Official BE@RBRICK Thread

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Chillertwist

Re: Official BE@RBRICK Thread

Post by Chillertwist » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 am

bearbricknoob wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:00 pm
m_fotografiert wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:21 pm
bearbricknoob wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:42 am
Hi, I'm new to bearbrick and would lik to buy my first one, it would be the michael basquiat 400% and 100%(also interested in thekeith haring and dsptch from same seller) but is out of stock in other sites like mintyfresh, so i was looking in ebay(this vendor has it in stock and cheaper prices) but i'm concerned i'd buy a fake because I don't have much idea.
Anyone can say something about rareak seller of ebay? I have searched google, only found a old post here from a few years back and it seems legit and all positive reviews I see he sells a ton of bearbrick so please help
Which country are you from?
I'm in Canary islands, Spain. I ordered the basquiat from rareak after doing a bit more of research.
you can also try
www.mintyfresh.eu :)

bearbricknoob

Post by bearbricknoob » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:20 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:09 pm
Yes I think we need to know where you are for the best buying options, but Rareak I don't think should be a problem. I still think fake Bears are relatively rare, usually identifiable and target the big money designs.

I am not sure what I am missing on that TMNT Bear, it does not look off to me in those pictures. Quality control can always be an issue and that is not exclusive to Medicom either.
Thanks for your help too, tried to edit message but since I have less than 10 it's a bit of a hassle :lol:
Chillertwist wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 am
you can also try
www.mintyfresh.eu :)
yes, i also ordered a few things from them, Basquiat was out of stock so I went with ebay

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm

You can also buy at atomplastic.com from Italy, but their shipping costs are high.

Ebay.co.uk, Ebay.fr and Ebay.nl are also good sources for Bears in Europe.
Cheers from Germany

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:32 pm

I do enjoy most things Bearbrick, but not sure about these new BearbrickTrains that have just released. You can put a 100% in them, I guess a newer version of the Choro Q.

The Konatsu Nyabrick is looking good though (Skytree exclusive)

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 pm

The Bape 1000% Camo Hoodie are releasing this Saturday here in Hong Kong. I picked up a ballot entry today, in the hopes of getting a phone call tomorrow which then you get to go in a random order for Saturday purchase. I think you are only allowed to buy 1 as well (no sets) so I will see what happens. Just thought I would take a shot at retail...

smpt

Post by smpt » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:57 pm
The Bape 1000% Camo Hoodie are releasing this Saturday here in Hong Kong. I picked up a ballot entry today, in the hopes of getting a phone call tomorrow which then you get to go in a random order for Saturday purchase. I think you are only allowed to buy 1 as well (no sets) so I will see what happens. Just thought I would take a shot at retail...
Good luck. I would like to get one, but the import charges would be killer part. Can’t really write $20 value on a big box lol
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

cjs

Post by cjs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 am

Hi,

Can someone help me explain to me what's the difference between the Darth Vader chrome version and the normal one are?

Which do you think is the nicest one?

Thanks!
My Be@rbrick collection:
http://toysdorado.com/collections/432

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 am

cjs wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 am
Hi,

Can someone help me explain to me what's the difference between the Darth Vader chrome version and the normal one are?

Thanks!
There is not a lot of difference between them, the Chrome version has a glossier finish but the design is nearly identical from what I can remember. The biggest difference is the normal one was released in conjunction with Stussy and is considerably rarer (I think only 500 in 400%) so the prices are also quite different so the normal should be costing a fair bit more.

TexasToyGuy

Post by TexasToyGuy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am

How is the Asian market for bearbricks? Flat, up or down? Cheers.

cjs

Post by cjs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:42 pm

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:43 am
cjs wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:41 am
Hi,

Thanks!
There is not a lot of difference between them, the Chrome version has a glossier finish but the design is nearly identical from what I can remember. The biggest difference is the normal one was released in conjunction with Stussy and is considerably rarer (I think only 500 in 400%) so the prices are also quite different so the normal should be costing a fair bit more.
Thank you for the clarification! And as I read this apply to the stormtrooper as well. I read that they produced 800 each. I will try to get a pair.

Is their any visual detail on the stussy released Dart Vader and Stormtrooper to look for?

//CJS
My Be@rbrick collection:

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:01 am

TexasToyGuy wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:04 am
How is the Asian market for bearbricks? Flat, up or down? Cheers.
I would say the Asian market is probably up. Bearbricks always seem to sell consistently and the most popular designs tend to sell out quite quickly at least in Hong Kong. I think with anything as the Chinese fans get more and more into it, things just get busier and values and hype go up, they are such a dominant market force. I also think that Bearbricks are being adopted into the hype culture more and more, you see them popping up with sneakerheadz and 'influencer' type people which is good and bad. Everyone wants to be a god with a 1000% Chanel :roll: :roll:

As for the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper, I am not sure on the differences, you need to see a side by side picture which I am not sure I have seen one. I only have the Chrome set somewhere in storage :rolleyes:

bearbricknoob

Post by bearbricknoob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:37 am

m_fotografiert wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:09 pm
You can also buy at atomplastic.com from Italy, but their shipping costs are high.

