Kidrobot X South Park

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Mr. Hankey

Re: Kidrobot X South Park

Post by Mr. Hankey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:49 am

Jimmyb1982 wrote:How do other people - specifically UK collectors - feel though about the prices of the medium figures? This one was £45, and when I compare it to the likes of Hedonismbot, which wasn't much different in terms of quality and was more like £30 at release, I find a 50% increase over 2 and a bit years a little hard to stomach.
Yes, difficult to stomach, but I'm sure the post BREXIT exchange rate is mostly responsible for the price hike.

UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:37 am

Does anybody have any case layouts for the FBW series?
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Mr. Hankey wrote:Does anybody have any case layouts for the FBW series?
Anyone? Wanting to know whether a GID Mysterion is guranteed? I'm splitting a case with a friend.

hed568

Post by hed568 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Sorry Hankey, I got a complete set from the get go.
=)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Hed, did you buy a case?

hed568

Post by hed568 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Nope I bought a complete set from ebay which is why I couldn't help you with the layout.
=)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:31 pm

hed568 wrote:Nope I bought a complete set from ebay which is why I couldn't help you with the layout.
I see. I wonder what the layouts are? You reckon they are similar to the 'Faces of Cartman' series; in other words, very similar?

Ssuk100

Post by Ssuk100 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:27 am

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:Does anybody have any case layouts for the FBW series?
Anyone? Wanting to know whether a GID Mysterion is guranteed? I'm splitting a case with a friend.
Hi I bought a sealed FBW case off eBay in the states and there wasn't a GID Mysterion in it, so I had to purchase it separately, so no it's not guaranteed.

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Ssuk100 wrote: I bought a sealed FBW case off eBay in the states and there wasn't a GID Mysterion in it, so I had to purchase it separately, so no it's not guaranteed.
Do you happen to remember the layout? If you do, posting it would be great. I need to know roughly what we'll be able to get between us.

jeffbayard

Post by jeffbayard » Sat May 20, 2017 9:48 am

I just found a six inch glow in the dark Mysterion at Best Buy. When did those get put out? And is there also a glow-in-the-dark 6-inch coon somewhere?
I'm really looking for this guy. 2016 NYCC Jerome Smorkin' Monger Superman Edition. If you've got one, or know where I can find one, PLEEAAASSSEEE hit me up!
Splendid trades/transactions with:Pezhead23, JHamrick, spoileralert, dupper, endo24, ak4play, donkeykonk

VenomAT

Post by VenomAT » Sun May 21, 2017 8:16 am

They release the GID same time they did that three pack for Coon, Professor and Mysterion as well. I have been debating picking up as I have not snagged my coon/mysterion yet from the small, and I have the GID chaos sooo

I haven't seen a GID coon though, but could be closer to the fractured game release in October now.

hed568

Post by hed568 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:18 am

I just might pick up the 7 inch GID mysterious. It is supposed to be a BBY exclusive. And it is on sale for $37.99
=)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Fri May 26, 2017 2:09 am

It's been a shame to see this forum become so quiet over the past 2 years or so... when you guys started posting again over past couple of weeks, it was refreshing, but I know it will fizzle out in a few days.

I only collect the licensed figures. South Park Series 1 was the thing that first got me into KR. I know a lot of the oldschool KR people don't like the licensed stuff, but it's a bit silly considering that the licensed figures probably keep the company alive... anyway, that said, I've been thinking over the past few weeks about creating a KidRobot discussion group on FB, purely for the licensed figure collectors. Would anyone be interested in joining? There's already a KR Buy Sell Trade Group, but this group would be purely aimed at licensed figures, and no sales. Effectively, it will act as a replacement for what we do on the forums, plus, it's more dynamic, allowing us to share a lot more info on upcoming releases, post photos more easily, and not have to operate around this outdated, clunky format.

I've had good times chatting on this forum, but I think it's time to move on...

VenomAT

Post by VenomAT » Fri May 26, 2017 9:39 am

Feel the same way, 1.5 year ago there was so many posts to the point now if i wonder if another site has come up for the vinyl hobby front. I also collect prints as well, and the energy on espresso bean forum is crazy, and where the majority of time is spent (well forum time :O).

I don't use FB but the overall idea is a great one to hopefully get the energy back into this space.

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Fri May 26, 2017 9:56 am

Let's make the forums great again!
:lol:

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Fri May 26, 2017 9:59 am

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Let's make the forums great again!
Why don't you join in. I'm sure I've seen that you have a FB profile, Guru?

hed568

Post by hed568 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Git it on sale with a $5 rewards certificate

=)

hed568

Post by hed568 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Mr. Hankey wrote:It's been a shame to see this forum become so quiet over the past 2 years or so... when you guys started posting again over past couple of weeks, it was refreshing, but I know it will fizzle out in a few days.

I only collect the licensed figures. South Park Series 1 was the thing that first got me into KR. I know a lot of the oldschool KR people don't like the licensed stuff, but it's a bit silly considering that the licensed figures probably keep the company alive... anyway, that said, I've been thinking over the past few weeks about creating a KidRobot discussion group on FB, purely for the licensed figure collectors. Would anyone be interested in joining? There's already a KR Buy Sell Trade Group, but this group would be purely aimed at licensed figures, and no sales. Effectively, it will act as a replacement for what we do on the forums, plus, it's more dynamic, allowing us to share a lot more info on upcoming releases, post photos more easily, and not have to operate around this outdated, clunky format.

I've had good times chatting on this forum, but I think it's time to move on...
I'm a licensed guy too
=)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Fri May 26, 2017 10:22 pm

hed568 wrote:I'm a licensed guy too
Would you be up for joining, maybe even moderating?

hed568

Post by hed568 » Sat May 27, 2017 12:23 am

I don't think I will have the time. I don't have FB either.
=)

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Sat May 27, 2017 12:42 am

hed568 wrote:I don't think I will have the time. I don't have FB either.
No worries, Hed.

TheCoon

Post by TheCoon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 am

is that mysterion only at best buy?

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:16 am

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Facebook is the devil. :evil:

We've got some plans up our sleeve for this place. Like I said earlier, let's make the forums great again!!

Kidrobot Guru

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:19 am

Considering there's so much history here and it's much less toxic than Facebook, how about leading new collectors here from Facebook by linking the forums on FB? ;)

I think I'm going to start doing that on the regular. 8)

#maketheboardsgreatagain

Mr. Hankey

Post by Mr. Hankey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:33 am

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:
Facebook is the devil. :evil:

We've got some plans up our sleeve for this place. Like I said earlier, let's make the forums great again!!
Had a good chat with Noel this morning. He filled me in on your plans with regards to the forums; I'm fully on board. My suggestion of a FB group was purely to keep the community alive. I was just afraid, given consistent decline in forum participation over the past few years, that people would abandon ship (although I think many have). FB seemed to me a more logical step in order to keep the community alive.

Hopefully you can deliver. I'll support you all the way, and I'm sure most people here will. I think the most important thing is to expose the higher ups at Kidrobot to forum feedback... this forum is effectively free market research for KR; they'd be stupid not to take advantage. I get the impression KR is a little to corporate and sterile to bother listening to its customers...