forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:55 am 

:lol: Shoulda known that with them being clear figs that they would pretty much all end up at Domina's place. :lol:

As long as you keep posting pics when you get stuff Domina I won't mind getting scooped!

Mmmm.... Bishop... You make one in the black and orange and I may have to break open the bank again. :D Assuming I can get it past the wife. :roll:

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:50 pm 

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. But i hit some minor hurtles lately with some personal stuff.
And since im super new at this mold making stuff things are going slower than usual.

But i did just start my 3 inch series. Im probably going to make as many as i can before releasing them. first up is the clear glow in the dark. i also have a florescent violet that needs some sanding and clear coat.

Just give me some time. Im still learning but i wanna do this for everyone.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 pm 

Looks great! A must-have in my book!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:08 am 

Looking solid. Do you have a black light? If not you might think of picking one up (the bulbs aren't all that pricey) if you are going to sell GiD figures. The glow pics will be all that more enticing for prospective customers.

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:09 am 

looks great! now this is one I'd love to see GID mixed with glossy black parts too.

But do your thing and hope the personal stuff sorts itself out for the better

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:22 am 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Looking solid. Do you have a black light? If not you might think of picking one up (the bulbs aren't all that pricey) if you are going to sell GiD figures. The glow pics will be all that more enticing for prospective customers.

No black light but I'll do a long exposure with my caneta. That'll make the glow pop spot more when I'm ready to take better pictures.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:43 am 

Yup that'll help but a black light makes an unbelievable difference if you can get your hands on one. Regardless, that fig is looking good man!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:23 pm 

woohoo!!
just received my rook!&its awesome!!
thank u so much!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:12 pm 

sadlittlepanda wrote:
woohoo!!
just received my rook!&its awesome!!
thank u so much!

Thank YOU so much! I'm so happy you like it. And don't think I forgot about everybody. More affordable mini glow rooks should be available this winter. I have a meeting next week to collaborate with another wonderful resin artist.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:35 pm 

Mikey Puff wrote:
mini glow

:partyman:

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:56 am 

Sweet! Any word on progress with the bigger guys?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:19 am 

Yardarm51 wrote:
Sweet! Any word on progress with the bigger guys?

I will be making them also just at a slower pace. A lot has happened this year that slowed me down but I working my way back up.

Last edited by Mikey Puff on Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:31 am 

No worries. Gotta take care of real life first and foremost!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:00 am 

A little update for everyone. Im sorry for making everyone wait so long but sometimes things aren't easy.

But some good news, Argonaut Resins is going to help me out. If you don't know who he is then you should check out his resin work. Im a big fan.

So hopefully they little guys should be out fairly soon. Starting off with some glow in the dark 3 inch rooks with opposing colors. I wanted these to be affordable compared to the bigger counterpart, I know times are rough and not everyone can afford to buy stuff with the holidays and all.

Then I gave Argonaut Resins the "OK" to do an exclusive set if he wants in his own style.

Ive also been drawing a few prints to go along with the set hopefully you guys like them...

This one is just a test for the board and will change to look more Print like i guess.

And yes i copied Kaws but i always wanted to do this so i dont care. I like it.

And of course stickers of these and stuff, but i was thinking about enamel pins. I set up a patreon for them but well see how that goes. I have no other idea.

But i hope you guys like the prints and im sorry to keep you waiting, I love doing art and i just want you guys to have some of it. And i cant thank everyone enough for their support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:12 am 

My colors!! :heart:

amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:57 am 

Man, I knew MusicMan was gonna flip when I saw the stuff on Instagram. -grin-

I've been a huge fan of the Tuttz line by Argonauts Resins for a long time so to hear you are hooking up with them is awesome! One day I will get a Tuttz to go with my Rook.

Dunno if you can say but what colours of glow are you thinking of? Aside from MusicMan's green that is. That goes without saying. :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:54 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:

I've been a huge fan of the Tuttz line by Argonauts Resins for a long time so to hear you are hooking up with them is awesome! One day I will get a Tuttz to go with my Rook.

Dunno if you can say but what colours of glow are you thinking of? Aside from MusicMan's green that is. That goes without saying. :D

I'm going to start with green of course. But I want to do blue and I really want to do a glowing pearl pink. And then I'll do random colors after.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 pm 

Mikey Puff wrote:
Yardarm51 wrote:

I'm going to start with green of course. But I want to do blue and I really want to do a glowing pearl pink. And then I'll do random colors after.

Have you perfected the glowing colors yet?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:34 pm 

Quote:

Making it glow I think is the easiest part of the process. It's everything else that's tough. And getting the green color I want might be a little tricky also but I'm not worried.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:35 pm 

Mikey Puff wrote:
Quote:

Making it glow I think is the easiest part of the process. It's everything else that's tough. And getting the green color I want might be a little tricky also but I'm not worried.

I have faith in you, Mike!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 pm 

Little update literally.

Little Rooks are on the way finally and they glow!!
They will stand 3 inches tall they still need a little work and some paint. Ill probably sell some blanks also for you customizers.
So far the majority is green glow maybe 2 blues. A bright Pink and maybe some more surprises.. I still have a few more to make but they are on their way!

i want to thank everyone for their patients and support. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:48 pm 

Been watching the process on IG. Looking good! Glad to hear there will be some blanks available for folk. Mind you, with such low numbers I wonder how many will actually be customized.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:36 pm 

So first batch is done. Painting these little guys were harder then i expected, so im leaving them as blanks to do what you please with them. I will be release more so dont think this is that last of them.. Larger ones will be coming after these as well..

They glow super bright except for the purple. it needs to be charged ALOT but you can faintly see the glow.
There are slight imperfections but i tried my best. And i might be making custom colors in the coming future.

I am looking at a release maybe next week . im just preparing the packaging and stuff. I think i will be selling them for $25 a piece with free shipping.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:48 pm 

Congrats on the next release of the rooks! Just to clarify, is that 3 or 4 different colorways being released? Be sure to let me know when they hit the website!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:14 am 

r1ng1ng7 wrote:
Congrats on the next release of the rooks! Just to clarify, is that 3 or 4 different colorways being released? Be sure to let me know when they hit the website!

As if now there are only ..

6 regular green glow
1 pink glow
1 blue glow
1 violet glow
1 blue and yellow marble (does not glow)
1 translucent clear glow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next