forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:54 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:03 pm 

My boxes came 3-4 days apart.
So I had a headless fool and no kieko for a bit.
When I put the Fool's torso on his legs with in 30 minutes he was pee'ing himself.
Alot of owl smelling liquid came out of the torso and leaked down the bottom half.
I remember smelling the clear smelly water on my hands and thinking great liquid pba and phlilates going into my skin.
I believe my torso might have more liquid in it as the drainage hole is in the bottom
of the female receptical that the legs male peg fits into,... and that is not thee lowest point in the torso by inches making me think a small pin hole should be add at a lower point in the under carage.
I'm sure this liquid is just a byproduct of condensation? maybe during the making.
But for those of you yet to put your BigFool together? Consider having paper towel at the ready and maybe wait over night after you do before placing it in your display spot.
Also a "Tiny" bit worried that over time the small connector peg will snap under the weight of Carried Kieko troopers massive head.
Also unllike the others the last Kieko's helmet and boots are already glued on.
Not magnetic like the Other Kieko girls.. So no mix and matching parts on this one with her sisters.
the liquid made him appear to be wetting his pants.

R2Kieko

Will take a family shot later.
D~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:20 pm 

sorry to hear about the watery situation, hope it causes no damage to the figure..

i'm most worried about the head of keiko, its real big and heavy, and there is only the little tip with no magnet or screw to hold it, just pressure ... so.. mmm fingers crossed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:07 pm 

Yes and her big mits are pretty heavy too for little plastic non magnetic pegs.
I'm actually wondering if condensation water is trapped in fool's trunks as well.

Maybe the amount of liquid depends on the Temperature it goes through on it's travels.

But yes no magnet tiny peg no bigger than arm pegs which I also worry won't hold with out the magnets.

It's not just the fear of a toy one day dropping breaking off snapping a heavy part,....
it's also collateral damage to any other pieces in with it or under it.

Like if the big Depressing love was put on a glass shelf (not recommended) and months from now Kieko looses that massive helmet it would snap a shelf possibly damage a floor.
(I had a huge custom resin/fiberglass piece suddenly drop a fin do to vibrations on the detolf it was sitting on,.. which was also on a table. So the pieces was about 15'
in the air. when that heavy chunk dropped it drove a deep gash into my floor...
Now...ONe day I'm gonna have to spring big bucks to have the flooring replaced.
[no paatching as our flooring was discontinued years ago)
I'm just glad non of us got bonked on the head woth the hole it left in the floor I'm sure it would have caused real skull damage and possibly death if it had konked one of my cats.
So I've completely rethought displaying big pieces of sketchy Constructural integrety above waist level in our home.
If the kieko Helmet was 3D printed in a super light material,.... maybe. But it's not.

Also? I'm just a bit let down that they didn't figure out a way to use the florescent glowing orange plastic they used in the orange space man box to make the light saber have that eary glow.
That orange space fools packaging box's seems glow even in daylight.
So I was hoping they'd see it thee perfect saber material to simulate light.

Oh well.

it's still a very nice and massive piece.
D~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:18 pm 

Did anyone have any problems with their k3k0? I purchased both editions and the legs were broke on regular edition and the arm piece and a part on the foot were missing on the jp toys edition. I ended up taking them off the regular edition, painting them and then gluing them on the jp toys edition so I have at least one of the 2 displayed. This has been a few weeks now and still waiting on my replacement body for the regular k3k0 since the magnetic hands were ok. I'm being told that the factory is producing but how many were broke in shipping for the factory to have to start up again?!?

Also, i'm looking to purchase a Depressing Love but have also been told that there's painting issues with many of them with nothing being done about it. Not sure how bad the issues are b/c I haven't seen pics of the problem!

Plus my darkside keiko came to me with a bent helmet and paint issues as well so basically wondering if you guys have had problems with your fool paradise pieces or am I just VERY unlucky??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:18 pm 

Did anyone have any problems with their k3k0? I purchased both editions and the legs were broke on regular edition and the arm piece and a part on the foot were missing on the jp toys edition. I ended up taking them off the regular edition, painting them and then gluing them on the jp toys edition so I have at least one of the 2 displayed. This has been a few weeks now and still waiting on my replacement body for the regular k3k0 since the magnetic hands were ok. I'm being told that the factory is producing but how many were broke in shipping for the factory to have to start up again?!?

Also, i'm looking to purchase a Depressing Love but have also been told that there's painting issues with many of them with nothing being done about it. Not sure how bad the issues are b/c I haven't seen pics of the problem!

Plus my darkside keiko came to me with a bent helmet and paint issues as well so basically wondering if you guys have had problems with your fool paradise pieces or am I just VERY unlucky??

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:24 pm 

The foot on mine came snapped as well. I just glued it back together, can't even tell

Dealings with: gonedaddyfinch ~ eckotyper ~ 1V1ARTIN ~ djfohm ~ Nicocato ~ Jackcuzzy ~ Two Star ~ Mz59Fifty ~ rstone010 ~ purranie ~ HeyJB ~ caswunn ~ Wiseblood ~ Lfarnc ~ harm ~ fett42 ~ belfinatorzz111(x2) ~ jandrolex ~ Senatorweims16 ~ realtyguy808 ~ Rynis11 ~ xTUCK3Rx ~ mechanizer ~ Quest_Ion ~ WickedMasterMind ~ frankthefish ~ AshleyAC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:03 am 

:rock:
Finally!
The whole gang... For now. ;)

Great Sellers: adik.na.chinoy, djgodsendconspire, DrewBlood, dopevinyl(x2), Erroneous, iliksprite, konfucious, Maki Maki, Masago15, nvs03lex, paul, RayMan28, realtyguy808, roguerebel, Shibori, tvdang, zonnie5
Great Boardies: ethygy, HOVA, MartinMtz702, Nicocato, NinJaSkills, Pause
Pending Transactions: -

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 am 

Holy crap, and they shipped it directly to you? damnz... glad it got there safe and sound..
the gang is looking good bro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:26 pm 

Impressive collection, JuanMazuera!

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:17 pm 

Time to confess......... :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:13 am 

plaStig wrote:

For me, the worst and ugliest release of 2014 already.
The Darth Keiko with the skull coming out and the lightsaber through the head, the Stormtrooper hanging on a cross, the platform the toy is standing on... Nothing feels right about this piece, at all.

They should've kept it with a Boba Fett Keiko & a Woes PandaKeiko.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:19 am 

^^^i'm not feeling the new/next platforms either. dunno what kind of direction they're heading w/ it. battle damage keiko trooper was a little OD as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:09 am 

aslee23 wrote:

I had a few probs. my trooper came with a broken foot. My k3ko came with a broken hand and my jp ed came with a really bad qc issue on her chest. But customer service is great so no real complains.

want list + grails::coarsetoys Mint pain 1:3 (BOX ONLY) ROTO jaws (mint condition no seam or neck problem)...also Switch set and body bags NYFAT & LAFATS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:21 pm 

HonestCrooks wrote:
plaStig wrote:

For me, the worst and ugliest release of 2014 already.
The Darth Keiko with the skull coming out and the lightsaber through the head, the Stormtrooper hanging on a cross, the platform the toy is standing on... Nothing feels right about this piece, at all.

They should've kept it with a Boba Fett Keiko & a Woes PandaKeiko.

+1
Bobba Keiko and Woes panda Keiko should be the next step...
And it should be original keikos, no more SW!
Not feeling the confession either...
:?

Great Sellers: adik.na.chinoy, djgodsendconspire, DrewBlood, dopevinyl(x2), Erroneous, iliksprite, konfucious, Maki Maki, Masago15, nvs03lex, paul, RayMan28, realtyguy808, roguerebel, Shibori, tvdang, zonnie5
Great Boardies: ethygy, HOVA, MartinMtz702, Nicocato, NinJaSkills, Pause
Pending Transactions: -

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:33 pm 

Would love to see the Woes one come out at some point.

GREAT TRANSACTIONS with board members: frostymug, Kluc, physchopainter, bigbad99, i12punk, Turcicus, tekman8, datoyattic, johnnybagadonuts, garbagedick, JayJayFool, j0nwalsh, ardabusrubber, Ash_Kbear, Rmetz27, Dominick1080, Lfarnc, deathtollzero, realtyguy808, soljah52, johnrussellf, sinbad77, Arcady, Blessed88 (sorry if I missed anyone, they've almost all have been great though!)

