forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:31 pm 

Managed to score some eventually!

The I Am Retro site was crashing for fun earlier.

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:57 pm 

dave_patch wrote:
Managed to score some eventually!

The I Am Retro site was crashing for fun earlier.

Been trying since announcement to get access to I AM Retro and all I am getting is errors, getting mighty frustrated. I would have just done the kidrobot site but had meetings I could not skip.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:13 pm 

:(

Took me over an hour on a laptop, phone and iPod!
I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:17 pm 

Maybe this is resin.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:26 pm 

If you can't get on the I Am Retro site today, these will be available until they sell out.

I would definitely keep trying. Maybe call and see if you can place a phone order with them?

Good luck!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:40 am 

For those interested, iamretro.com seems to be back to normal and the Buddhas are still available!

Good luck everyone! :D

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:50 pm 

Finally got one. Inspired me to go grab the gold buddha version no ebay so I can have all three side by side with the OG original 7inch behind them,.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:50 am 

Glad you managed to get one! :D

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:28 am 

Well this comes from left field... https://www.thetoychronicle.com/wip/7in ... -kidrobot/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:44 am 

93matt wrote:

Money for old rope...

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick
SPECIAL BOARDIES: halfapparition (2016 SDCC Mule)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:56 am 

Meh..... May pick it up eventually but not fussed about rushing on this at all.

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:28 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
93matt wrote:

Money for old rope...

All I want is a 7inch Funzo. Any colour one will do. This is just a strange choice.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:48 pm 

SHABBADOO wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:
93matt wrote:

Money for old rope...

All I want is a 7inch Funzo. Any colour one will do. This is just a strange choice.

That's a good idea. It'd be like your own real life Funzo!

SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTION WITH: bluechris1006, Itsonlyme, Vinyl fan, subliminalghandi, headclick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:51 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
93matt wrote:

Money for old rope...

Spot on. Not really interested in buying the same figures in a bigger sizes ad nauseum - where's the creativity, KR?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:02 am 

Jimmyb1982 wrote:
Mr. Hankey wrote:
93matt wrote:

Money for old rope...

Spot on. Not really interested in buying the same figures in a bigger sizes ad nauseum - where's the creativity, KR?

That's exactly it. There's a keychain set, a 3" set and two 7" coming out in the next 6-12 months and we may only end up with Sam and Larry being the only new and original characters. With so many classic characters still not represented it's hard to stay motivated for the line at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:50 am 

93matt wrote:
That's exactly it. There's a keychain set, a 3" set and two 7" coming out in the next 6-12 months and we may only end up with Sam and Larry being the only new and original characters. With so many classic characters still not represented it's hard to stay motivated for the line at all.

Good point(s). The creativity is severely lacking on KR's point. These upcoming releases seem to be mainly aimed at drawing in new comers to KR, not rewarding the existing customer base who have invested their money since series 1. There is a way to appeal to both markets, but I feel KR is not too fussed about the existing customers, only the new comers.

I don't mind KR re-releasing characters that have already made appearances in previous series, but it really annoys me when the designs are so incredibly similar. This appears to be the case with the upcoming 'Moe's Tavern' series; its lazy release; again, its money for old rope; I don't feel the slight designs tweaks to pre-existing characters are enough justify a purchase for existing collectors. Theres a way of appealing to both markets...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:33 pm 

Mr. Hankey wrote:
93matt wrote:

Good point(s). The creativity is severely lacking on KR's point. These upcoming releases seem to be mainly aimed at drawing in new comers to KR, not rewarding the existing customer base who have invested their money since series 1. There is a way to appeal to both markets, but I feel KR is not too fussed about the existing customers, only the new comers.

I don't mind KR re-releasing characters that have already made appearances in previous series, but it really annoys me when the designs are so incredibly similar. This appears to be the case with the upcoming 'Moe's Tavern' series; its lazy release; again, its money for old rope; I don't feel the slight designs tweaks to pre-existing characters are enough justify a purchase for existing collectors. Theres a way of appealing to both markets...

This isn't even a good choice to get new fans/collectors involved, I like devil Flanders but there are a ton of more iconic characters that would have attracted new customers. "I am evil Homer" with maracas would have been a better option and wouldn't require much tweaking. I can even understand re-using old character designs but if it's a cost cutting measure at least use a character you can get multiple designs out of (i.e. Mr.Sparkle). I'd have bought multiple diff. colour Funzos. How hard would it be for KR to poll the forums for ideas for new releases or even rereleases.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:34 pm 

The Toy Chronicle has a post up about a 3" Mr. Sparkle coming in the style of the stand-alone 7" version that was already made. They mention that the vectors look like they don't have the Mr. Sparkle base (don't really get why) but I can't find the post where they saw these vectors. Does anyone know what they're talking about or where to find them? I'm not too into licensed stuff anymore, but this would be one of those pieces I just gotta get.

Also, I'm not sure if collectors would like this, but I think it'd be dope if the Mr. Sparkle box/base and smoke cloud were chases if they are not going to include them in the main design (either as two separate blinds [depending on if they're big enough to warrant their own box, which I doubt] or one blind, but they're two pieces that fit together, so the Mr. Sparkle box and smoke in the same box). It'd be even more dope if they had variations on each Mr. Sparkle head like they did for the 25th anniversary series, as well as variations for the design of and smoke so that you could mix and match.

Edit: it's actually up as a pre-order already, I guess that nixes my idea.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:28 am 

bernando2 wrote:
The Toy Chronicle has a post up about a 3" Mr. Sparkle coming in the style of the stand-alone 7" version that was already made. They mention that the vectors look like they don't have the Mr. Sparkle base (don't really get why) but I can't find the post where they saw these vectors. Does anyone know what they're talking about or where to find them? I'm not too into licensed stuff anymore, but this would be one of those pieces I just gotta get.

Also, I'm not sure if collectors would like this, but I think it'd be dope if the Mr. Sparkle box/base and smoke cloud were chases if they are not going to include them in the main design (either as two separate blinds [depending on if they're big enough to warrant their own box, which I doubt] or one blind, but they're two pieces that fit together, so the Mr. Sparkle box and smoke in the same box). It'd be even more dope if they had variations on each Mr. Sparkle head like they did for the 25th anniversary series, as well as variations for the design of and smoke so that you could mix and match.

Edit: it's actually up as a pre-order already, I guess that nixes my idea.

It's a great figure and will sell well (I already know I'll get one as a gift, as the 7" price was too steep) but the sudden flurry of Simpsons products certainly seems a bit odd.

The THOH re-release set is now available at Popcultcha in Aus so should be out in America soon too. Definitely a confirmed re-release too, not old stock. They only got 10 cases worth and the major distributor here is their parent company so doesn't seem like there is too much going round but still.

I like your idea there too, bernando2. Would at least make for a bit of variety but we're probably just getting the gold/silver/kaiju variants again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 am 

I'm interested in seeing the 3" Mr Sparkles.
If they are a smaller version of the 7" then couldn't these have been included in the 25th Anniversary series?

Also, what is everyone's opinion on the Jade Buddha, I love him!

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:07 am 

dave_patch wrote:
I'm interested in seeing the 3" Mr Sparkles.
If they are a smaller version of the 7" then couldn't these have been included in the 25th Anniversary series?

Also, what is everyone's opinion on the Jade Buddha, I love him!

It will be the same as the 7". Should've definitely been in the 25th set instead but who am I kidding, I'm a sucker for anything Mr. Sparkle at this price point. Not sure whether they'll stick with the same box design or do another window display like they've been doing lately.

Has anyone opened cases from the THOH reissue? Started seeing them in stores in Aus now

Edit: FYI iamretro only have 42 Jade's left so they won't last long.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:20 pm 

I still haven't opened mines from the window box.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 am 

I have the jade, gold and OG 3 inch homer buddah all lined up on my desk at work :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm 

VenomAT wrote:
I have the jade, gold and OG 3 inch homer buddah all lined up on my desk at work :)

Nice work! :D

And Hed, that's fair enough. I thought it was odd the window box was sealed like a BB. I presumed it would just open/close at the top and bottom. Ah well....

Great Boardies:

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:12 pm 

dave_patch wrote:
VenomAT wrote:

Nice work! :D

And Hed, that's fair enough. I thought it was odd the window box was sealed like a BB. I presumed it would just open/close at the top and bottom. Ah well....

I thought the sam too, Dave!

Anyway, finally got to display both Jade Homer Buddha and the SDCC MR Sparkle.

Here is a quick update:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134  Next