forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:55 pm 

I'm very hopeful after that interview that the designs already submitted license wise will see production, that hopefully means Simpsons 25 bb series and likely Megaman will see the light of day

VapDee/spoileralert, MattPower, DannyWilkes, Mightygrinch, nonamer, Scrow, Dupper, starkravinmad, Nothing371, Rageous, MPeck86, MightyGrinch, skull boy, xbtran, therealchinaman, Freakinkram88, Crash Fistfight, JFactor, hypnotiq, brai aka slacker370z, Chamber37, syx, si41872002

Wants:
World hunger to be over

TRAMPT http://trampt.com/users/Ak4play/info

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 pm 

CreatureFeature wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Yes indeed, definitely some insightful, and awesome tips, suggestions, etc. on these boards. I regularly foward on all of the comments, good, bad, love, hate, suggestions, wants, needs, and all of that. You all are indeed heard.

I've never bought direct from KR.com, but hear that the shipping fees were/are ridiculous. It usually costs around $2.50 to ship a single dunny, as anyone who's traded through the mail knows. More equitable shipping costs mean more orders! Also, the new Mishka Bad News 3" is listed for $14.99 online, but retailed for $20 in Vegas, where I was able to pick one up recently. Why the difference? Annoying. Be straight with us and make your product as available as possible -- simple as that.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but you can't compare personal shipping costs to business shipping costs. UPS and FedEx charge much more to businesses than to normal people for the same exact package size and weight. Being a niche market, I except KR's shipping costs to be higher than other places, but it should be kept at a reasonable price.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:44 am 

fakeXsound wrote:
CreatureFeature wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Yes indeed, definitely some insightful, and awesome tips, suggestions, etc. on these boards. I regularly foward on all of the comments, good, bad, love, hate, suggestions, wants, needs, and all of that. You all are indeed heard.

I've never bought direct from KR.com, but hear that the shipping fees were/are ridiculous. It usually costs around $2.50 to ship a single dunny, as anyone who's traded through the mail knows. More equitable shipping costs mean more orders! Also, the new Mishka Bad News 3" is listed for $14.99 online, but retailed for $20 in Vegas, where I was able to pick one up recently. Why the difference? Annoying. Be straight with us and make your product as available as possible -- simple as that.

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but you can't compare personal shipping costs to business shipping costs. UPS and FedEx charge much more to businesses than to normal people for the same exact package size and weight. Being a niche market, I except KR's shipping costs to be higher than other places, but it should be kept at a reasonable price.

Actually Fedex and UPS charge businesses less then individual people. Companies have business accounts where the more they ship the cheaper it is. Its why alot of people ship through work to save money on shipping...myself included.

Great Transactions With:
MilanoSleep, Nicocato x4, brobles, goatballs, bck2sqr1, zonrboy, Toasted678, StegZ, HeyJB x2, nameBRAND x2, Daimyo, tobor2099 x3, skor one, phdbruin, gmiddleswarth, OyabunTT, scmsix, doomsDAY, FericFanatic, busizem718, j0nwalsh, donkeykonk, robotki x4, achmad, Leshita, theghostinside, BakerTheZombie x2, sk8collector, 666ways2love, foto junkaay, NSTNATE, The Drizzle, HeirForce, quentdiggy, henry17s x2, ryderr6, Quiz, Fliptrickz916 x2, CaptainCadaver, zx7rgirl, h8thing, gregm, Beeto Bot, yourfacehere, GFD18, Masago15, DrftDrgn21, luckyscrmx2, paul

Early Bird wrote:
translate my nonsense you fuc*kin ape!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:37 pm 

Urban_Yeti wrote:
Actually Fedex and UPS charge businesses less then individual people. Companies have business accounts where the more they ship the cheaper it is. Its why alot of people ship through work to save money on shipping...myself included.

I've had the opposite experience. I worked for a production company and we would have to ship drives to editors and animators. It would cost about $15 to ship a single firewire drive through the company as opposed to $5 if I did it personally.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:28 am 

Ups is the bad guy. They overcharge and big companies use them die to convenience

The mishka bad news bears are 20 in vegas?? Why?? I was going to pick up the set next week while I'm there.

That's a crock of ---

BEAUTIFUL TRANSACTIONS:

[watty] [BIGWilly92] [restaurador] [j0nwalsh] [quentdiggy] [tevans48371] [wolk] [moop2000] [PinoyJedi] [TerrorPanda] [silviajdm] [arc] [DunnyMeister] [robbieXeff] [ghettoaxe] [sevren] [gnave] [BHKidRobotNYC] [kittycat] [desecration] [mrnvisible] [1upgames] [Quest1] [adik.na.chinoy] [ChewieOK X 2] [robynndarcy] [KFin67] [richL] [clarkp23] [donkeykonk] [NinjaSkills] [HeyJB] [snitz] [amavevera] [Buellster] [ohtwofour] [HiJaak] [xxclandestinexx] [thermometer] [garbagedick] [Quest1] [Flutters] [brobles] [cbizzle9769] [paulzdeep] [Amethystcape] [chocoboy83] [natenineten][snowdragon101] [Freakinkram88] [mzkayDi] [Ak4play] [Actual Size] [babbage1851] [johnnyterrible][paul] [tedmcintyre] [rJl] [chapper] [Pezhead23] [Boysen300] [Lfamc] [Nicedream] [Two Star] [mikeysee] [partyat2am][Riotzact][Noeleaser]

Trade Thread- viewtopic.php?f=43&t=151786

discounted Kidrobot stuff. http://fab.com/8leud6 HAS KIDROBOT ATM!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:25 pm 

Just a glimpse into the Past

http://vimeo.com/5695071

They also have a great blog, http://blog.mimoco.com/

If I remember correctly, the gentleman that runs Mimoco is a pretty hard core toy collector.

