forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:49 am 

Jimmyb1982 wrote:
How do other people - specifically UK collectors - feel though about the prices of the medium figures? This one was £45, and when I compare it to the likes of Hedonismbot, which wasn't much different in terms of quality and was more like £30 at release, I find a 50% increase over 2 and a bit years a little hard to stomach.

Yes, difficult to stomach, but I'm sure the post BREXIT exchange rate is mostly responsible for the price hike.

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:37 am 

Does anybody have any case layouts for the FBW series?

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:11 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:

Anyone? Wanting to know whether a GID Mysterion is guranteed? I'm splitting a case with a friend.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:23 pm 

Sorry Hankey, I got a complete set from the get go.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:33 pm 

Hed, did you buy a case?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm 

Nope I bought a complete set from ebay which is why I couldn't help you with the layout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:31 pm 

hed568 wrote:
Nope I bought a complete set from ebay which is why I couldn't help you with the layout.

I see. I wonder what the layouts are? You reckon they are similar to the 'Faces of Cartman' series; in other words, very similar?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:27 am 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:

Anyone? Wanting to know whether a GID Mysterion is guranteed? I'm splitting a case with a friend.

Hi I bought a sealed FBW case off eBay in the states and there wasn't a GID Mysterion in it, so I had to purchase it separately, so no it's not guaranteed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:13 pm 

Ssuk100 wrote:
I bought a sealed FBW case off eBay in the states and there wasn't a GID Mysterion in it, so I had to purchase it separately, so no it's not guaranteed.

Do you happen to remember the layout? If you do, posting it would be great. I need to know roughly what we'll be able to get between us.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 am 

I just found a six inch glow in the dark Mysterion at Best Buy. When did those get put out? And is there also a glow-in-the-dark 6-inch coon somewhere?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:16 am 

They release the GID same time they did that three pack for Coon, Professor and Mysterion as well. I have been debating picking up as I have not snagged my coon/mysterion yet from the small, and I have the GID chaos sooo

I haven't seen a GID coon though, but could be closer to the fractured game release in October now.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 3:18 am 

I just might pick up the 7 inch GID mysterious. It is supposed to be a BBY exclusive. And it is on sale for $37.99

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 am 

It's been a shame to see this forum become so quiet over the past 2 years or so... when you guys started posting again over past couple of weeks, it was refreshing, but I know it will fizzle out in a few days.

I only collect the licensed figures. South Park Series 1 was the thing that first got me into KR. I know a lot of the oldschool KR people don't like the licensed stuff, but it's a bit silly considering that the licensed figures probably keep the company alive... anyway, that said, I've been thinking over the past few weeks about creating a KidRobot discussion group on FB, purely for the licensed figure collectors. Would anyone be interested in joining? There's already a KR Buy Sell Trade Group, but this group would be purely aimed at licensed figures, and no sales. Effectively, it will act as a replacement for what we do on the forums, plus, it's more dynamic, allowing us to share a lot more info on upcoming releases, post photos more easily, and not have to operate around this outdated, clunky format.

I've had good times chatting on this forum, but I think it's time to move on...

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:39 am 

Feel the same way, 1.5 year ago there was so many posts to the point now if i wonder if another site has come up for the vinyl hobby front. I also collect prints as well, and the energy on espresso bean forum is crazy, and where the majority of time is spent (well forum time :O).

I don't use FB but the overall idea is a great one to hopefully get the energy back into this space.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 am 

Let's make the forums great again!
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:59 am 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

Why don't you join in. I'm sure I've seen that you have a FB profile, Guru?

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:31 pm 

Git it on sale with a $5 rewards certificate

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:42 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
It's been a shame to see this forum become so quiet over the past 2 years or so... when you guys started posting again over past couple of weeks, it was refreshing, but I know it will fizzle out in a few days.

I only collect the licensed figures. South Park Series 1 was the thing that first got me into KR. I know a lot of the oldschool KR people don't like the licensed stuff, but it's a bit silly considering that the licensed figures probably keep the company alive... anyway, that said, I've been thinking over the past few weeks about creating a KidRobot discussion group on FB, purely for the licensed figure collectors. Would anyone be interested in joining? There's already a KR Buy Sell Trade Group, but this group would be purely aimed at licensed figures, and no sales. Effectively, it will act as a replacement for what we do on the forums, plus, it's more dynamic, allowing us to share a lot more info on upcoming releases, post photos more easily, and not have to operate around this outdated, clunky format.

I've had good times chatting on this forum, but I think it's time to move on...

I'm a licensed guy too

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:22 am 

hed568 wrote:
I'm a licensed guy too

Would you be up for joining, maybe even moderating?

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:23 am 

I don't think I will have the time. I don't have FB either.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:42 am 

hed568 wrote:
I don't think I will have the time. I don't have FB either.

No worries, Hed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:31 am 

is that mysterion only at best buy?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:16 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:

Facebook is the devil. :evil:

We've got some plans up our sleeve for this place. Like I said earlier, let's make the forums great again!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:19 pm 

Considering there's so much history here and it's much less toxic than Facebook, how about leading new collectors here from Facebook by linking the forums on FB? ;)

I think I'm going to start doing that on the regular. 8)

#maketheboardsgreatagain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:33 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:

Facebook is the devil. :evil:

We've got some plans up our sleeve for this place. Like I said earlier, let's make the forums great again!!

Had a good chat with Noel this morning. He filled me in on your plans with regards to the forums; I'm fully on board. My suggestion of a FB group was purely to keep the community alive. I was just afraid, given consistent decline in forum participation over the past few years, that people would abandon ship (although I think many have). FB seemed to me a more logical step in order to keep the community alive.

Hopefully you can deliver. I'll support you all the way, and I'm sure most people here will. I think the most important thing is to expose the higher ups at Kidrobot to forum feedback... this forum is effectively free market research for KR; they'd be stupid not to take advantage. I get the impression KR is a little to corporate and sterile to bother listening to its customers...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next