forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:32 pm 

Hi all,

I had a question, was wondering if anyone could comment. I have been holding on to my 1000% boxes for some time. I have a storage in FL which costs me $ every month and pretty much just has empty boxes. I just shipped my 1000% Mastermind here to CA and I'm looking at the box, wondering if anyone buy's these or they have any value? I'm not sure if it's worth shipping back to FL but didn't want to waste time putting it on eBay or trying to sell it if it has zero value. Just curious if anyone has had any experience with selling boxes? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 am 

Catching up on things in here, first that 100% board has some good pieces in there so I think it could cost a little bit, the Kaws pieces alone could fetch several hundred perhaps.

As for the 1000% boxes, personally I would keep them. I know they take up space but I would not be buying a 1000% second hand without the boxes or I would want a great deal on it, that is just me though. Not sure if there is any money in just selling the boxes, maybe people for custom projects or bootlegging.

My local Bape store did a lottery draw for the new release on Saturday, did not appear to be a lot so I was not able to get any. Plenty of the clothing items but the toys were scarce.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:13 am 

Resale Value for 1000%s is only guaranteed with the original box. Buying one without the box is always fishy. Keep them.

I know the problem, have my Basement full with all the toyboxes. It is a Tetris Nightmare down there ^^.

Markus

https://toysdorado.com/collections/433

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:35 am 

If you pla to sell a 1000% , you will want the box even to make shipping easier. But you can use the boxes to store smaller items In the meantime, so there's that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:09 pm 

are you talking the shipping box or the 1000% box with the foam that holds the bear?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I kind of feel the same but I don't think I'll be selling this one. It's the box, the foam and the outer.
I ended up folding the box, it fit in the utility closet next to the washer /dryer, had to toss the outer and the foam. I guess it's better than nothing. I've had this for a decade and shipped it so many times I think I'm way to invested and would never sell it lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:43 pm 

The Bape bearbricks seem to be very scarce. Usually eBay is flooded with new releases.

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:26 pm 

I think most of them got picked up by instagram sellers. No idea how to search sellers on instagram but have seen a few images where people have like a room wall stock of them

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:00 pm 

My horizons karimoku 1000 will be here on Thursday...so stoked!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 am 

I would be very excited to have that arriving at my place!!

I have only seen a few of the new Bape sets about, they are far less common than the last Shark versions and pricing I see is $550-650 USD for the set of 3 colours.

Series 35 is out now, some interesting secrets in there, might try and pickup a tray this week, I did get the Ne-Net 400% just before Christmas too.

Happy New Years everyone!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:41 am 

Please guys:
Price check for this 400 % and his little brother (100 %)
Dr. Romanelli bb Halloween edition. 2008
Thanks very much for helping.

Happy 2018

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:41 pm 

Hey Guys,

I just discovered an oddity in my collection. I purchased a 400% Skytree Lucky Cat this winter from Medicoms Skytree Shop.

Now i just figured out, that the Bearbrick is significantly smaller than a "normal" 400%. The Cat is 26,3cm high, normal size is 27,8cm. Looks like only the legs are shorter.

Has anybody any information about this?

Markus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:04 pm 

There are two different lengths of legs, it started in the 100% series with the Cute category of Be@rs as some were given shorter legs than the standard Be@rbricks. This then was added to the 400% range with usually just 'cute' style designs getting the shorter set of legs. I think it is forgotten about unless you have two side by side as you posted.

Not sure on the value of the Dr. X Halloween, there is a sealed 400% on eBay asking for $250 USD.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:51 am 

CanadianTurbo wrote:
There are two different lengths of legs, it started in the 100% series with the Cute category of Be@rs as some were given shorter legs than the standard Be@rbricks. This then was added to the 400% range with usually just 'cute' style designs getting the shorter set of legs. I think it is forgotten about unless you have two side by side as you posted.

Not sure on the value of the Dr. X Halloween, there is a sealed 400% on eBay asking for $250 USD.

Tx Canadian T. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 pm 

Yeah, thx mate!

Markus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm 

Hi!

Does anyone know if there's a store in Reykjavík, Iceland that sells Bearbricks? I friend of mine visited Reykjavík a while ago and told me she'd been in a store with bearbricks, but she couldn't remember det name of the store. Any help appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:08 am 

It has been a few years since I have been to Reykjavik but I did not see any Be@rbricks when I was there. I would imagine it would not be a toy store but either a book store or perhaps a trendy clothing store that would have had them on offer. I know Size?, the UK shoe store chain, has started carrying some Bears now too.

I did pick up some Series 35 this week but have only opened a few so far, would love the Play Studio chase figure.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm 

It usually takes months before the newest Series is available in the EU, don´t know why.

The Sneakerstores offering Bearbricks are exploding here right now. Solebox always carried high value Bears like K.Olin but there are a lot of online sneaker Retailer who are offering 400 and 1000% in stock. But the prices are beyond sanity. 1000% Camo Warhol for nearly 900€. Thats over twice the retail price in Japan...

I am on Bearbrick cold turkey right now, after going on a shopping spree in Japan last December.

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:49 am 

Well it is good to see the Be@rs getting a bit more attention, getting to be like Asia, 10-15 years ago ;)

Living in HK it is very tough not to buy too many Be@rbricks but there is also a lot of other toys too, but I will be in Japan next month so even cheaper ;)

Not to self promote too much but my webshop has blindbox Bears at a pretty reasonable price and series 35 will be up soon. For the EU people shipping from London too so no extra taxes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:14 pm 

Has anyone any information about this 100%?

Name, Series, Releasedate?

Thanks guys.

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:27 pm 

^^^ Series 5 Artist, Futura release from 2002. There is a similar white version as a secret/chase in the same series.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17 am 

I believe there is another Futura, possibly red with white text as well from a convention? That makes 3 types total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:14 am 

Sideglide wrote:
I believe there is another Futura, possibly red with white text as well from a convention? That makes 3 types total

Yes a World Character Convention #16 release I can find, I imagine it would be from around the same time. I don't think they do them anymore, the last I can find was #23 in 2006.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:30 pm 

You both are huge nerds... :D

Markus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm 

I know its been mentioned before but when was the manufacturing method changed on bearbricks?
Did they used to use heavier plastics before switching to what they use now? I'm on a facebook page and someone has stated the kaws bearbricks seem heavier than other bearbricks.

My only thought is maybe kaws were during the early run of bearbricks when the material was different? They dont make them different based on artist do they? Might learn something like when yall gave insight on the shorter legs for cute themed bricks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 155, 156, 157, 158, 159  Next