forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 166
Location: Beacon, NY
They came out back in 2007 and 2009, but they were based on Ginzburg's sculptural installation from 2005 (not 2006 as sources frequently state). Regardless, I decided to delve into the history of these ghostly designs and wrote an article for those interested in learning more:
https://coartmag.com/news/feature/anton-ginzburg-totem-doppelganger/
Hope you enjoy it!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 479
Location: mass
Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.

_________________
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 166
Location: Beacon, NY
fakeXsound wrote:
Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.


That's a good collection on its own, though. Out of curiosity, rumpuming you have seven or more, have you ever been able to stack above six of them? That's the most I've ever gotten to balance before toppling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:29 pm
Posts: 34
Location: CA, USA
Picked up a set of 3 white ones from Collect & Display several months back not knowing what they were. Thanks for the background. It looks like they still have some.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:16 pm
Posts: 479
Location: mass
trustpigs wrote:
fakeXsound wrote:
Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.


That's a good collection on its own, though. Out of curiosity, rumpuming you have seven or more, have you ever been able to stack above six of them? That's the most I've ever gotten to balance before toppling.


Yeah, five seemed to be the limit for me, so just to be safe, I have a stacks of four, three, and two.

_________________
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am
Posts: 166
Location: Beacon, NY
unclemicro wrote:
Picked up a set of 3 white ones from Collect & Display several months back not knowing what they were. Thanks for the background.


Fortuitous timing on my part (or yours) then! And I'm shocked that any retailer still has them after all this time… That's fantastic!

fakeXsound wrote:
Yeah, five seemed to be the limit for me, so just to be safe, I have a stacks of four, three, and two.


At least it's not my stacking ability then. Or, perhaps, I'm just not alone in my stacking inability. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group