BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH KOMEGA

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Taibhse

Re: BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH KOMEGA

Post by Taibhse » Mon May 25, 2015 9:43 am

Sorry to hear about your experience Hova, and those of other customers.. hope Komega sorts this out for you. :(

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded!.. demonstrating that nothing should be handled with extreme caution.

futurerog

Post by futurerog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:35 am

Sadly I have to add another chapter to this story!

I love Komegas style and customs very much, so I commissioned him to do a dunny for me in early January. He said, that he will be finished a few weeks later (early February). A few days later I saw this thread and talked to him about it.
He said, that now is all good and that I would have my dunny in a few weeks.
Since then I got all kind of excuses and lies, but most times I'm just being ignored by him.
Over a month ago he posted pictures of the dunny (sword swallower dunny custom). The dunny looks super cool, and he wrote immediately, that it is shipped. Never got the dunny or a tracking number or any further contact.

For me it's very exhausting and annoying. I really thought, I would get this dunny...
good deals with: DrewBlood, FriedCoconut, KidCannon10, thndrstrk, TO_designs, DexDexign, shrubs, F1shcustoms, halfapparition, NaganamG, therealchinaman

hitechkoolaid

Post by hitechkoolaid » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:36 pm

That sucks Roger, you have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to customs.

DrewBlood

Post by DrewBlood » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:19 pm

](*,)
Last edited by DrewBlood on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:21 pm

Wow, sorry to hear about these situations folks! Hopefully all is resolved in time...

futurerog

Post by futurerog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:29 pm

does anybody know Komega in person?
good deals with: DrewBlood, FriedCoconut, KidCannon10, thndrstrk, TO_designs, DexDexign, shrubs, F1shcustoms, halfapparition, NaganamG, therealchinaman

futurerog

Post by futurerog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:31 pm

hitechkoolaid wrote:That sucks Roger, you have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to customs.
Check my instagram account (futurerog)! :D

FriedCoconut

Post by FriedCoconut » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 pm

DrewBlood wrote:
futurerog wrote:Sadly I have to add another chapter to this story!

I love Komegas style and customs very much, so I commissioned him to do a dunny for me in early January. He said, that he will be finished a few weeks later (early February). A few days later I saw this thread and talked to him about it.
He said, that now is all good and that I would have my dunny in a few weeks.
Since then I got all kind of excuses and lies, but most times I'm just being ignored by him.
Over a month ago he posted pictures of the dunny (sword swallower dunny custom). The dunny looks super cool, and he wrote immediately, that it is shipped. Never got the dunny or a tracking number or any further contact.

For me it's very exhausting and annoying. I really thought, I would get this dunny...
kinda in a similar dilemma with Nugglife... i commissioned him to make me a 3" dunny custom around 1 year ago.. i know he's a busy guy and was assured i'd have the piece before NYCC 2014 which is middle of october... i hit him up quite a few times... was told he's starting it this week... then he's starting it next week.. then its done... then he needs to take a picture of it.. then he needs a photographer to take pics of all his stuff... then he's busy... then he'll send me a teaser pic.. i hate hounding people for stuff but if he's so busy, he really shouldn't be smothering himself with work.. at least 2wice a week i see him post new customs that he just made for sale... i've literally been waiting about 400 days for this piece and feel like i've been overly patient.. it just sucks that i lost out and may never see this piece, but i won't stop trying to get it.. the whole situation isnt right...
Hi Drew, Ive commisioned a couple of pieces this year and last year from Ian, his work his amazing, but mine are always done after like 4/5 months not 400 Days :O. Ian is a solid dude the only thing he isnt good at is keeping his deadlines for example with pictures of the progress etc.. but im fine with that. I Hope Ian sorts it out soon with your piece

FriedCoconut

Post by FriedCoconut » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:59 pm

hitechkoolaid wrote:That sucks Roger, you have had a lot of bad luck when it comes to customs.
What bad luck? Which artists did the same thing? please let me know cause im commissioning a lot nowadays :P

futurerog

Post by futurerog » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:25 pm

FriedCoconut wrote:
What bad luck? Which artists did the same thing? please let me know cause im commissioning a lot nowadays :P
A year ago my dopevinyl blindbox got lost or was never shipped...

hitechkoolaid

Post by hitechkoolaid » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:33 pm

Yep, and it's funny that you ended up getting a KOmega piece in the end.

