forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 97  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 pm 

I was going to buy a case but now I've seen the ratios it has really put me off :\

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:03 pm 

Agreed, the ratios are pretty crappy. :/

Good Dealings with:
1V1ARTIN, gonedaddyfinch, Retro603, Vinylassassin, BoxingXius, lamey_the_bgp, Moonshot, Buellster, Urban_Yeti, EliottV, Graf-Toyz, ChewieOK, Cubed77, saiko, groovitude, g&b, Quest1, hellscrape, mylzbigglee13, Stray Cat, haggard, jacranky, Kidbarbobot, gopender111, gazpacho, halfapparition, thndrstrk, xxclandestinexx, suprastang, SecurityGeek, Crushgroove, mellowmut, Afropostale, wyldaxe, JinEX, fdavis138, msdvsness, Fuller2356, donkeykonk, bcundall, pinballwizard, tron, tommynathan, 666way2love, lofa, babyvtec,Taos,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 pm 

lol leave it to kidrobot to always find a way to screw up a release. Was definitely going to buy a case of these but now the case ratio is kind of making me think twice

Sunbros (helpful boardies): Chin, bubblegumking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:48 pm 

New kid theories on the high ratio commons:

1) Unannounced alternate colorways (not super familiar enough yet with kidrobot collections so feel free to correct me).

2) This collection wasn't made for [just] collectors. I'm thinking regular joes, and there are alot of us, will catch wind of this collection and want just the commons. Let's be real...Dunnys are the perfect incarnation of the cartoon.

Great Transactions: deltron77, ern3stoo, HiCeeVee(x3), luckyscrm, HeyJB, tsoli727, xshezx, nookbrooke, syx, brownfaux, thisguymatt, trunger, theOutlaw, Freakinkram88, rosstamicahdesign, brandonb5269, kurtgrindcore1, Evil0ne, bigdaddyh, c.feng
Pending: dunnydroppings, JaLeo, dunnyjake

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm 

I know when they released the Family Guy set they offered a 30% or 50% discount when purchasing a case.

Does anyone know if they will be providing the same offer with the South Park ones as well?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:15 pm 

stonecutterjeff wrote:
got this from some persons page

STAN-2/20 (comes with dog accessory)
KYLE-2/20 (comes with "Ike" brother accessory)
CARTMAN-2/20 (comes with doll accessory)
KENNY-2/20 (comes with rats accessory)
TOWELIE "Chase"-1/40 (comes with red eyes accessory)
BUTTERS-2/20 (comes with book accessory)
PROFESSOR CHAOS Butters "Chase"-?/?? (comes with accessory)
CHEF-2/20 (comes with spatula accessory)
OFFICER BARBRADY-1/20
MR. MACKEY-1/20 (comes with Mr. Hankey and mug accessories)
RANDY-3/80 (comes with accessory)
MR. GARRISON-2/20 (comes with puppet accessory)
MR. SLAVE-2/20 (comes with rat accessory)
SATAN "Chase"-?/??

looks like if you buy a case you will get atleast 10 of the figures and hopefully get one chase.

hehe :) looks like i was 100% correct with my ratio guesses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:29 pm 

i at first wanted to get a case but now like many others don't want to. i thought about buying random ones at Urban Outfitters but after just having gone there an hour ago and looking at their street fighter, family guy, and simpsons 2 blindboxes, i noticed that they had all been opened on the bottom and sloppily glued back. looks like some of the employees have been busy. so i'm sure they will open the south park ones as well and feel for randy's balls and satan and towelie etc and leave only the commons so now i dont know where to buy them from. and like batman asked, will there be a discount for buying a case on this site?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 pm 

i am hoping they do what they did with family guy and offer a discount. but the family guy ones just did not look right. after seeing dead kenny and mysterion i think kidrobot did a fine job with them. but have my fingers cross they be some kind of discount.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:49 pm 

Doesn't seem like there will be a discount, i am very disappointed with those ratios

whoever said it before was right. Should have just made a smaller amount in case or a larger set. way too many commons for sure :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:34 pm 

aww... professor chaos is a chase. bye bye hopes and dreams.