Ebay.co.uk, Ebay.fr and Ebay.nl are also good sources for Bears in Europe.
thanks to you too!

My Basquiat Bearbrick arrived, looks great.

cjs

Post by cjs » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Hi,

Can older bearbrick from around 2010 sound slightly different when you move arms and legs then new bearbricks?

//CJ
My Be@rbrick collection:

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 am

Yes. A newer bearbrick sound cheaper.
Cheers from Germany

Markus

Elik3

Post by Elik3 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:08 pm
isurus wrote:What about the Haroshi Karimoku? Any release details, please? Will it be a Japan exclusive?
Haroshi's IG said coming but not soon, so I think you are looking at 6-12 months on that one maybe even longer. One would assume it will be pretty limited, probably will be a Medicom Plus release but just guessing at this point.

I follow the Medicom website (updates monthly), the Medicom Blog and various people on IG for the latest news. As mentioned Naughty Guy tends to break news first, usually a couple days before the Medicom update and for reference his prices are usually the best in HK and the shop is mental.
So still no news about a Haroshi / Karimoku or did I miss it? Would be much appreciated if someone could give me a heads-up when released..

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:29 am

Elik3 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:36 am

So still no news about a Haroshi / Karimoku or did I miss it? Would be much appreciated if someone could give me a heads-up when released..
I have not seen anything about it since. He will be in HK for Art Basel next week but I doubt that will reveal anything, although I will get to see some pieces in person at least 8) 8)

kiosh

Post by kiosh » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:19 am

Im looking to begin a mini 1000 collection
Any website with bearbrick reviews or any recomendattion?

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:30 am

I think it depends on what kind of reviews and recommendations you are after. If you are looking to collect 1000% usually starting with new releases / pre-orders is the easiest and then just keep your eyes peeled for good deals on the old stuff, probably close to home as the shipping is a factor on those guys.

No new pickups from me at the moment, getting prepped for ToyCon UK, so I will get to see how the Be@rbrick scene is doing in London and maybe take a peak at my storage unit too ;)

kiosh

Post by kiosh » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:52 am

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:30 am
I think it depends on what kind of reviews and recommendations you are after. If you are looking to collect 1000% usually starting with new releases / pre-orders is the easiest and then just keep your eyes peeled for good deals on the old stuff, probably close to home as the shipping is a factor on those guys.

No new pickups from me at the moment, getting prepped for ToyCon UK, so I will get to see how the Be@rbrick scene is doing in London and maybe take a peak at my storage unit too ;)
Thx!

kiosh

Post by kiosh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:50 am

Maybe I will begin with the new artist 1000% line

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:36 pm

kiosh wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:19 am
Im looking to begin a mini 1000 collection
How many items are a mini collection in your eyes?

Mintyfresh has a Medicom Sale right now, where you can score some 1000s for a nice price:

https://www.mintyfresh.eu/spring-sale-6 ... toys-sale/
Cheers from Germany

Markus

kiosh

Post by kiosh » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:06 pm

Thanks friend, about 7-8 of them
I will buy in mintyfresh for sure
One of the best guys out there

Sideglide

Post by Sideglide » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Since you asked, I would focus on getting what you like rather than what's popular/trendy. I wouldn't collect as an investment (always a bad idea with "collectibles" ).

By far, get what you can afford, get what you can appreciate. I dropped my collection down to 5 from a larger size now that I want them to accent my home rather than a stacked collection.

I like it when they have all sizes of the same design, makes a fun display. Older 1000%s used different materials so they age differently. Something to consider if you want to have them in sun-lit areas.

hini

Post by hini » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:56 am

Sideglide wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:47 pm
Since you asked, I would focus on getting what you like rather than what's popular/trendy. I wouldn't collect as an investment (always a bad idea with "collectibles" ).

By far, get what you can afford, get what you can appreciate. I dropped my collection down to 5 from a larger size now that I want them to accent my home rather than a stacked collection.

I like it when they have all sizes of the same design, makes a fun display. Older 1000%s used different materials so they age differently. Something to consider if you want to have them in sun-lit areas.

I think medicom is producing more and more, just change a little design. I have stopped collecting for a while.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:56 pm

I currently have 8 1000%
all 6 bape released and the 2 godzilla 1000%
I also have them in 400% and 100% but might get rid of those and keep a sleek look with the 1000%
I will continue with bape if they release ( still contemplating the baby milo 1000%) and if they ever release a evangelion 1000%

Def only buy what you want. If you are just trying to build for the sake of building a collection you wont really enjoy what you have as its just a lot of fluff.
You got a problem with Reptar? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!-Adam DeMamp
successful transactions: Sale thread: My customs: my wants: My Collection: