KOZIK AS KIDROBOT CREATIVE DIRECTOR

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

MusicMan02

Kidrobot bought? Kozik to act as Creative Director?

Post by MusicMan02 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am

http://blog.kidrobot.com/urban-vinyl-ic ... companies/

What exactly is Kidrobot Purchase, LLC? And what does it mean for them to have aquired Kidrobot? Pretty excited about Frank Kozik being brought on in such a hands-on fashion, though!

Great deals with:
amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

Oisterboy

Re: Kidrobot bought? Kozik to act as Creative Director?

Post by Oisterboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:47 am

This is crazy news. Not entirely sure how to feel about this.

caswunn

KOZIK AS KIDROBOT CREATIVE DIRECTOR

Post by caswunn » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

couldn't hope for a better outcome! We might even be able to curse in the boards soon!!!

666ways2love

Post by 666ways2love » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:03 am

I don't know about business to know how this will turn out. On one side, yes, Frank at the helm is amazing and keep this boat on course. On the other, NECA is going to have their input, and if they supply Frank with a cr@ppy boat and a small crew, the boat will sink in rough waters.

So I guess, all i and we can do, is sit back and hope for the best
sales thread viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

DexDexign

Post by DexDexign » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:04 am

Like I just said to a friend, I'm overall glad. KR was on the brink of bankruptcy and now is safe. Also, who better than the legend Frank Kozik to take the creative lead!! I'm only worried they want to use more licenses now. Anyway it's good news.
Trampt• •ForSaleStoreCustomsInstagram

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price.” -Benjamin Franklin.
Great Peeps: MAKO•NICKNARDS•Callahan86•Tesio•Mikasrhoom•Twentytwo•Thermometer•Salamander•Miami_kr•coreyxc4•Dab City 2•foto junkaay•jfactor13•bungholio•DeSEBticoN•coreyxc4•Bundleofjon•Almightymalikai•PhatBastard•Nisares•Therealchinaman•Kmuray•Russ•Choochoochocobo•

noeleaser

Post by noeleaser » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:17 am

Y'all should start a petition to have them hire me back! (please...)
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

MusicMan02

Post by MusicMan02 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 am

noeleaser wrote:Y'all should start a petition to have them hire me back! (please...)
I would totally support that...

1. MusicMan02
Great deals with:
amofop, nameBRAND, mANNEe, JRDillGC, lamuna, HOVA, vinylist, Dank82, iamchristsao, adik.na.chinoy, javadoozy, rimamir, cer0z, steen182, robotcollector, DrewBlood, therealchinaman, halfapparition(x3), phildren2a, fett42, soljah52, DarkLies212, KIDCANNON10, Stonesoup75, darika09, Salamander, DirtyDiva, DexDexign(x2), endo24, GKpirate619, LOADHOLT

noeleaser

Post by noeleaser » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 am

MusicMan02 wrote:
noeleaser wrote:Y'all should start a petition to have them hire me back! (please...)

1. MusicMan02
MusicMan, you rule..

It may be more impactful if someone started a brand-new thread about it. Wink wink..

:D
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale

"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:30 am

MusicMan02 wrote:

1. MusicMan02
2. Oisterboy

FUR SURE. You're active here and we need as many insiders as possible.

Edit: yeah make a new thread haha. I'd do it but I'm on mobile x.x
Last edited by Oisterboy on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

paul

Post by paul » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:31 am

I'm interested in what "artist driven" means. It's presented very vaguely in the press release. NECA either wants to add an art toy company to its stable of licensed fare, or they're just blowing smoke and making the same plan as the original investors Budnitz sold to, who wanted KR to be the next Funko. Kozik has always been an excellent businessman, so I could see him being on board with either strategy.

Seeing Bob Africa's name in the press release is concerning. If they're not firing the bigwigs who ran the company into the ground in the first place, then they're just setting themselves up for failure again. The guy doesn't collect, and spent the last half year firing every employee in the company who does. If KR wants longtime art collectors like myself on board, they need to fill their staff with people who are passionate about art toys. Not former sportswear executives just there to collect a paycheck each week. Hiring back Noel would be a good first move.

So to summarize for the tl;dr crowd: Excited about Kozik, excited about the possibilities for the future, but cautiously wary of their plan for the future. I hope they do well and start making art toys again.
www.allvinyls.com

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

paul

Post by paul » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:38 am

noeleaser wrote:It may be more impactful if someone started a brand-new thread about it. Wink wink..

Just started a petition in the Toy Talk section, where it should get more views.
www.allvinyls.com

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

kroracle

Post by kroracle » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:40 am

If you guys are creating job petitions, I want my job back too! Make it a twofer... :)

Oisterboy

Post by Oisterboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:41 am

paul wrote:
noeleaser wrote:It may be more impactful if someone started a brand-new thread about it. Wink wink..

Just started a petition in the Toy Talk section, where it should get more views.
Smurf lol I made one too I'll delete mine.

soljah52

Re: KOZIK AS KIDROBOT CREATIVE DIRECTOR

Post by soljah52 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:08 am

could someone explain how this works? i'm all for Kozik taking the helm as creative director...but under NECA...who has multiple licenses with movies, music, tv shows etc. is going to allow for an artist based division? okay NECA will handle all licensed products...but what stops the big wigs from NECA saying to this division...maaaybe these artists should design for this movie or this tv show or this music giant?
Good transactions with: zonrboy, tsoli727, rice_money, NinJaSkills, realtyguy808, cprobot, robbieXeff, mooshysushi, adik.na.chinoy, 0709, vinyltoyz

Good interactions with: quentdiggy, surfjord, Mastodon, saL

SALES THREAD:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=206433

foto junkaay

Post by foto junkaay » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:09 am

3A Hatchery Kitty FOUND THANKS TO SHUDDERBROOM
Good and Bad Transactions
Sales Thread
Adventure Time Project
Cezza_4 wrote:Foto Junkaay; baker, vinyl lover, heart breaker.

There's not much more to it.

soljah52

Post by soljah52 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 am

Good transactions with: zonrboy, tsoli727, rice_money, NinJaSkills, realtyguy808, cprobot, robbieXeff, mooshysushi, adik.na.chinoy, 0709, vinyltoyz

Good interactions with: quentdiggy, surfjord, Mastodon, saL

SALES THREAD:
http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=206433

moshepark

Post by moshepark » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 am

AWESOME.

Ath

Post by Ath » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:28 am

I'm actually surprised people are not universally excited about this. How can it not get better, even for the simple fact that it couldn't be any worse right now. I work for a multi billion dollar company and while change and upheaval are always concerning, if you have a shrewd business person running the helm (like Kozik) things generally tend to work out and improve. Have faith in Frank.
60+ Buy/Sell/Trade transactions: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253456

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

neeonFox

Post by neeonFox » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:29 am

Kozik = :D
NECA = :?: :?: :?:
ImageImage
My Instagram @neeonfox
Collection // Trampt // For Sale // Flickr // Hawaii's FB Toy Group
Formally known as Foxracing808....

DexDexign

Post by DexDexign » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:31 am

paul wrote:I'm interested in what "artist driven" means. It's presented very vaguely in the press release. NECA either wants to add an art toy company to its stable of licensed fare, or they're just blowing smoke and making the same plan as the original investors Budnitz sold to, who wanted KR to be the next Funko. Kozik has always been an excellent businessman, so I could see him being on board with either strategy.

Seeing Bob Africa's name in the press release is concerning. If they're not firing the bigwigs who ran the company into the ground in the first place, then they're just setting themselves up for failure again. The guy doesn't collect, and spent the last half year firing every employee in the company who does. If KR wants longtime art collectors like myself on board, they need to fill their staff with people who are passionate about art toys. Not former sportswear executives just there to collect a paycheck each week. Hiring back Noel would be a good first move.

So to summarize for the tl;dr crowd: Excited about Kozik, excited about the possibilities for the future, but cautiously wary of their plan for the future. I hope they do well and start making art toys again.

So Agreed.
Trampt• •ForSaleStoreCustomsInstagram

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price.” -Benjamin Franklin.
Great Peeps: MAKO•NICKNARDS•Callahan86•Tesio•Mikasrhoom•Twentytwo•Thermometer•Salamander•Miami_kr•coreyxc4•Dab City 2•foto junkaay•jfactor13•bungholio•DeSEBticoN•coreyxc4•Bundleofjon•Almightymalikai•PhatBastard•Nisares•Therealchinaman•Kmuray•Russ•Choochoochocobo•

Mongo Lloyd

Post by Mongo Lloyd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:38 am

FINALLY! Marvel x Kidrobot Dunnys!

