forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:47 am 

Hey everyone,

I've been showering the forums in search of some good Ron English toy talk, but so far there hasn't been much - only a couple posts in the middle of other random forums that just make everything hard to talk about. So figured I may as well start a topic just for him.. I'm sure everyone can agree his toys/art/sculptures are worth their own forum!

So this board is for everything from general Ron English release talk, to past toy talk, to anyone wanting to sell or buy, and pretty much any other general Ron English chit chat... All is welcome!

I guess to get it started, I might as well talk about a couple new toys on their way to the Market. First up, there's a brand new Mario Grin on the way which I personally can't wait for. I believe the release will be with Toy Tokyo. There's also a very cool Brain Boxing Glove on it's way that will be released via ToyQube. Anyone else looking forward to these two? From what I've heard, both will be released next month.. :rolleyes:

Last edited by bammoman on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:15 pm 

Good stuff! Yeah I dont know why there isn't a Ron English thread already.

I had the pleasure of volunteering with the Richmond Mural Project last year and, though I was mainly with Meggs during those 12 days, I got meet and hang with Ron during the event on a few different occasions. Super nice and interesting dude; everything you'd expect him to be. At the end of the Project all the volunteers were gifted an OG sketch from the big man; cherry on top of an already amazing experience!

I even got a bonus doodle on that spray can while we were all kickin' it at the final BBQ! Those two will go to the grave with me!

I really want one of his prints, but I never see any for sale :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:19 pm 

Don't forget about the star eyed skull coming out in may

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:29 pm 

Ron's Fat Tony design is a classic! :rock:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:13 pm 

JFactor, awesome man. I've seen someone selling one of those sketches actually (can't remember where I saw it). Must have been part of the crew you hung out with.

There was a super awesome print on Lazarides not that long ago, but it looks like they must have sold it as it's not there anymore. I was so close to buying it myself as it wasn't overly expensive (I think like $350) and only an edition of 50. There's a couple other prints still on there though which you may just love. http://www.lazinc.com/artist/ron-english/editions :D

Drummerboy, yeh man - did you manage to get one via Kickstarter? They went for a really good price!

Taibhse - Got any Fat Tonys dude? Seen a couple pretty cool colourways popping up here and there..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:23 pm 

I've got an og fat tony if anyone wants to buy him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:12 pm 

I have his Mandala 1500 piece puzzle I need to start... :lol:

I wanna seal and frame it though once its complete!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:49 pm 

^ procrastination, ,,,,,,,,,,eh it can wait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:18 pm 

Hahaha I'd have to agree, me and puzzles don't work haha.

In saying that though, I've seen some of those puzzles finished and framed, and they look as good as the prints do, if not better because of the texture 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:39 am 

Couple Ron English toys I've got my hands on so far.. I've got a couple more, i'll try snap some more pics this weekend. Managed to get my hands on the purple & green telegrinnie set too, my favourite figure by a long shot! :D

Last edited by bammoman on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:32 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:45 pm 

I really need to add a Bart Grin into my collection! Minus one going for retail right now, eBay prices are pretty high :?

Nice set-up guys!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:41 pm 

Yea the Bart's are sick. They're still hanging around a couple online stores for decent prices (should be about $150). I've seen a few guys selling the OG colourways on Instagram too..

They just released the 4ft OG Bart colourway, pretty crazy expensive though at about 23,500USD..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:19 pm 

Hello! New to Kidrobot, Came because of Ron English,
Do you guys know how much Yellow Barney Grin costs? and If people would be willing to sell Telegrinnies for reasonable prices?
I'm probably going to purchase something small to calm down my obsession with English like some Supersized Keychains or one of the Cereal guys, But if Barney Grin Yellow isn't crazy expensive I really want it.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:24 pm 

Hey mate, welcome!

Telegrinnies are super rare to come by these days, I am still looking for 4 of the 6 colours myself, and I've searched everywhere - no one wants to sell them. Even the less rare colourway pair (blue/green) are still worth a lot of money - you'll be lucky to grab the pair under $500USD. I think there's a pair currently selling for $700 on ebay.. So you can imagine what some sellers will wants for the older red/yellow version or the club cubic silver/gold..

