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Wow, you've got a Bearbrick army ! Would love to see some pics.. So you've got over a hundred and none have a malfunction? Hmm
Ok, so here's a picture from my Pointman's legs.. ( wondering if real or knock-off ) actually more then a "bit" off..
So nobody heard about fake Pointman Kubricks ? Gets my hopes up that it's just a mekanism malfunction..
Also the "backpack" is yellowing but I thought that was a common issue..
Thanks

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:09 pm

ianthegamer wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:00 am
i cant make heads or tails out of the 1/6 project site. Is there a way to buy and have items ship to the united states on that site?
CJ Mart English is the best method to buy direct from Medicom, but they do not offer everything and shipping and customs charges can be high as they declare full value. Really depends what you are after and what the other options are.

http://cjmart.jp/en/

My collection is spread over three continents so I am not sure when it will be put together and a lot of them have never been out of their boxes.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:37 pm

BAPE Camo Shark 1000s are releasing on March 10th in Japan, via advance lottery so get your wallets ready if you are after these.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:37 pm
BAPE Camo Shark 1000s are releasing on March 10th in Japan, via advance lottery so get your wallets ready if you are after these.
After these but have to find out how lol. Anyone here have a hookup or reseller?

Elik3

Post by Elik3 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am

Thats the Bape ( chogokin / shark ) gold and chrome version you are talking about, right?
Will there be a 400% released as well ? I figured only the 200% has been released up till know..

666doll

Post by 666doll » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:58 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am
What I brought back with me from Japan, and that beauty in front is the 2002 Halloween release, a vinyl 400% that was kindly gifted to me from a friend in Japan, along with the Kubrick.

Hoping someone picked up an extra Basquiat from that trip for a friend of his...

smpt

Post by smpt » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Elik3 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:48 am
Thats the Bape ( chogokin / shark ) gold and chrome version you are talking about, right?
Will there be a 400% released as well ? I figured only the 200% has been released up till know..
No the 1000% are the red, blue and green camo versions.

The new gold / silver 200% may only be released in that size.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

Elik3

Post by Elik3 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Ok thanks, some wrong information on Hypebeast saying there would be a 400 %.. we all make mistakes but would have been nice..
The Basquiat is nice as well, sweet to pair up with a print or a Basquiat x The Skateroom deck set (super-nice project funding skateparks, support!!).

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:33 pm

ianthegamer wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 am

After these but have to find out how lol. Anyone here have a hookup or reseller?
You can try Misutabai, they have been posting up about them.

bearbricknoob

Post by bearbricknoob » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 am

Hi, I'm new to bearbrick and would lik to buy my first one, it would be the michael basquiat 400% and 100%(also interested in thekeith haring and dsptch from same seller) but is out of stock in other sites like mintyfresh, so i was looking in ebay(this vendor has it in stock and cheaper prices) but i'm concerned i'd buy a fake because I don't have much idea.
Anyone can say something about rareak seller of ebay? I have searched google, only found a old post here from a few years back and it seems legit and all positive reviews I see he sells a ton of bearbrick so please help

Marwin3000

Post by Marwin3000 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 am

I recently received the Raphael TMNT 400% from my girlfriend. But I noticed that the arms are not symetrical. I have several other 400%, but none of them has the same problem. Has anyone experienced this before?

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm

bearbricknoob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 am
Hi, I'm new to bearbrick and would lik to buy my first one, it would be the michael basquiat 400% and 100%(also interested in thekeith haring and dsptch from same seller) but is out of stock in other sites like mintyfresh, so i was looking in ebay(this vendor has it in stock and cheaper prices) but i'm concerned i'd buy a fake because I don't have much idea.
Anyone can say something about rareak seller of ebay? I have searched google, only found a old post here from a few years back and it seems legit and all positive reviews I see he sells a ton of bearbrick so please help
Which country are you from?
Cheers from Germany

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 pm

Marwin3000 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:31 am
I recently received the Raphael TMNT 400% from my girlfriend. But I noticed that the arms are not symetrical. I have several other 400%, but none of them has the same problem. Has anyone experienced this before?
I noticed that the joints on new 1000% bears are Lose and wobbly too. It looks like medicom starts to cut costs at quality Management. Very annoying...
Cheers from Germany

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm

Yes I think we need to know where you are for the best buying options, but Rareak I don't think should be a problem. I still think fake Bears are relatively rare, usually identifiable and target the big money designs.

I am not sure what I am missing on that TMNT Bear, it does not look off to me in those pictures. Quality control can always be an issue and that is not exclusive to Medicom either.

Marwin3000

Post by Marwin3000 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:46 pm

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm
I am not sure what I am missing on that TMNT Bear, it does not look off to me in those pictures.
The arms are not aligned. Usually they align and clicks in place, and aligns.

bearbricknoob

Post by bearbricknoob » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm

m_fotografiert wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm
bearbricknoob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 am
Which country are you from?
I'm in Canary islands, Spain. I ordered the basquiat from rareak after doing a bit more of research.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Bape 1000% announced today for Bape US. The news states its in collab wth LA. im hoping only 1000% arent part of that and they sell them online. Anyone decipher that better than me? It sounds like they are only available in LA along with the exclusive LA 100%

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm

I am not sure if they will be online or in store only for the Bape, the 100% capsule seems to be focused on LA, but some stuff from the opening launch has landed in Bape HK. Bape is not very consistent from country to country; Japan gets online via Medicom, HK has no online, US seems mixed but who knows. Looking on IG it is not clear but someone has said LA only.

I have seen around $2,500 USD for a set on the re-seller market, which is not too bad considering retail is at $689 USD each, just need to add the shipping in of course.