I am kidding (I hope.) This should be interesting to say the least so that alone will make it worth watching. Fact is Kidrobot was about to die off, this will keep them at least on life support for a bit longer.

NECA already is a monster with licenses, it would be nice to leave that focus over on their end and completely drop licensed goods from the Kidrobot line-up (wishful thinking but who knows.)

Recommended Sellers/Buyers:
"useless toys(x2)" "jjH8te" "jedijordan2046" "liveordunny" "donkeykonk" "Gothamite80" "DrewBlood" "Johnny_Gringo" "Merlin" "MidasTouch357" "yourfacehxc" "mannyx" "Nicknards" "therealchinaman" "quentdiggy" "Shibori" "APsychoCareBear" "Hatch" "malac_cj" "Pandasashi" "Mouser47" MANY MANY MORE, losing track of them all!!!

NEW Online Library & Marketplace for Designer Toy Collectors! Check it out and sign up @ http://trampt.com/u/Mongo_Lloyd

Ath

Post by Ath » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:41 am

This is what "artist driven" means, directly from the NECA website:

“It’s rare to have the opportunity to join forces with an artist-centric company like this,” said Joel Weinshanker, COO of NECA. “We are doubly thrilled to be able to allow it to grow organically and flourish on its own, which is what we’re certain it will do with the involvement of Frank Kozik as creative director."

Tldr: they have 50 billion licenses already and are successfully marketing/selling them thru the NECA brand. KR is pretty much gonna be it's own autonomous entity that they want selling/creating stuff that made them famous: Art Toys.
Last edited by Ath on Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
60+ Buy/Sell/Trade transactions: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=253456

Trampt: http://trampt.com/users/Athyndir/have

Looking for COARSE: Loser Jaws (Blush) and 1:3 Chopper

Rsinart

Post by Rsinart » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:42 am

As someone who collected NECA way before I knew about Kidrobot this is a welcome change in a company so many had written off over the past 2 years. And with Frank as the creative director I hope things fall back into place. KR needed something and someone to bring collectors back.
STORE: http://whispers.storenvy.com/
SITE: Http://artbyrsin.com
Instagram, Twitter, Facebook all @Rsinart

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:45 am

I am definitely optimistic for what's to come! Frank rules, and yes... get Noel back on board!

vapdee2.0

Post by vapdee2.0 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am

MusicMan02 wrote:http://blog.kidrobot.com/urban-vinyl-ic ... companies/

What exactly is Kidrobot Purchase, LLC? And what does it mean for them to have aquired Kidrobot? Pretty excited about Frank Kozik being brought on in such a hands-on fashion, though!
To answer that question, a company was formed and used to buy KR, and that company name is Kidrobot Purchase LLC.

Having the Godfather at the helm, will make for an interesting run right back up the hill to Stardom - imho.

Hoping that all the Simpsons 25th Anniversary figures are now released, as NECA has been producing Simpsons products for a while now. As an outsider, this seems like a perfect fit and we all should benefit from this move. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ak4play xbtran Dizzerrr Stave Nicolicious Nicknards EliottV Morin819 arne saknussen54 Jobyn angel-willow moejoepike lee1632 radddish Bundleofjon jandrolex tesio alexp_03 Ryn drummerboy2 Chronotrigger realtyguy808 stonecutterjeff TheYellowDevil Eiji irvinfosho skullboydonkeykonk DOMn8allday HeyJB Masago15 Micki302 ROACHSHACK138 Series2014 DoriansPortrait thetonybot lou hou Scrow Nicedream vinylist Prophecy labanog DrewJ Cezza_4 yanksb11 Hyper_mitex2 vinyladdict Paul hikanteki Chapper ChewieOK quentdiggy Merlin lumpysam zukaty copacetic81 xdrmadnessx Shmunny aznalan15 666ways2love thndrstrk TO_designs snowdragon101 v.real chamber37 noochie aruss Dab City 2 DrewBlood NUGGLIFE Whiddenrobot krash surfjord matcandraw Rmetz27 RayMan28