If you have any Nikejerk Customs for sale or trade please let me know, Thank you

MY COLLECTION:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=175743&p=2318299&hilit=Ty%27s+customs+chomping+at+the+bit#p2318299

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:51 pm 

Am I the only one who really loves confession? Haha

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=186022&start=0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 am 

JesseFromJersey wrote:
Am I the only one who really loves confession? Haha

I do too, it's pretty freaking awesome!

Great transactions: nuj0iz, blindboxx2334, Manzel, VapDee, turdhole, stilspinin, APsychoCareBear, dtrain, Dab City 2, killbunny, zmigol, dimply_gecko, Ghost, dopevinyl, cea, BGCartoonology, Tesio, paul, Mongo Lloyd, TyresOFlaherty, el_scorcho, DBAS, pwimrbarnes, tanacharison, therealchinaman, wouldhurtafly
Smooth trades: sinbad77
Looking for:Minions - Despicable Me, Tron Stitch, Coarse, Mindstyle Disney Alien Invasion, Endangered Dunnys Touma & Kozik, Cheshire Cat x Span of Sunset - Haunted Mansion Ed. & Opening Day. Anything Frankenweenie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:31 am 

Whoa. Just saw a picture of that and all I can say is wow. Fairly edgy, and I actually do like it. Could never have that in my home, though. Which is kind of why it's good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 am 

I like this stuff. But I would never display something as offensive as Confession in my house. I'm not even religious, but this is borderline grotesque, and absolutely offensive to women and Christians. The iconography is completely unnecessary.

What would you even say if someone asked how does this art make you feel, or what message is it trying to convey. I feel like the designers took a giant step back with this one by going for shock value. Also I'm suddenly not as interested in acquiring a couple of the older pieces. Boo.

Good transactions: NaturalJoe, VapDee, Mhpgear1, Ryn, Dank82, Stacyjean, Danryan, Tweeder422, bla8, izzy, candycloud27, bltsports25, del730, homerj, JMDawg33, pghrobot, Techhuis, cm, DabCity2, glock325, Erroneous, normanjr, kitman34, Greggygreg, turdhole, Adultswim666, Nonegious, DrkFD3S, thermometer, Kingly Decay, w33zy16, jeanclaudeAdam

Great trades: Ghost, Tweeder422, mrxwormxsayz, dondaka, W.I.L.D., fdot, MiggaWhaat, AK4play, elias, Spenc, MattPower

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 pm 

I found the piece to be a big shocking, random and distasteful as well....then again I never really understood the huge interest in fools paradise to begin with. Some are aesthetically pleasing for sure but they seem completely random to me with very little thought or coherency seems to go into it which is becoming more and more apparent as they progress imo.

Sunbros (helpful boardies): Chin, bubblegumking

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:48 am 

Nothing371 wrote:
I feel like the designers took a giant step back with this one by going for shock value. Also I'm suddenly not as interested in acquiring a couple of the older pieces. Boo.

+

crucial wrote:
I found the piece to be a big shocking, random and distasteful as well.... but they seem completely random to me with very little thought or coherency seems to go into it which is becoming more and more apparent as they progress imo.

=

SPOT ON

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:46 am 

My inner Catholic child feels molested.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:56 pm 

Nothing371 wrote:
I like this stuff. But I would never display something as offensive as Confession in my house. I'm not even religious, but this is borderline grotesque, and absolutely offensive to women and Christians. The iconography is completely unnecessary.

What would you even say if someone asked how does this art make you feel, or what message is it trying to convey. I feel like the designers took a giant step back with this one by going for shock value. Also I'm suddenly not as interested in acquiring a couple of the older pieces. Boo.

Totally agree with Nothing 371. Nice but very offensive.

Good Deals - Buyers:
AlPred, kenobi822, Homemade ink, mazdef, mynnDAWG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:28 pm 

not sure if mentioned, but my Trooperkeiko... was battle damaged for real... she fell from the shelve on an earthquake,,
anyway,
been spending quite a bit of sideshow, but due to that, i found some sealed recent 3A 1/6 figures, like one or 2 of the TKs kyoku and some other, i think nage too, and some of the boybands, well obviously that one isnt sealed, lol
and i think i saw sealed queene and white sham, also sealed,
anyway,
anyone with a trooperkeiko... wanting to trade for some 3A, please lmk

thanks guys...

and to keep the topic on the confession piece... I think it was too soon to come with another vader/trooper
and i'm not that much of a practicing catholic, but,... enough to not want to have something this controversial displayed
in my house, jeje

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 643 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next