The Rook release info and future teaser

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Yardarm51

Re: The Rook release info and future teaser

Post by Yardarm51 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:55 pm

:lol: Shoulda known that with them being clear figs that they would pretty much all end up at Domina's place. :lol:

As long as you keep posting pics when you get stuff Domina I won't mind getting scooped!

Mmmm.... Bishop... You make one in the black and orange and I may have to break open the bank again. :D Assuming I can get it past the wife. :roll:

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Fri May 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. But i hit some minor hurtles lately with some personal stuff.
And since im super new at this mold making stuff things are going slower than usual.

But i did just start my 3 inch series. Im probably going to make as many as i can before releasing them. first up is the clear glow in the dark. i also have a florescent violet that needs some sanding and clear coat.

Just give me some time. Im still learning but i wanna do this for everyone.
http://therook.bigcartel.com/
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

r1ng1ng7

Post by r1ng1ng7 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:56 pm

Looks great! A must-have in my book!

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Looking solid. Do you have a black light? If not you might think of picking one up (the bulbs aren't all that pricey) if you are going to sell GiD figures. The glow pics will be all that more enticing for prospective customers.
Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Fri May 20, 2016 11:09 pm

looks great! now this is one I'd love to see GID mixed with glossy black parts too.

But do your thing and hope the personal stuff sorts itself out for the better
My wish list - the one and only thing:
Noferin Pecan Pal: Colored version Fanelli
sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 am

Yardarm51 wrote:Looking solid. Do you have a black light? If not you might think of picking one up (the bulbs aren't all that pricey) if you are going to sell GiD figures. The glow pics will be all that more enticing for prospective customers.
No black light but I'll do a long exposure with my caneta. That'll make the glow pop spot more when I'm ready to take better pictures.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:43 am

Yup that'll help but a black light makes an unbelievable difference if you can get your hands on one. Regardless, that fig is looking good man!

sadlittlepanda

Post by sadlittlepanda » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:23 pm

woohoo!!
just received my rook!&its awesome!!
thank u so much!
NO TALK!
NO HOSTAGES!
WE KILL EVERYONE!!

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:12 pm

sadlittlepanda wrote:woohoo!!
just received my rook!&its awesome!!
thank u so much!
Thank YOU so much! I'm so happy you like it. And don't think I forgot about everybody. More affordable mini glow rooks should be available this winter. I have a meeting next week to collaborate with another wonderful resin artist.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

MusicMan02

Post by MusicMan02 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Mikey Puff wrote:mini glow
:partyman:
Great deals with:
amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Sweet! Any word on progress with the bigger guys?

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:19 am

Yardarm51 wrote:Sweet! Any word on progress with the bigger guys?
I will be making them also just at a slower pace. A lot has happened this year that slowed me down but I working my way back up.
Last edited by Mikey Puff on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm

No worries. Gotta take care of real life first and foremost!

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm

A little update for everyone. Im sorry for making everyone wait so long but sometimes things aren't easy.

But some good news, Argonaut Resins is going to help me out. If you don't know who he is then you should check out his resin work. Im a big fan.

So hopefully they little guys should be out fairly soon. Starting off with some glow in the dark 3 inch rooks with opposing colors. I wanted these to be affordable compared to the bigger counterpart, I know times are rough and not everyone can afford to buy stuff with the holidays and all.

Then I gave Argonaut Resins the "OK" to do an exclusive set if he wants in his own style.

Ive also been drawing a few prints to go along with the set hopefully you guys like them...

This one is just a test for the board and will change to look more Print like i guess.

And yes i copied Kaws but i always wanted to do this so i dont care. I like it.

And of course stickers of these and stuff, but i was thinking about enamel pins. I set up a patreon for them but well see how that goes. I have no other idea.

But i hope you guys like the prints and im sorry to keep you waiting, I love doing art and i just want you guys to have some of it. And i cant thank everyone enough for their support.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

MusicMan02

Post by MusicMan02 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:12 pm

My colors!! :heart:
Great deals with:
amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Man, I knew MusicMan was gonna flip when I saw the stuff on Instagram. -grin-

I've been a huge fan of the Tuttz line by Argonauts Resins for a long time so to hear you are hooking up with them is awesome! One day I will get a Tuttz to go with my Rook.

Dunno if you can say but what colours of glow are you thinking of? Aside from MusicMan's green that is. That goes without saying. :D

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:54 am

Yardarm51 wrote:Man, I knew MusicMan was gonna flip when I saw the stuff on Instagram. -grin-

I've been a huge fan of the Tuttz line by Argonauts Resins for a long time so to hear you are hooking up with them is awesome! One day I will get a Tuttz to go with my Rook.

Dunno if you can say but what colours of glow are you thinking of? Aside from MusicMan's green that is. That goes without saying. :D
I'm going to start with green of course. But I want to do blue and I really want to do a glowing pearl pink. And then I'll do random colors after.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

MusicMan02

Post by MusicMan02 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:10 pm

Mikey Puff wrote:
Yardarm51 wrote:Man, I knew MusicMan was gonna flip when I saw the stuff on Instagram. -grin-

I'm going to start with green of course. But I want to do blue and I really want to do a glowing pearl pink. And then I'll do random colors after.
Have you perfected the glowing colors yet?
Great deals with:

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Making it glow I think is the easiest part of the process. It's everything else that's tough. And getting the green color I want might be a little tricky also but I'm not worried.
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

MusicMan02

Post by MusicMan02 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:35 pm

Mikey Puff wrote:
Making it glow I think is the easiest part of the process. It's everything else that's tough. And getting the green color I want might be a little tricky also but I'm not worried.
I have faith in you, Mike!
Great deals with:

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Little update literally.

Little Rooks are on the way finally and they glow!!
They will stand 3 inches tall they still need a little work and some paint. Ill probably sell some blanks also for you customizers.
So far the majority is green glow maybe 2 blues. A bright Pink and maybe some more surprises.. I still have a few more to make but they are on their way!

i want to thank everyone for their patients and support. :D

instagram = @Mikey_Pip

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:48 pm

Been watching the process on IG. Looking good! Glad to hear there will be some blanks available for folk. Mind you, with such low numbers I wonder how many will actually be customized.

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:36 pm

So first batch is done. Painting these little guys were harder then i expected, so im leaving them as blanks to do what you please with them. I will be release more so dont think this is that last of them.. Larger ones will be coming after these as well..

They glow super bright except for the purple. it needs to be charged ALOT but you can faintly see the glow.
There are slight imperfections but i tried my best. And i might be making custom colors in the coming future.

I am looking at a release maybe next week . im just preparing the packaging and stuff. I think i will be selling them for $25 a piece with free shipping.

instagram = @Mikey_Pip

r1ng1ng7

Post by r1ng1ng7 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Congrats on the next release of the rooks! Just to clarify, is that 3 or 4 different colorways being released? Be sure to let me know when they hit the website!

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:14 am

r1ng1ng7 wrote:Congrats on the next release of the rooks! Just to clarify, is that 3 or 4 different colorways being released? Be sure to let me know when they hit the website!
As if now there are only ..

6 regular green glow
1 pink glow
1 blue glow
1 violet glow
1 blue and yellow marble (does not glow)
1 translucent clear glow
instagram = @Mikey_Pip