As for the Barney Grin Yellow, it's a pretty hard one to find these days as well, but definitely easier than the telegrinnies. I saw a couple of them for sale a few months back for around $200USD but I don't think there are too many available at the moment.

There's still a few bart grins hanging around, and some Dum English which I think are both rad. Also the smiley grins are cool too, and a bit cheaper (around $40 - 70)...

:partyman:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:49 pm 

Call Toy Tokyo - they have a bunch of Ron's amazing art toys.

Ak4play xbtran Dizzerrr Stave Nicolicious Nicknards EliottV Morin819 arne saknussen54 Jobyn angel-willow moejoepike lee1632 radddish Bundleofjon jandrolex tesio alexp_03 Ryn drummerboy2 Chronotrigger realtyguy808 stonecutterjeff TheYellowDevil Eiji irvinfosho skullboydonkeykonk DOMn8allday HeyJB Masago15 Micki302 ROACHSHACK138 Series2014 DoriansPortrait thetonybot lou hou Scrow Nicedream vinylist Prophecy labanog DrewJ Cezza_4 yanksb11 Hyper_mitex2 vinyladdict Paul hikanteki Chapper ChewieOK quentdiggy Merlin lumpysam zukaty copacetic81 xdrmadnessx Shmunny aznalan15 666ways2love thndrstrk TO_designs snowdragon101 v.real chamber37 noochie aruss Dab City 2 DrewBlood NUGGLIFE Whiddenrobot krash surfjord matcandraw Rmetz27 RayMan28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:41 pm 

bammoman wrote:
Hey mate, welcome!

Telegrinnies are super rare to come by these days, I am still looking for 4 of the 6 colours myself, and I've searched everywhere - no one wants to sell them. Even the less rare colourway pair (blue/green) are still worth a lot of money - you'll be lucky to grab the pair under $500USD. I think there's a pair currently selling for $700 on ebay.. So you can imagine what some sellers will wants for the older red/yellow version or the club cubic silver/gold..

As for the Barney Grin Yellow, it's a pretty hard one to find these days as well, but definitely easier than the telegrinnies. I saw a couple of them for sale a few months back for around $200USD but I don't think there are too many available at the moment.

There's still a few bart grins hanging around, and some Dum English which I think are both rad. Also the smiley grins are cool too, and a bit cheaper (around $40 - 70)...

Thank you for your response! I'm disappointed that the cheapest Barny is the one I dislike the most (The Grey one) and sad that I probably won't get it for awhile. Luckily I had braced myself for Telegrinnies being ridiculously expensive and maybe it'll be a distant future thing instead of something I can get soon. I do enjoy the Bart Grin but not for it's price, Even though I find it very reasonably priced, My want for it isn't as strong as how much it costs, And I'll probably go for a Cereal Killer series character now that I know they are a nice size, Or go for a Mc Super Sized for cheap. and I'm not a huge fan of the smileys.
So pretty much Yellow and Original Barney are both around the same price, Correct? That'll make me think hard on which to get if that's the case.

Also I'm super shy but I might just try to call ToyTokyo, as it looks like they have a ton of great stuff.

(Also any information about Marilyn Mickey? I wish there were a site with discussions, Overview and Details on every Vinyl figure so this would be easier to find, haha)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:30 am 

I got yo' Tubbiez right here! On page 2!

http://www.blackbooktoy.com/SHOP/56647/ ... list1.html

Their prices are hit or miss depending on what you want, plus they're international... But so many dope things I want... :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 am 

Pretty sure they've been out of stock for a while man. It's a weird site haha, but I worked out that if it has an 'x' next to the add to cart then it means that there's no stock available.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:42 am 

bammoman wrote:
Pretty sure they've been out of stock for a while man. It's a weird site haha, but I worked out that if it has an 'x' next to the add to cart then it means that there's no stock available.

Oh damn I didnt click on the actual toys, my bad. It was late last night when I posted that. :lol:

I think I even posted the wrong link too haha. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:07 pm 

This popped up on facebook a few days ago - previews of the new mould for another cereal box edition.. For those of you who collect them thought you might be interested.. :tonqe:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:01 pm 

bammoman wrote:
This popped up on facebook a few days ago - previews of the new mould for another cereal box edition.. For those of you who collect them thought you might be interested.. :tonqe:

Can't wait to see it in color, He doesn't look fat enough to me, But maybe seeing him in color and next to the others will make him look like he fits in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:13 pm 

TweedleDeem wrote:
bammoman wrote:
Hey mate, welcome!

Thank you for your response! I'm disappointed that the cheapest Barny is the one I dislike the most (The Grey one) and sad that I probably won't get it for awhile. Luckily I had braced myself for Telegrinnies being ridiculously expensive and maybe it'll be a distant future thing instead of something I can get soon. I do enjoy the Bart Grin but not for it's price, Even though I find it very reasonably priced, My want for it isn't as strong as how much it costs, And I'll probably go for a Cereal Killer series character now that I know they are a nice size, Or go for a Mc Super Sized for cheap. and I'm not a huge fan of the smileys.
So pretty much Yellow and Original Barney are both around the same price, Correct? That'll make me think hard on which to get if that's the case.

Also I'm super shy but I might just try to call ToyTokyo, as it looks like they have a ton of great stuff.

(Also any information about Marilyn Mickey? I wish there were a site with discussions, Overview and Details on every Vinyl figure so this would be easier to find, haha)

Yeh I think the purple and yellow are around the same price. MSX Art have the purple and grey ones still available online, and they are a trusted seller (I got mine through them, they were really good). I actually love the grey one haha. Price isn't bad either.. I got them to package the grey and purple one up together for me for a better price.

Um actually no - I think the marilyn mickey is a bit more limited than the rest and a lot bigger. I actually don't know what the price would be but I have a feeling that it will definitely have three 0's attached to whatever the number is haha.

I made the very large decision to purchase the red 4ft telegrinnie from Opera Gallery last week haha (last one available world wide). You don't want to know how much it cost me. I've got a 5 year loan on it now hahahah. But I loved him too much, just had to have it...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:26 am 

bammoman wrote:

Yeh I think the purple and yellow are around the same price. MSX Art have the purple and grey ones still available online, and they are a trusted seller (I got mine through them, they were really good). I actually love the grey one haha. Price isn't bad either.. I got them to package the grey and purple one up together for me for a better price.

Um actually no - I think the marilyn mickey is a bit more limited than the rest and a lot bigger. I actually don't know what the price would be but I have a feeling that it will definitely have three 0's attached to whatever the number is haha.

I made the very large decision to purchase the red 4ft telegrinnie from Opera Gallery last week haha (last one available world wide). You don't want to know how much it cost me. I've got a 5 year loan on it now hahahah. But I loved him too much, just had to have it...

Congratulations! Did it cost 20k? haha, If I had the money I would definitely buy one, Granted I'd choose the Silver or Gold because the other ones look lonely without their friends around, That's so rad that you got one. I might Purchase the normal barney from Msx in a month or so if it's still available, or ask around for a Yellow. Do sites like that typically allow haggling? Like should I try to message them about the price? haha.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:17 am 

TweedleDeem wrote:
bammoman wrote:

Congratulations! Did it cost 20k? haha, If I had the money I would definitely buy one, Granted I'd choose the Silver or Gold because the other ones look lonely without their friends around, That's so rad that you got one. I might Purchase the normal barney from Msx in a month or so if it's still available, or ask around for a Yellow. Do sites like that typically allow haggling? Like should I try to message them about the price? haha.

Thanks man! Haha ur not far off! And being on 40k a year in wages, it wasn't an easy decision haha! Yeh there's a couple gold one's still left to be sold @20K USD a pop but Po has always been my favourite of the 4, and has the best little antenna on his head. He'll be the feature piece in my house for many, many years..

Ummm I don't know actually man. Just depends on how you approach them I reckon. I've bought a few things from BBCJPYS and he's always let me pay my toys off over a few weeks. Shoot them an email though, no harm in asking..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next