Simpsons X Kidrobot

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

User avatar
hed568
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 am
Location: california - bay area

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by hed568 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:04 am

Wait for fleabay to get flooded right after sdcc...


=)

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Alright folks, get ready!!

I have some super secret special news coming this way real real real soon. You're definitely going to want to stay tuned. This news is ONLY going to be available on the forums.

It will be totally worth the wait, I promise!!

:shock: 8)

VenomAT
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 am

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by VenomAT » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Alright folks, get ready!!

I have some super secret special news coming this way real real real soon. You're definitely going to want to stay tuned. This news is ONLY going to be available on the forums.

It will be totally worth the wait, I promise!!

:shock: 8)
Oooo nice!!!!

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:30 pm

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Kidrobot’s karma must be good because for one day only, Friday June 23rd on Kidrobot.com we will be releasing a limited run of the mini Homer Buddha… in jade! Courtesy of our close friends at I Am Retro, Kidrobot is able to offer you your favorite character “carved” in Jade for all your zen needs. Mark your calendars and leave yoga early for the opportunity to be one of the few to have this find! This news ONLY being announced on these forums, so I hope you all feel very very special right about now. 8)

Image

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:14 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Kidrobot’s karma must be good because for one day only, Friday June 23rd on Kidrobot.com we will be releasing a limited run of the mini Homer Buddha… in jade! Courtesy of our close friends at I Am Retro, Kidrobot is able to offer you your favorite character “carved” in Jade for all your zen needs. Mark your calendars and leave yoga early for the opportunity to be one of the few to have this find! This news ONLY being announced on these forums, so I hope you all feel very very special right about now. 8)

Image
What about all the people who live in the UK?
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!

Kidrobot’s karma must be good because for one day only, Friday June 23rd on Kidrobot.com we will be releasing a limited run of the mini Homer Buddha… in jade! Courtesy of our close friends at I Am Retro, Kidrobot is able to offer you your favorite character “carved” in Jade for all your zen needs. Mark your calendars and leave yoga early for the opportunity to be one of the few to have this find! This news ONLY being announced on these forums, so I hope you all feel very very special right about now. 8)

Image
What about all the people who live in the UK?
It will be available on kidrobot.com on June 23rd or through I Am Retro after that. This is an exclusive and will only be available through those two channels. Both Kidrobot.com and I Am Retro ship to the UK!

93matt
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by 93matt » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 pm

It looks nice but there's only so many variants of the same thing you can get excited by.

User avatar
hed568
Posts: 2634
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:57 am
Location: california - bay area

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by hed568 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Is the price still $14.99?
=)

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:59 am

Guru, what's the figure limited to? Have you got a number? Or is it only limited on the KR website?
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
dave_patch
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by dave_patch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:09 am

So.... there is a $20 minimum order for international orders on KR.com.
Guru, can we buy 2 of these green Buddhas at once?
If so, who would like to go 50/50 on the order cost plus postage from me to you in the UK?
My Collection Trapmt

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:24 am

dave_patch wrote:So.... there is a $20 minimum order for international orders on KR.com.
Guru, can we buy 2 of these green Buddhas at once?
If so, who would like to go 50/50 on the order cost plus postage from me to you in the UK?
How are they with custom declarations etc? I'd happily go in with you, but it may be wiser to go through I AM RETRO; if you do, I'll probably go in with you on a bulk order with a few other UK collectors...
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
noeleaser
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by noeleaser » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:43 am

93matt wrote:It looks nice but there's only so many variants of the same thing you can get excited by.
I beg to differ..

I collect sofubi/kaiju toys in addition to KR toys and I've got multiple, sometimes dozens of the same sculpt in different vinyl pours and paint applications..

The jade looks dope, I'll be in line.. Oh wait.. :p
Collection Pics
Trampt Profile
Instagram
For Trade
For Sale


"Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage..."
- William S. Burroughs

User avatar
dave_patch
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by dave_patch » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:45 am

Mr. Hankey wrote:
dave_patch wrote:So.... there is a $20 minimum order for international orders on KR.com.
Guru, can we buy 2 of these green Buddhas at once?
If so, who would like to go 50/50 on the order cost plus postage from me to you in the UK?
How are they with custom declarations etc? I'd happily go in with you, but it may be wiser to go through I AM RETRO; if you do, I'll probably go in with you on a bulk order with a few other UK collectors...
They are OK, they use a courier that bypasses that. I've contacted I Am Retro too!
I'll keep you posted!
My Collection Trapmt

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:27 am

Would love to know the edition size if possible...
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:03 am

Mr. Hankey wrote:Would love to know the edition size if possible...
If this info is being released, I will post it ASAP.

No need to continue to ask, it's been noted! ;)

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:08 am

Almost time!!

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:23 am

Kidrobot Guru wrote:Almost time!!
Hammer Time?
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
dave_patch
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by dave_patch » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 am

OK UK peeps!

I've been speaking to Omar at I Am Retro and he's happy to ship a bulk order of the green Buddha Homers for me to post on.

PM me if you'd like one and I'll confirm costs etc once I know a final shipping price from him.


Edit: here are links to threads in the for sale/UK sales forums.

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=256624

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=256623
My Collection Trapmt

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

VenomAT
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:20 am

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by VenomAT » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:20 am

Mr. Hankey wrote:
Kidrobot Guru wrote:Almost time!!
Hammer Time?
info.......

User avatar
dave_patch
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by dave_patch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:11 am

dave_patch wrote:OK UK peeps!

I've been speaking to Omar at I Am Retro and he's happy to ship a bulk order of the green Buddha Homers for me to post on.

PM me if you'd like one and I'll confirm costs etc once I know a final shipping price from him.


Edit: here are links to threads in the for sale/UK sales forums.

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=256624

http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=256623
I'll take that as a 'no' then?! :( :lol:
My Collection Trapmt

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

User avatar
Mr. Hankey
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Mr. Hankey » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:23 am

dave_patch wrote:I'll take that as a 'no' then?! :( :lol:
Not a strict 'no' from me yet, Dave, but not a definite 'yes'. Need a little more info on the figure before I drop money on it. Been a bit hesitant to jump on the band wagon with these 'limited exclusives'; KR are very vague (I think purposefully). I don't want to import something before I know some more details.

Also, what's the deal regarding import fees and charges? How much will shipping cost? Etc.

I appreciate the offer, as it was something I wanted to organise, so helps having someone else up for it!
UK COLLECTOR LOOKING TO BUY - PM me if you have any to sell/trade (UK sellers preferred):
  • The Simpsons (all series)
  • South Park (all series)

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

User avatar
dave_patch
Posts: 349
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by dave_patch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 am

I've used Omar a lot over the last few years, bought 4 or 5 cases and some one offs too.
He tries his best to mark the package under the custom amount for me but there is always a risk it will get caught.

A handful of these should get through fine I'd hope! We'd then split the shipping (around $14 I think) too, saving money.
My Collection Trapmt

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

User avatar
Kidrobot Guru
Posts: 13255
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:13 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am

These are totally going to sell out on KR.com today, don't sleep!!

badgerx23
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 3:18 pm

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by badgerx23 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:40 am

Yep. all gone. Only 1500 left at Iamretro

User avatar
Oisterboy
Posts: 898
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:11 pm
Location: CNY

Re: Kidrobot Simpsons Series 3

Post by Oisterboy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Definitely in on this. Just got the gold one cheap from loot crate so perfect timing.

Is this clear? Is it vinyl? It looks really shiny and translucent.

Post Reply