Some questions about protecting my vinyls

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Yardarm51

Re: Some questions about protecting my vinyls

Post by Yardarm51 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:06 pm

I wouldn't apply anything to the toys themselves. However you may be able to find a clear UV cutting coating you can put on case. I know that places like Mandarake in Tokyo have UV coatings on their shop windows to protect their displays. Amazon or EBay may have something like that for you.

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

toymes

Post by toymes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:27 pm

This is also what I want to ask. Waiting for useful suggestions.
Super Heroes Series Minifigures Lovers. Love to make friends.
toytantoy.ecrater.com

cavemanmac

Post by cavemanmac » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Window film, a clear one with UV protection would be best. You can have it installed by professionals (LLumar is a brand I know) or get a DIY option like the GILA brand has.
Good transactions with spoileralert, pharaohjag, tron, Bundleofjon, fett42, GREG_DEEZEY, iliksprite, RichYorick, si41872002, blacksunshine, steph., robbieXeff, Slideglide, DeanoMeano

waiyc

Post by waiyc » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:01 am

Just curious will people apply anything on the toy itself? If yes what will it be ? Does that affect the price when reselling the toy

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:00 am

Two things.

1. I've never heard of anything applied directly to the toy. Seems to me any kind of spray or coating would cause effects that the collectors wouldn't want.

2. What happened to the first post in this thread? I'm now the first poster but I was replying to someone else asking the initial question. I wasn't aware that posts could be deleted like that.
Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.