Excellent transactions with: zonrboy, wingnut80, haggard, iggy4mayor, tvdang, eghatch93, car,
Fifizzle, NinJaSkills (T), Ash_KBear (S), resuri (T), cublydolls, jtoki, CurseTheSeen, DrewJ (T), FericFanatic, zbakes, egg_robot (S)

Pending transactions: ~

J*RYU's Sanctum Dunny (King of the Boards)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:55 pm 

Mr. Slave's accessory is not a rat, but Lemmiwinks, king of the gerbils! (with a crown even)

REVIEW http://www.yelp.com/biz/red-hot-robot-phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:58 pm 

I took what I learned from this thread and have this, let me know if any of you feel its inaccurate;
STAN-2/20 (comes with sparky)
KYLE-2/20 (comes with ike)
CARTMAN-2/20 (comes with clyde frog)
KENNY-2/20 (comes with rats)
MR. GARRISON-2/20 (comes with Mr. Hat)
MR. SLAVE-2/20 (comes with Lemmiwinks)
BUTTERS-2/20 (comes with "The Poop That Took a Pee")
CHEF-2/20 (comes with a spatula)
OFFICER BARBRADY-1/20 (comes with nothing)
MR. MACKEY-1/20 (comes with Mr. Hankey in a mug)
SATAN ?/?? (comes with nothing)
TOWELIE 1/40 (comes with stoned eyes)
RANDY 3/80 (comes with switchable legs with his huge balls)
PROFESSOR CHAOS ?/?? (comes with general disarray)

A case (20 figures) would be 2 each of Stan, Kyle, Cartman, Kenny, Mr. Garrison, Mr. Slave, Butters and Chef. Also 1 each of Officer Barbrady and Mr. Mackey. You get 2 of the rares with a 25% chance of Satan, 50% chance of Towelie, 75% chance of Randy and 50% chance of Professor Chaos.

Rusty
APK 2008
Green Flipmode

Futurama;
Hedonism Bot
Hyper Chicken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:02 pm 

Damn....complete set for 500+....on you know where...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:12 pm 

red hot robot wrote:
Mr. Slave's accessory is not a rat, but Lemmiwinks, king of the gerbils! (with a crown even)

yup, and he stuffs them up his but... like Richard Gere.

Excellent transactions with: zonrboy, wingnut80, haggard, iggy4mayor, tvdang, eghatch93, car,
Fifizzle, NinJaSkills (T), Ash_KBear (S), resuri (T), cublydolls, jtoki, CurseTheSeen, DrewJ (T), FericFanatic, zbakes, egg_robot (S)

Pending transactions: ~

J*RYU's Sanctum Dunny (King of the Boards)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:13 pm 

kiwi888 wrote:
Damn....complete set for 500+....on you know where...

yea but i can see that going way down. after seeing the case layouts i can see a whole set going for 300 once they do come out to the public.

thanks to Vapdee, Babyfreak6, Metatron1050, and Freakinkram88 for the Obey Dunnys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 pm 

xkaokaox wrote:
red hot robot wrote:

yup, and he stuffs them up his but... like Richard Gere.

Hahaha... That episode is too crazed! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:12 pm 

Wow...these ratios are crazy. lol @ the full set for 550 on ebay. Definitely not worth it.

Great Buyers: Paul, Eeekamouse, Drommerboy2, Tedmcintyre, Chapper, Tron
Great Sellers: TacoHerder, Kannaya24, FericFanatic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:13 pm 

I'll still be picking up a case or two. Favorite show ever. Can't resist. KRSF here I come!

Great transactions with: moss240, stylepiggy, FericFanatic, chrisosaur, NewAddictions, the_don, zonrboy (+), nimsu, chronic, Fielder UK (+), jennifirst, aBAYBAY, maxaltoman, Plur511, gmiddleswarth, broke4toys, Jackcuzzy, munkyman, CPISHONER, 4pkboy, yippee, jmf337, DrftDrgn21 (+), Riffbear, gwailo, eckotyper, ngoqa915, twentytwo, gonedaddyfinch, jonvespa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:49 pm 

Any body want to split a case? 7/7 the doubles and 2/2 for the chases(if this hold true to form) I want towlie and Professor Chaos and you can have Randy's Balls and Satan?

