forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:05 pm 

Hello everyone. I was given a beautiful set of KIDROBOT Gorillaz figures. They are still in the original box and are as mint as mint can be. It is 4 figures and known as the RED set. Someone told me they were made in 2005 by KIDROBOT and about 2500 sets were made. Does anyone know what the value of these are. I want to insure them and I have been given so many different opinions I am not sure.
Any help would be appreciated. TY Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 am 

I saw some on ebay sold for 500, but there's one with a bid right now for 1200. If you're gonna actually insure it and aren't asking because you want to sell it, cite the $1200 auction when justifying the price.

If you're looking to sell be cool and do it for $420. You still make some and everyone gets a deal.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 pm 

Thanks for the advice. I have memorabilia and I need to keep a value of what I have to insure "everything" if I under insure then insurance companies can be difficult. Had a problem in the past with Farmers. Took a lawyer to get it straighten out. Like anything collectible if someone offered xyz than I would sell it ... Just being honest. I have seen the $1000 and up Ebay items but you really can't judge off many of those asking prices ... I talked with two high end toy-collectible dealers and they didn't want to buy them for any price ... odd. TY again for your imput.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:51 pm 

No problem. I have a very big video game collection I should really get on insuring, but I don't know how to go about it so I understand your need haha.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:58 pm 

$450-550 seems to be the going rate on a set at the moment, the price may fluctuate with the recent hype of their new album though so its a good time to sell, that that's what you're planning.

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com