Vinyl Artist's signature

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

diana.light

Vinyl Artist's signature

Post by diana.light » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi! I am going to see Tara McP. and have a couple figures i want her to sign for me. One has plastic shrinkwrap around the box, so i am wondering if it's better to remove the shrinkwrap and take the figure out and have her sign it or have her sign the shrinkwrap...? Also, Is signing the figure better than signing the box, or vice versa? I bought these primarily for investment potential, so what's the best way for me to keep or increase their value?
Thank you!!

fakeXsound

Re: Vinyl Artist's signature

Post by fakeXsound » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:53 pm

It's tacky to ask the artist to sign a shrink wrapped item, since it kind of connotes that you're trying to increase the value of the item before selling the product (as opposed to wanting them to sign it because you really like the figure). I've seen and purchased both - signed box and signed figure - though a signed figure is much more common and is what I would recommend.

Also, I don't recommend leaving a figure unopened. The plastic gives off vapors from the production process. These can condense and form a sticky layer on the toy.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

Swornpuppy

Post by Swornpuppy » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Whenever I get an artist signature I usually ask for them to sign the bottom of the figure. Like the feet on a custom kaws piece and stuff like that.

diana.light

Post by diana.light » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Thank you very much for your replies! Really appreciate your thoughts...she signed the boxes and the toys and they look great :D