Vinyl/pvc used for kidrobot figures

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

QuotesMcGoats

Vinyl/pvc used for kidrobot figures

Post by QuotesMcGoats » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:43 pm

I am wondering what specific vinyl pvc product kid robot uses to make their toys. I am working on a rotocast project making my own toy and I would like to use similar material. The contact I have has told me there are thousands of kinds and I need to be more specific
Thanks

fakeXsound

Re: Vinyl/pvc used for kidrobot figures

Post by fakeXsound » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm not sure how helpful this is going to be, but...

1. Are you using a home-made rotocasting rig with 2x4s and strings and whatnot? If so, you're not going to want to use the same type of vinyl. For that set-up you need something that's going to set a lot faster. The downside is that the figures often come out as very fragile. Just holding the toy too tightly can punch a hole in it.

2. If you're using standard machines and whatnot by doing a production run and manufacturing in China, they're going to have the lowdown on what particular materials to use.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor