forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:38 pm 

Not trying to Shut up Lee at all. just expressing my side of the story.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:43 pm 

KMGA wrote:
Not trying to Shut up Lee at all. just expressing my side of the story.

Ok i understand. I think that clarifies things.

Wants: http://trampt.com/users/callahan-86/want

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:44 pm 

KMGA wrote:
Dank82 wrote:
hey man, are you still taking commissions?

Not until I finish the ones I acquired late in the year. Unless its a 3" Dunny I can make time for one of those.

just playin' :axe:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:48 pm 

Dank82 wrote:
KMGA wrote:
Dank82 wrote:
hey man, are you still taking commissions?

Not until I finish the ones I acquired late in the year. Unless its a 3" Dunny I can make time for one of those.

just playin' :axe:

I was being sarcastic as well :rock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:59 pm 

Honestly if you would have been real with him through out your conversations, it probably wouldn't have come to him posting here. Honesty is the best policy, even if it's not what the other person will enjoy hearing. IE: No your package still hasn't been sent vs Oh yeah I already shipped it. Over all a lesson learned on being better about communicating.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 pm 

hitechkoolaid wrote:
Honestly if you would have been real with him through out your conversations, it probably wouldn't have come to him posting here. Honesty is the best policy, even if it's not what the other person will enjoy hearing. IE: No your package still hasn't been sent vs Oh yeah I already shipped it. Over all a lesson learned on being better about communicating.

i titally agree and that was my mistake and take full credit for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:45 pm 

KMGA wrote:
hitechkoolaid wrote:

i titally agree and that was my mistake and take full credit for it.

Titally lol

Wants: http://trampt.com/users/callahan-86/want

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:47 pm 

so.... is he getting his money or the figure?

One of the two should happen relatively soon.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:56 pm 

He will be refunding my money. I will update once te refund has been received.

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:01 pm 

I've had dealings with artists and collectors who I've bought from very similar and it is one of the most frustrating things that can happen. The pieces are no doubt awesome looking Komega, but the constant pushing off for (insert excuse here) really is unfair to the buyer and completely unnecessary. Hope this gets resolved for you soon Lee!

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbageslinky, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:19 pm 

It's not so much that the dude doesn't eventually send things out. It's that he makes you chase him down while he lies to you for months while doing it. Those text messages are all too telling. You ducked him like 300 times and constantly had some dumb excuse. If you're that busy put your art hobby on hold until you can come correct to the people that respect your work. Having a client repeatedly text you while you pretend to forget who's texting you is spitting in the face of someone that was stoked about getting your work. From when he first hit you up and expressed how excited about your work he was to constantly being lied to by you to then having to ask for a refund on money that gained no interest for a year was quite the journey. You're not a bad artist. Youre an unreliable one. Which is way worse.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:54 pm 

Let's give Kanser time to refund before tearing him down anymore for the past. He knows and admits he made a mistake by not communicating with Lee in a proper manner. No more need to add fuel to the fire if this is a potentially resolved issue currently. Now if the refund doesn't happen, then let the flood gates open again. :lol:

As for the Banditos and Pancho was there supposed to be something physical under their hats? My bandito didn't have anything. I didn't fully take off the hat seeing it's a really tight fit and didn't want to ruin the piece or not be able to put it back on. I never glued the head/collar back together, just pushed them back together instead seeing I didn't want those to break either if I glued them again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:44 am 

I just read all of those text/emails, what a mess. So many it's almost dones , will ship Fridays. Lee, if you care to and want to, I would love to see a breakdown of each figure original expect ship month, and if/when it actually did.

There's another GREAT customizer who did the smart thing. He was going back to school so it completely stopped taking commissions. Because he knew he wouldn't have time and doesn't want to disappoint fans. Wish more people would do that

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 am 

Holy Crap, congrats Lee on being an incredibly patient person.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:11 pm 

This is really unfortunate, because I was looking forward to commissioning Komega on a few pieces.

I do know there's always two sides to every story. However, I've known Lee for sometime, and not only is he a trustworthy boardie, but he has done more business with customizers than the majority of us on this forum.

I talked to Lee, and as of today, he has not yet received his refund.

Komega, your work is amazing, but please do not go down the dark path and be added to the list of unreliable artists. Understandable that you went through some rough times, but regardless, you stated to Lee and to the forum, that you were going to refund. A lot of people here are waiting to see if you are going to do what you say.

Please do the right thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:00 pm 

frankthefish wrote:
This is really unfortunate, because I was looking forward to commissioning Komega on a few pieces.

I do know there's always two sides to every story. However, I've known Lee for sometime, and not only is he a trustworthy boardie, but he has done more business with customizers than the majority of us on this forum.

I talked to Lee, and as of today, he has not yet received his refund.

Komega, your work is amazing, but please do not go down the dark path and be added to the list of unreliable artists. Understandable that you went through some rough times, but regardless, you stated to Lee and to the forum, that you were going to refund. A lot of people here are waiting to see if you are going to do what you say.

Please do the right thing.

I sent him his refund, not sure if he has received it yet. Me an Lee worked it out. I am finally settled into my new place and my new studio is set up. I will be finishing up some pieces then open up my list. If you are still interested hit me up.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:32 pm 

I would love to get another Komega piece, are you still in SD?

