forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 pm 

I just came across a collection for sale a snatched it up. Among the collection were full sets of series 1-5 (all chases and variants included), the Red SDCC BBQ set, the blue bbq set, and some super exclusive non-releases (employee/vendor exclusives) and a ton more. I don’t know if people are into them like that any more and just wondered if they’d be worth selling. If so, where? Is there an Android collection board or FB group I should be looking into? I need reliable pricing for a few of the super rare pieces too. I’m literally staring at 120+ pieces of stuff I know nothing about. Any help is super appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 pm 

I love the Androids. For a while I was obsessed. I was really looking forward to Series 1 but they never came to stores around me so I missed out. That's how I rationalized buying full cases of S2-4. Until this year, I also bought nearly every special edition. I think the only ones I skipped were the Lucky Cat ones because I thought they were lame.

I need to get back into these and pick out some open blindboxes of the ones I like from newer series. I also keep an eye out for anything from Series 1 that I don't have. (I have Albino, Copperbot, and Darknet.) And I've never found any of the employee / event exclusives in the wild.

To answer your question, there is no Android-focused forum. I don't know about FB user groups or anything like that though. If you want to shoot me a list and some prices, I might be interested in a few pieces.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:34 am 

I haven’t been able to find steady prices on series 1. They jump all over the place. I am not exaggerating, this dude must have searched the entire earth for these things because there’s literally every single piece from series 1-5. I took down a written inventory and priced what I could. I have pics but not of series 1 or the less rare. It might be faster for you to tell me what you need and I’ll send back pics. There’s over 120 Android figs in boxes and my brain is fried right now from going through all of them and looking them up. Lol I can still give you a list if you’d prefer that but I’ll have to do it in the morning, if that’s cool. Thanks for the info btw.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:44 am 

fakeXsound wrote:
I love the Androids. For a while I was obsessed. I was really looking forward to Series 1 but they never came to stores around me so I missed out. That's how I rationalized buying full cases of S2-4. Until this year, I also bought nearly every special edition. I think the only ones I skipped were the Lucky Cat ones because I thought they were lame.

I need to get back into these and pick out some open blindboxes of the ones I like from newer series. I also keep an eye out for anything from Series 1 that I don't have. (I have Albino, Copperbot, and Darknet.) And I've never found any of the employee / event exclusives in the wild.

To answer your question, there is no Android-focused forum. I don't know about FB user groups or anything like that though. If you want to shoot me a list and some prices, I might be interested in a few pieces.

Here’s a link to my IG. I have a few pics of the chases and exclusives there. https://instagram.com/p/BZ7wvb7hPHe/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:58 am 

No rush.

I'm mainly looking for Hi-Voltage, Reactor, APK 2008, and Copper Wash.

Are you into collecting these, or did you pick them up to sell? If you're just selling, might want to have a mod move this to the market sub-forum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:41 am 

fakeXsound wrote:
No rush.

I'm mainly looking for Hi-Voltage, Reactor, APK 2008, and Copper Wash.

Are you into collecting these, or did you pick them up to sell? If you're just selling, might want to have a mod move this to the market sub-forum.

I wasn’t really planning on selling anything here (on this thread or this board) I was looking more for info. I bought the guy’s collection because he had pieces I wanted and the androids were an added bonus. Do you think selling them on the sale sub is worth it? I didn’t think there’d be many Android collectors here but if you think others would want what I have I’ll gladly create a sale thread. I just wanted to feel around before I did that. These message boards are old tech and it takes a ton of time to grab image codes and urls and then list everything. With 120+ Android figures, I really didn’t want to take the time unless there were people interested. Know what I mean?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:33 am 

Yeah, I dunno. They're definitely not quite as popular as other platforms. But the artists who work on them - KaNO, Gary Ham, Kronk, etc. are all faves around here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:33 pm 

Cool. I’ll give it a shot then. Thanks for the info. Keep an eye out for that listing and I’ll cut you a deal on anything you are interested in for helping me out!