Official BE@RBRICK Thread

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

CanadianTurbo

Re: Official BE@RBRICK Thread

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:59 pm

I think we need to know what Kaws bearbricks they are referring too. If I recall correctly it was only the earliest few 400% bears that were made of vinyl and you can tell as they tend to be softer and not be as balanced. The brown HTM design for instance is one.

Now for the Kaws I think they are all made in the harder plastics, but materials could have changed over time still, or thickness, internal joints, etc changing weights. Something like the Kaws dissected has a fair bit of graphics on the front which may also change the weight compared to other bears. I think it really needs to be defined what is being compared as I am sure over the entire history of Be@rbricks there will have been a few changes.

Chillertwist

Post by Chillertwist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 am

I’m in on Bearbrick. :badgrin: man, those Warhol and Basquiat are Just out of this world. Some around to sell a pollock 400? Debating on the Haring one.. hmmm :)

Sideglide

Post by Sideglide » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

CanadianTurbo wrote:I think we need to know what Kaws bearbricks they are referring too. If I recall correctly it was only the earliest few 400% bears that were made of vinyl and you can tell as they tend to be softer and not be as balanced. The brown HTM design for instance is one.

Now for the Kaws I think they are all made in the harder plastics, but materials could have changed over time still, or thickness, internal joints, etc changing weights. Something like the Kaws dissected has a fair bit of graphics on the front which may also change the weight compared to other bears. I think it really needs to be defined what is being compared as I am sure over the entire history of Be@rbricks there will have been a few changes.
Agreed. All Kaws were hard plastic but the process of construction has changed a bit. The bodies were thinner and could see the structural ribbing from the back. Now, that is mostly hidden. If there is concern for a fake it is simple: if it is vinyl, it better be made inthe first 2 years of 400% coming out and if it is vinyl and Kaws, stay away. No need to bust out a scale to measure grams, it is the easiest kind of fake to find.

Only the 1000% kaws OG and Chompers had vinyl and plastic used (vinyl head and hands). PS - both were hand painted so finding small flaws on these are a GOOD thing. If you are trying to buy a 1000% and it looks like it was done by factory templates or electronic application, stay away.

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 am

Since this board seems to struggle, I would like to ask if anybody of the active Bearbrick Enthusiasts is interested in a Whatsapp Group (Line does not seem to work so well outside of Asia)?
Cheers from Germany

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Things are pretty slow around here these days. I would be good with a Whatsapp group as I use it a lot anyway.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 am

Some new Bape Tiger Shark Hoodie Camo Be@rs in gold and silver should be announced shortly, just not sure if they are 200% or 400% from the picture I saw.

smpt

Post by smpt » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm

CanadianTurbo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 am
Some new Bape Tiger Shark Hoodie Camo Be@rs in gold and silver should be announced shortly, just not sure if they are 200% or 400% from the picture I saw.
Looking at the arms, they look 100%
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:20 pm

smpt wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm
CanadianTurbo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:23 am
Looking at the arms, they look 100%
Chogokin 200% Bape in Gold and Silver coming in February some time.

Probably the best item in the updates, the DSPTCH set looks interesting too.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:02 pm

I saw the product leak sheet but where did you get these images of the bape? Im assuming it will be sold only on the bape site?
You got a problem with Reptar? YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME!!!!-Adam DeMamp
successful transactions: Sale thread: My customs: my wants: My Collection:

oldguard

Post by oldguard » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 am

Count me in for the WhatsApp group too
Sold to: deadpute, tsoil727, Buellster, paulwilde, Zombiekel, KINGDOM 1, dobo, cgkfip
Bought from: Jackcuzzy, nicopanda, sophiap, BFLV, roguerebel
Traded with: flabby
My wishlist - http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=256284

smpt

Post by smpt » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:38 am

Wow

Never knew the 200% had similar arm joints to the 100 % (I suppose they’re still small). How strong are the arm joints? Scared I’d break one and they’re not cheap.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

Sideglide

Post by Sideglide » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 am

200% arm joints ratchet. they pretty stout. Same for legs.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:09 am

200% joints are pretty strong and click at each point to hold the extra weight as the figures are hefty in the Chogokin.

Medicom updates their website on the 24th of every month at midnight Japanese time, so most everything leaked will be official by then, so I just grab the pics direct.

There are no specifics on the Bape yet just February listed but it will be standard Bape stores and probably a little online for Japan only I would think as with most Bape releases.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:53 pm

The silver and gold Bape 200% Chogokin are releasing in Japan via lottery on February 10th via Medicom. I am not sure if there is a direct Bape release yet, but should be around the same time in Asia at least.

smpt

Post by smpt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Has anyone seen the DSPTCH bearbrick in person. I like the concrete concept idea, but wondering if it looks realistic in person.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

m_fotografiert

Post by m_fotografiert » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 am

It doesn't look much like concrete from the official picture. More like Pollock meets Winter Camo.

But it really looks good!
Cheers from Germany

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

smpt

Post by smpt » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:32 pm

m_fotografiert wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:42 am
It doesn't look much like concrete from the official picture. More like Pollock meets Winter Camo.

But it really looks good!
Yeah that as my concern. I’ve seen quite a few images of different types. I’m enjoying the bearbrick variants. Picked one up.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 pm

I believe the Chrome and Gold Bape 200%s will be releasing this weekend at Asian Bape Stores, so looks like a line up at Bape HK is in my future.

Early reseller pricing puts a set just under $400 US.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:50 pm

I took this picture at DSPTCH in Harajuku on Monday. Shows the variety of the pattern for those interested. I did pick one up but I have not opened it to see what it looks like. The Japanese retail was pretty high but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. I have some other pick ups to share on my trip to Japan but I have to do some more pictures too.

CasualCollector

Post by CasualCollector » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 pm

That's a great picture! Wonder if all the orange placement is random in each...

smpt

Post by smpt » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:06 am

I picked up a DSPTCH set from HBX site. They actually had it listed at the wrong price, so it was a nice score.

It's a great be@rbrick.
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:38 pm

CasualCollector wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:11 pm
That's a great picture! Wonder if all the orange placement is random in each...
It is done via hydro transfer so no two Bearbricks will be the same. I have seen some with a lot of the red/orange and some with none at all.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 pm

I think it looks amazing but not a fan of the red specks. Is there a reason for that?

Also have you all seen this? Looks like a future 1000% release for the recent BAPE ABC camos

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:34 am

I think the red is just in the pattern they used, perhaps a concrete wall or floor. As I said I have seen some with lots of red and some with hardly any so kind of luck of the draw.

Not sure on those Bape 1000%s, I am sure they will come but I have also heard them described as 1 offs for Bape LA, time will tell. However you will not have to wait too long for some Bape releases as the Camo Sharks are coming in 1000s in March which I am sure will cause some panic.

Also more Pollock, more Ninja Turtles, more Atmos and a Konatsu Nyabrick in the latest release information.

ianthegamer

Post by ianthegamer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

yes I just heard about the bape 1000% I need to get in contact with over seas sellers to try and secure them at good prices and not these already inflated prices seen on ebay