Remember Anton Ginzburg's Totem Doppelgangers from Kidrobot?

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

trustpigs

Remember Anton Ginzburg's Totem Doppelgangers from Kidrobot?

Post by trustpigs » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:50 am

They came out back in 2007 and 2009, but they were based on Ginzburg's sculptural installation from 2005 (not 2006 as sources frequently state). Regardless, I decided to delve into the history of these ghostly designs and wrote an article for those interested in learning more:
https://coartmag.com/news/feature/anton ... pelganger/
Hope you enjoy it!

fakeXsound

Re: Remember Anton Ginzburg's Totem Doppelgangers from Kidro

Post by fakeXsound » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:47 am

fakeXsound wrote:Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.
That's a good collection on its own, though. Out of curiosity, assuming you have seven or more, have you ever been able to stack above six of them? That's the most I've ever gotten to balance before toppling.

unclemicro

Post by unclemicro » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 am

Picked up a set of 3 white ones from Collect & Display several months back not knowing what they were. Thanks for the background. It looks like they still have some.

fakeXsound

Post by fakeXsound » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm

trustpigs wrote:
fakeXsound wrote:Awesome. I have about half of the Minis and have always wanted to pick up the GID big boys.
That's a good collection on its own, though. Out of curiosity, assuming you have seven or more, have you ever been able to stack above six of them? That's the most I've ever gotten to balance before toppling.
Yeah, five seemed to be the limit for me, so just to be safe, I have a stacks of four, three, and two.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

trustpigs

Post by trustpigs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:54 pm

unclemicro wrote:Picked up a set of 3 white ones from Collect & Display several months back not knowing what they were. Thanks for the background.
Fortuitous timing on my part (or yours) then! And I'm shocked that any retailer still has them after all this time… That's fantastic!
fakeXsound wrote:Yeah, five seemed to be the limit for me, so just to be safe, I have a stacks of four, three, and two.
At least it's not my stacking ability then. Or, perhaps, I'm just not alone in my stacking inability. ;)