forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:02 pm 

Hello Again, people! Been a WHILE since I posted on here - almost 2 years exactly.

Still can't believe KR never made a Professor Farnsworth....unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:43 pm 

Yeah disappointing. Funko did one to fill the gap, but I know it's not the same.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:48 pm 

Never say never though... KR seems to be experiencing a rebirth with all the cool stuff coming out lately

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:22 pm 

True - I would flip out if FUTURAMA Series 3 ever became a reality....

Hell, even a KR Professor one-off 3-inch figure would be AMAZING.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:35 pm 

Oisterboy wrote:
Yeah disappointing. Funko did one to fill the gap, but I know it's not the same.

I feel like this was the series that got so close to perfection with its range of characters....

The Funko one looks really good as it goes though; the main problem is the sizing, as it is sits a bit awkwardly between the 3" and 6" KR stuff in a display. Generally though the rest of the series looks a bit weak - certainly compared to the KR - whilst it was definitely a shame they didn't have some differing characters.

If there isn't going to be a full series, travesty as that will be, I think a 6" Robot Santa would still be ace.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:19 pm 

Jimmyb1982 wrote:
Oisterboy wrote:

If there isn't going to be a full series, travesty as that will be, I think a 6" Robot Santa would still be ace.

Toynami have a pretty nice 6" Robot Santa (and my personal favourite, the head of Richard Nixon) if KR never revive the line, but seeing how kickrump The Lich turned out, a Robot Santa would be amazing.

Also, just letting everyone know that I was looking at the wrong box when I said Lootcrate has a Futurama hoodie this month. The regular box has a Futurama 'collectible', and they have hinted at a ship replica Image in one of the ads. There's only a couple of days until the cutoff, but I'll probably get it since the only other Futurama ship was from Moore Collectibles and goes for crazy money.

Image Here's an updated pic of my collection after the latest pickups.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:14 pm 

Last month I went to the LA improv to see the cast Futurama reenact famous bloopers from celebrities. I took my Hypnotoad and wooden Bender just for the helluvit, not really expecting anything special to happen. But Matt Groening was in the audience. He got swarmed by fans so I wasn't able to get a sketch but I got a good portion of the cast to sign hypnotoad (Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, John Dimaggio, David x Cohen and Matt Groening.) and John Dimaggio signed bender, carefully diagramming his splintery wooden rump.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:02 pm 

Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:05 am 

Nicknards wrote:
Last month I went to the LA improv to see the cast Futurama reenact famous bloopers from celebrities. I took my Hypnotoad and wooden Bender just for the helluvit, not really expecting anything special to happen. But Matt Groening was in the audience. He got swarmed by fans so I wasn't able to get a sketch but I got a good portion of the cast to sign hypnotoad (Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, John Dimaggio, David x Cohen and Matt Groening.) and John Dimaggio signed bender, carefully diagramming his splintery wooden rump.

Dude epic epic epic thx for sharing! Great to see good things happen to a great boardie that has helped me acquire a peice or two in my day

:rock: nick love to get my wooden be set that treatment... Sounds like the show was great

VapDee/spoileralert, MattPower, DannyWilkes, Mightygrinch, nonamer, Scrow, Dupper, starkravinmad, Nothing371, Rageous, MPeck86, MightyGrinch, skull boy, xbtran, therealchinaman, Freakinkram88, Crash Fistfight, JFactor, hypnotiq, brai aka slacker370z, Chamber37, syx, si41872002

Wants:
World hunger to be over

TRAMPT http://trampt.com/users/Ak4play/info

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:39 pm 

EvRoKo wrote:
True - I would flip out if FUTURAMA Series 3 ever became a reality....

Hell, even a KR Professor one-off 3-inch figure would be AMAZING.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13 ... nav_search

I got a custom professor (and Preacherbot) and it was awesome, but I wouldn't be satisfied until Kidrobot made literally every single character ever in the history of the show.

Please Kidrobot, do a series 3.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:34 am 

Picked this up on a local version of Craigslist. Was the common 6" Zoidberg with A/U feet a fairly common error? A neat find for $20 regardless, especially since Billy is doing a local con in November.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:45 am 

The feet is supposed to be body color. The one in your pic belongs to a sdcc variant it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:04 am 

Anyone looking to buy a full set of futurama? Have full series 1 + full series 2 + 6 inches of; wood bender, zoidberg, sdcc zoidberg, nibbler, robot devil, hedonism bot, hypnotoad. Looking to sell as a set, will not piece out.

Great mules: 666ways2love, dimply_gecko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:30 pm 

I'm just here to say I too am hopeful for a series 3 someday.

