How do I clean these marks off without damaging anything?

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

hopeyeu

How do I clean these marks off without damaging anything?

Post by hopeyeu » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:57 am

Ok I have a problem. I just bought a figure off ebay and unfortunately they sucked with packaging and due to the tossing and turning in the mail, it has marks from its armor on the toy itself.

SO here is the help I need. How do I clean these marks off without damaging anything?
Water? Magic Eraser? Soap? etc...

Anything would help. I have attached pics of how it looks most can be covered up but not below the belt.

Hello, my name is Hope, nice to meet you

fakeXsound

Re: How do I clean these marks off without damaging anything?

Post by fakeXsound » Tue May 01, 2018 3:22 pm

There's no picture attached, but I'd start with warm water and then move to soapy water. Maybe use a Q-tip. Do not use a Magic Eraser, since those are abrasive - they'll either scuff the figure more or remove more paint than you want. Depending on the damage, I'd consider asking for a refund since this was the seller's fault.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

Sideglide

Re: How do I clean these marks off without damaging anything?

Post by Sideglide » Thu May 03, 2018 6:25 am

Always go with the softest cleaning products to more stronger if needed. Magic erasers can do the trick but if there is a finish on the toy, it may take it off and make the cleaned area noticeable in certain light. Water, then dish soap, then try a cleaning product that is diluted with water. If the toy is made from an oil-based material, like vinyl, take it slow. Vinyl is hard to clean as marks can seep into it and become deeper than the surface.

Good luck!