Follow me on Instagram @GKedrei619

Check out my Trampt: http://trampt.com/w/GKpirate619

Excellent Transactions- jjoker1979, ngoqua915, Bundleofjon x2, CasperNY, fdot x3, Drewblood x3, KeetJie, oicyu8chu, Vapdee, nonegious, (nice dream), dabcity2 x3, wastemoremoney x2, clarkp23, doarone, GC415, Babyfreak6, streams, mknight2728, misterbear04, MusicMan02, Eiji, syx, jfactor13 x4, joshwalker84 x2, adik.na.chinoy, Ibewdunnyla, pico_de_orizaba, EviL0ne, crux, Skeez, Masago15, Ghost, PaulzDeep, QUASIMO, w33zy16, bernando2, mavxb3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:34 pm 

And im not be sarcastic in any way. I had a pleasant transaction with Komega and my son and I even got a tour of his sweet studio!

Follow me on Instagram @GKedrei619

Check out my Trampt: http://trampt.com/w/GKpirate619

Excellent Transactions- jjoker1979, ngoqua915, Bundleofjon x2, CasperNY, fdot x3, Drewblood x3, KeetJie, oicyu8chu, Vapdee, nonegious, (nice dream), dabcity2 x3, wastemoremoney x2, clarkp23, doarone, GC415, Babyfreak6, streams, mknight2728, misterbear04, MusicMan02, Eiji, syx, jfactor13 x4, joshwalker84 x2, adik.na.chinoy, Ibewdunnyla, pico_de_orizaba, EviL0ne, crux, Skeez, Masago15, Ghost, PaulzDeep, QUASIMO, w33zy16, bernando2, mavxb3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:33 pm 

UPDATE: Received a refund from Komega today. Thank you. Hope we can all learn from this unfortunate incident and move on. We need to make this community better for both the collectors and artists.

Peace.

My Sales: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=183742

My Collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=217335

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/obsessedwithvinyl/have

INSTAGRAM: rg808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:25 pm 

Yay for a happy ending. Learned...communication...communication...communication.

Happy collecting boardies :rolleyes:

Good interactions with: quentdiggy, surfjord, Mastodon, saL

SALES THREAD:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=206433

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:40 pm 

Very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:00 pm 

Quote:
This is out of left field.. Because I had contacted you numerous times saying i was going through a divorce and i was also moving and it was going to be a while until i was able to recover the commissions and customs i had made being i did not have access to the studio in my old location.

:-k

Sorry you had to deal with that Lee. Glad you got your money back.

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:41 am 

realtyguy808 wrote:
UPDATE: Received a refund from Komega today. Thank you. Hope we can all learn from this unfortunate incident and move on. We need to make this community better for both the collectors and artists.

Peace.

=D> glad this got resolved!

Awesome Transactions w/:bigbad99, realtyguy808, tonyxp, gmiddleswarth, bcundall,Nicedream,KIDCANNON10,Nicknards,bungholio,angeezyy77,ianthegamerx2,
Eiji,nypedestrian,surfjord,FrankyJz,rstone010

Awesome Trades w/:dinsmoor,FistfulOfBunnies

Awesome Forum Members:surfjord,KIDCANNON10,FrankyJz,rstone010

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 2:07 pm 

Damn I wish I would have seen this thread before I opened a commission with him for $300 and I provided the huck gee back in black dunny with him over a year and about a half ago :/ literally same non reaponsive and excuse driven situation. What a crapty feeling I've been having since I am not rich and worked hard for that money. And the full excitement of opening the commission with someone you looked up too and there art amazed you, time and the way this commission has gone has taken all that excitement away and has left me with just a turning stomach about my money, today he said he will return my money by Wednesday of next week. I too will let you boarders know how that goes :(

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:41 am 

i've just stumbled upon this thread by accident but i'll put in my experience with mr. komega :
over a year ago i made a trade with him to make me a 3"custom done on the huck gee mecha sculpt in return for a bunch of custom fodder dunny's.
the dunny's were sent to him and he statet he received them and would do the custom in return, he then seemed to disappear for quite some time and every time i contacted him he said he was working on it and was waiting for some parts. ( he said he needing some switch of some sort because the custom would have a light build into it or something )
the next time i contacted him he said he had shipped it ( no track & trace was provided ) and since i live in europe i gave it a couple of weeks since that usually how long it takes ). this was like 6 MONTHS ago.
i have tried to message him on facebook since but have been ignored and have not received any custom nore explanation whatsoever.

in other words DO NOT DEAL with him, this is the kind of customizer that ruins the game of other respected customizers because i have since not commisioned a custom from a US customizer in fear that i will never receive the piece and have no other options to optain it

good transactions with : Kapi, ardabus, Don P, yomi, temooi, syx, JEFF_57, HonestCrooks, 1v1artin, Ash_KBear, chrisosaur, ShadoeDelgado, jeromeoutland, ArtMyMind, Lfarnc, TO_designs, NSTNATE, kalypzo, jriot, NinJaSkills.

waiting for : ardabus custom, rodriguez custom, DonP customs, chaus customs.
Beware of : crestone, komega