Just wanted you to know that, "Kidrobot Powers-that-be". :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:49 pm 

We still need to see the Professor.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:23 am 

aesop wrote:
6 inches of; wood

Huuuhh huuhh huuuhh (bevis & butthead style)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:53 pm 

If anyone's after the 6" for fairly cheap, Mintyfresh have 25% off KR and still have Zoidy, Robot Devil and Hedonism Bot in stock KIDROBOGO25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 am 

I've just seen that Entertainment Earth has a third series of Futurama up for pre-order... and then been monumentally blown away as to how unimaginative it is - consists almost entirely of re-releases from the first two series, and other than Zapp in a dressing gown, the only other mildly interesting ones are repaints of what basically amounts to the same sculpts.

Even the inclusion of a Professor Farnsworth would have redeemed this but, my, what a lazy release.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:36 am 

Jimmyb1982 wrote:
I've just seen that Entertainment Earth has a third series of Futurama up for pre-order... and then been monumentally blown away as to how unimaginative it is - consists almost entirely of re-releases from the first two series, and other than Zapp in a dressing gown, the only other mildly interesting ones are repaints of what basically amounts to the same sculpts.

Even the inclusion of a Professor Farnsworth would have redeemed this but, my, what a lazy release.

Just checked this out. I mean really?! Every figure in the set has been released before. 2 Frys, 2 Leelas, 3 Benders...
I presume the chase will be gold Bender.

There are also ‘new’ 6”ers of Nibbler and Hyponotoad... :roll:

Great Boardies:
harleyyydent ~ apeboy ~ JayJayFool ~ NewAddiction ~ kiwi888 ~ 0mie
turbobert ~ phat_ox ~ jollybungle ~ LeCee ~ KingBongo ~ SHABBADOO ~ Mr. Hankey

Special Thanks:
rusty ~ SDCC Mule 2012
halfapparition ~ For Your Efforts At SDCC 2013
AnonymousZC ~ A True Gent!
666ways2love ~ SDCC Mule 2015, 2016 & 2017

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:32 am 

I've been staring at my screen so lost for words with frustration that I was automatically logged out. I came to the game after they lost the license, bought 4 cases from Aus at full retail price to finally hit the Hyperchicken on my 80th box. I cannot imagine how frustrated those people who paid crazy amounts for a Robot Devil (1:6 cases by memory) or Slurms feel seeing them on the lineup. It's like KR saw the Mysterion debacle and decided that all fans of their licensed work deserve that treatment.

Pretty sure this is the end for me with KR. The forum may be extremely quiet now, but I got so much great information and help here when I first started out. Hope there's actual good news around the corner.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:37 am 

Quote:
I've been staring at my screen so lost for words with frustration that I was automatically logged out. I came to the game after they lost the license, bought 4 cases from Aus at full retail price to finally hit the Hyperchicken on my 80th box. I cannot imagine how frustrated those people who paid crazy amounts for a Robot Devil (1:6 cases by memory) or Slurms feel seeing them on the lineup. It's like KR saw the Mysterion debacle and decided that all fans of their licensed work deserve that treatment.

Pretty sure this is the end for me with KR. The forum may be extremely quiet now, but I got so much great information and help here when I first started out. Hope there's actual good news around the corner.

I agree with this. The odds of some of the rerelease characters (if they’re the same) mean you could buy a case of these and only get 8 unique characters. Calculon 1/40, Slurms ?/??, Hedonism Bot 1/96 and Robot Devil 1/96. That’s new collectors. For people that have collected every other series there’s 4 new “characters” which are just repainted versions of ones we’ve already got!

Even though it’s bascially a meme at this point how have they still not released the professor!!?!?! They didn’t even release all of the alternate universe characters AND they made gold Bender the chase.

Disgraceful

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:52 pm 

SHABBADOO wrote:
Quote:

I agree with this. The odds of some of the rerelease characters (if they’re the same) mean you could buy a case of these and only get 8 unique characters. Calculon 1/40, Slurms ?/??, Hedonism Bot 1/96 and Robot Devil 1/96. That’s new collectors. For people that have collected every other series there’s 4 new “characters” which are just repainted versions of ones we’ve already got!

Even though it’s bascially a meme at this point how have they still not released the professor!!?!?! They didn’t even release all of the alternate universe characters AND they made gold Bender the chase.

Disgraceful

It's lame that they are doing a "new" series that's not actually new, but at least there's still some Futurama stuff coming out so it shows they at least know that there's still desire for more. Hopefully this is just a precursor for a line that contains Preacherbot, Professor Farnsworth and Wernstrom, Hypnotoad, HG Blob, Free Waterfall, and so many other random characters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 pm 

I feel sorry for you guys who have the full set, but at the same time I'm missing some chases and I don't mind the opportunity to get some...

Can you imagine peoples frustrations if they did this with dunny? :shock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126