Ak4play xbtran Dizzerrr Stave Nicolicious Nicknards EliottV Morin819 arne saknussen54 Jobyn angel-willow moejoepike lee1632 radddish Bundleofjon jandrolex tesio alexp_03 Ryn drummerboy2 Chronotrigger realtyguy808 stonecutterjeff TheYellowDevil Eiji irvinfosho skullboydonkeykonk DOMn8allday HeyJB Masago15 Micki302 ROACHSHACK138 Series2014 DoriansPortrait thetonybot lou hou Scrow Nicedream vinylist Prophecy labanog DrewJ Cezza_4 yanksb11 Hyper_mitex2 vinyladdict Paul hikanteki Chapper ChewieOK quentdiggy Merlin lumpysam zukaty copacetic81 xdrmadnessx Shmunny aznalan15 666ways2love thndrstrk TO_designs snowdragon101 v.real chamber37 noochie aruss Dab City 2 DrewBlood NUGGLIFE Whiddenrobot krash surfjord matcandraw Rmetz27 RayMan28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:18 am 

paul wrote:
I'm interested in what "artist driven" means. It's presented very vaguely in the press release. NECA either wants to add an art toy company to its stable of licensed fare, or they're just blowing smoke and making the same plan as the original investors Budnitz sold to, who wanted KR to be the next Funko. Kozik has always been an excellent businessman, so I could see him being on board with either strategy.

Seeing Bob Africa's name in the press release is concerning. If they're not firing the bigwigs who ran the company into the ground in the first place, then they're just setting themselves up for failure again. The guy doesn't collect, and spent the last half year firing every employee in the company who does. If KR wants longtime art collectors like myself on board, they need to fill their staff with people who are passionate about art toys. Not former sportswear executives just there to collect a paycheck each week. Hiring back Noel would be a good first move.

So to summarize for the tl;dr crowd: Excited about Kozik, excited about the possibilities for the future, but cautiously wary of their plan for the future. I hope they do well and start making art toys again.

Agree 100% .. sometimes new owners are saddled with some of the old Management team as part of the purchase deal.. hopefully only as a temporary measure until a severance package is thrashed out.
Keeping Executives who failed to understand the market and pursued a flawed business plan to crisis point, then responded to that crisis with the accountant mentality of 'fire everyone and have a fire sale'.. rather than change the business plan, would be unwise, imho.
I am cautiously optimistic.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm 

That is indeed a fair response. I am indeed optimistic as well... cautiously so. We shall see, but in the meantime, here's to a bright KR future.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:44 pm 

Dunnys are what got me collecting and dunnys are what still desire to collect. I like most of what kidrobot has produced over all. Frank is part of who created this industry, market and genre of art. Even if the rest of the figures produced while he is in charge are mean looking smokers, it's still better than a number of things released and decisions made in the last couple years. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 am 

+1 on the last post. Mean looking smokers are not a bad thing, IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:16 pm 

ricksans wrote:
Dunnys are what got me collecting and dunnys are what still desire to collect. I like most of what kidrobot has produced over all. Frank is part of who created this industry, market and genre of art. Even if the rest of the figures produced while he is in charge are mean looking smokers, it's still better than a number of things released and decisions made in the last couple years. ;)

So, it's been a little while since he's been the Creative Director. Are you pleased with the results?

I'm super curious to know how you feel..

For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:37 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
ricksans wrote:

So, it's been a little while since he's been the Creative Director. Are you pleased with the results?

I think hes doing great so far. like hows hes bringing the "art" back.. of course they need to do their licensed stuff but i love to see the originality of what they come up with. Like the blueberry was a gorgeous art piece and so was the JRYU dunny. I started to move away from collecting dunnys until i seen some of the new 8 inchers coming out and they drew me back in.. And now a bjornik 20 inch, im in for the long haul.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:28 am 

I moved from on the fence of considering not collecting KR anymore, out of a lot of the releases being different than what I had hoped, to having a number of things I'm stoked about, like the odd ones series, the 5" dunnys, and the sonic minis coming foward.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:30 pm 

noeleaser wrote:
ricksans wrote:

I'm curious to know as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:12 pm 

I really enjoyed reading your discussion forum posting. I think that the best way to look at this is to sit and wait for the future to unfold.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:40 pm 

Thank you for sharing with me. That all sounds wonderful.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 am 

noeleaser wrote:
Y'all should start a petition to have them hire me back! (please...)

I will second that also
8)