Turcicus

Post by Turcicus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Dang, this crap seems to be happening quite a bit lately. What the hell is wrong with people? It's sad, but it's situations like this that have really driven me away from collecting customs anymore (and I've got a large custom collection). While they're certainly cool, I would now much rather take a production piece that I can physically put my hands on at the store.
Crestone is a thief!!
Go here for more info: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=248789

My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=162241
Great B/S/Ters: Manga_Spawn (x2), heebysdaman, UNCLE (x2), Squidnik (x2), nnumber6, macker, Nutter, maraudandembezz, C4, Ardabus Rubber (x2), Rsin (x3), Squink, robbieXeff, luckyscrm (x2), gmiddleswarth, tr3e, yup, Lunabee (x3), mrscrouge, NSTNATE, Amethystcape, brownpants, j0nwalsh, Diakka00, sgolby (x3), JaneMancini, chronic, St3phY, TacoHerder, thndrstrk, JoelyV, rach86, zukaty (x2), l0xns0cks (x3), wingnut80, bck2sqr1, whitefalconTLE, ninwest, monkeyinjacket, nerviswr3k

whitefalconTLE

Post by whitefalconTLE » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Turcicus wrote:Dang, this crap seems to be happening quite a bit lately. What the hell is wrong with people? It's sad, but it's situations like this that have really driven me away from collecting customs anymore (and I've got a large custom collection). While they're certainly cool, I would now much rather take a production piece that I can physically put my hands on at the store.
I hear ya. I've had more bad than good experiences, which not only makes me not want commissions from those artists but also makes me weary of trying any new artists sadly too. :(
GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

Nailgun

Post by Nailgun » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:04 am

KMGA wrote:
hitechkoolaid wrote:
KMGA wrote:

I will add this link to my profile on Instagram and Facebook. I have zero to hide or lie about. I am not sure what your attempt here is.

It is as simple as if you did not want to wait then you should just have asked for a refund. You never asked for one.. crap came up and now you are trying to blast my integrity on a public forum like some keyboard ninja.

I sent you other items while you waited for your AP droid.. How hard is it to grasp that i did not have the item on me or with me and you were ok to wait for the item. I could have refunded you at anytime but you did not choose to ask for a refund you wanted to wait until i located the box custom.

You can let people decide on their own. But let me just add that no one has had a problem other than you.

Everyone was ok with the fact that crap came up and i had to re group my life. i do this as a hobby it is not my full time job.

Yes i accepted money from Lee but he also accepted to wait. And yes i accept fault in bad communication. But you come on a public forum and say i took your money and never sent you anything is pretty bold.

Well, seeing that thread clearly showed you lied to Lee about already shipping his package (picture of the receipt clearly shows you hadn't shipped it when you had claimed you did) it was eye opening.

You said it was already shipped on 09/19/14 yet the receipt clearly shows it wasn't shipped until 09/30/14.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmA ... 8337874217

Also, Lee NEVER said you didn't ship him ANYTHING, he CLEARLY stated in the OP that you took awhile to ship his zombie, you just NEVER shipped him his Soul AP.
And he knew Exactly why the Soul AP was not shipped. So whats the point he is trying to make?

That I took long to ship his Soul AP because of the situations stated above? Yes I admitted that and he knew that. So this is just a point to display my personal life on a public forum?

I have dealt with many collectors and have made hundreds of pieces to date.

All Lee needed to do was ask for a refund if he did not want to wait.
After more than 2 years of waiting for my Spawn Dunny or any communication I asked for a refund, so please, send me my money back.