Holla at me

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=240247

Please help out if you can and please sign up! Tis the season!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:59 pm 

jamiemadrox wrote:
i at first wanted to get a case but now like many others don't want to. i thought about buying random ones at Urban Outfitters but after just having gone there an hour ago and looking at their street fighter, family guy, and simpsons 2 blindboxes, i noticed that they had all been opened on the bottom and sloppily glued back. looks like some of the employees have been busy. so i'm sure they will open the south park ones as well and feel for randy's balls and satan and towelie etc and leave only the commons so now i dont know where to buy them from. and like batman asked, will there be a discount for buying a case on this site?

seriously Kidrobot should have a better way of sealing these blind boxes to prevent people from opening and feeling them up to determine whats in it :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:07 pm 

idoblu wrote:
seriously Kidrobot should have a better way of sealing these blind boxes to prevent people from opening and feeling them up to determine whats in it :(
The boxes should be in a plastic shrink wrap with the KR logo imprinted on it.. that way you will know if it's been opened, and the store wouldn't be able to just wrap it back up themselves.

No KR logos, no sale!

Great transactions: Fplus, NikeJerk, mANNEe, doomsDAY, whitey, 0709, jose2187, 666ways2love, tobor2099, Amethystcape, code_66, saigonradio, zonnie5, skelve, DrftDrgn21, quentdiggy(trade), hypnotiq(trade), Flayle, krash, hodge, FloatingFish, Ronin3801, Sneakerhead1206, newbie626, subliminalghandi, johnnyxbot, sandee74, blue devil, FurleyGhost, Mereel
Muled for: freezah, supershallow, Fliptrickz916
Hook ups from: Nicocato, konfucious, foto junkaay **and a HUGE thanks to Sin91**

Looking for the following:
-Greg Simkins prints
-Coarse False Friends in Pain

My Sales/Trade Thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 am 

jamiemadrox wrote:

Found this out the hard way with the last Dunny 2011 I bought. Didn't notice the scotch tape at the bottom until I went to open it. Found out someone had opened it all the way, foil inside was open and all. Kronk bone missing. Could be an employee...could be a poacher...
I called Urban and told them what I'd found and they said just bring it back. Then it dawned on me, it's just that easy to buy 10,15, 20 of them from Urban go home open them see what you got keep the good ones and return the rest. Urban's return policy you'd get your money back or a store credit at least. I'm lucky to live in NYC where there are several reputable shops and a KR store and I won't be going to Urban unless I'm looking for commons...I'm sure they've got them all! :lol:
No real way of combating it except for getting there first. Good luck!

Great Transactions: deltron77, ern3stoo, HiCeeVee(x3), luckyscrm, HeyJB, tsoli727, xshezx, nookbrooke, syx, brownfaux, thisguymatt, trunger, theOutlaw, Freakinkram88, rosstamicahdesign, brandonb5269, kurtgrindcore1, Evil0ne, bigdaddyh, c.feng
Pending: dunnydroppings, JaLeo, dunnyjake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 am 

This is Vinyl will be offering South Park Minis at 11 am.

As always - free shipping on purchases over $100 and free of sales tax outside of Texas.

Thanks,
Nick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 am 

Lol how come there's a whole bunch of open boxes already selling at eBay? Even complete sets! :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:36 am 

Looking at the picture on the Bay of the entire set really makes me question the fact that they included Mr. Slave in the first release. I figured they would go for characters featured more towards the beginning of the show. He just looks out of place. I also think Professor Chaos could have been saved for another series if it goes that far. Terrence and Phillip would have been great choices imo to replace P. Chaos and Mr. Slave. Just a thought. Jesus maybe would have been a good pick as well.

Anyways... sorry if old and already discussed.

On another note, I'm hoping down the line we'll get this figure.

Great transactions with: moss240, stylepiggy, FericFanatic, chrisosaur, NewAddictions, the_don, zonrboy (+), nimsu, chronic, Fielder UK (+), jennifirst, aBAYBAY, maxaltoman, Plur511, gmiddleswarth, broke4toys, Jackcuzzy, munkyman, CPISHONER, 4pkboy, yippee, jmf337, DrftDrgn21 (+), Riffbear, gwailo, eckotyper, ngoqa915, twentytwo, gonedaddyfinch, jonvespa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2414 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 97  Next