The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

User avatar
Jfactor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Jfactor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Legit or not those prices are stupid inflated.



User avatar
fakeXsound
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:16 pm
Location: mass

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by fakeXsound » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

Jfactor wrote:Legit or not those prices are stupid inflated.
Ah, OK. I thought I had just been out of the loop and prices had skyrocketed. I'd imagine the seller upped the price once he realized the store takes a 30% (guessing here) cut of each sale.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor

User avatar
Tangy
Posts: 1105
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:38 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Tangy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm

MatP wrote:There appears to be quite a few Small Lies being decapitated!!!
i have a brown that arrived with the head snapped off too, is this a common issue? i emailed kawsone only to be told to email medicom.....surely they should sort it out as the order was placed with them and shipped by them?
any idea what other people are doing to get something done?

MatP
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by MatP » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Tangy wrote:
MatP wrote:There appears to be quite a few Small Lies being decapitated!!!
i have a brown that arrived with the head snapped off too, is this a common issue? i emailed kawsone only to be told to email medicom.....surely they should sort it out as the order was placed with them and shipped by them?
any idea what other people are doing to get something done?
My 3 got to the UK in perfect condition. I've seen a few people posting on Instagram about the snapped heads. I thought they were mostly US based and that it was down to the really cold weather in the US!

Chillertwist
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:48 am
Location: Belgium

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Chillertwist » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 am

Anyone up for a legit Check on these Kaws Tokion posters on http://www.catawiki.com search Kaws or the LV plastics?? Prices for the posters are up to 7-800€ a piece. Shipper is adding these on a weekly basis... How many are there?

Kind regards

Fyi, perrotin store still has the lies companions, 341 full sets last time I checked ;)

Sideglide
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 am

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Sideglide » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:21 pm

Chillertwist wrote:Anyone up for a legit Check on these Kaws Tokion posters on http://www.catawiki.com search Kaws or the LV plastics?? Prices for the posters are up to 7-800€ a piece. Shipper is adding these on a weekly basis... How many are there?
Find the biggest grain of salt, and take it.

rakis73
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:24 am

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by rakis73 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 am

A very Happy New Year to all.

Just wanted to check if anyone else is still waiting on their deliveries of Small Lie?

My order was #201### and credit card was charged and payment deducted on two days later.

I have not received any confirmation email nor shipping information.

I am just curious if anyone else is in the same situation - I had ordered all 3 figures btw.

My previous orders of 2 blush Companions and 1 BFF on separate occasions were very smoothly processed - received the confirmation email, shipping info and figure in very good time and condition.

So I am a little anxious this time around -I have sent them an email but no response yet.

Grateful for any shared experiences.

Thanks!

rakis73
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:24 am

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by rakis73 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:30 pm

Just an update in case anyone else has a similar issue - I received a response from KAWSONE today and my order had been overlooked and consequently, not been processed yet.

They are sorting it out and were very apologetic about the oversight and delay.

So it is getting sorted now and my order should be with me quite soon.

Cheers.

User avatar
eckotyper
Posts: 11248
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:25 am
Location: NickelNickelNine

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by eckotyper » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 am

Tangy wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:27 pm
MatP wrote:There appears to be quite a few Small Lies being decapitated!!!
i have a brown that arrived with the head snapped off too, is this a common issue? i emailed kawsone only to be told to email medicom.....surely they should sort it out as the order was placed with them and shipped by them?
any idea what other people are doing to get something done?
id success doing a chargeback, as i heard medicom has not been answering emails and just disregarding.

User avatar
dtrain
Posts: 5299
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:55 am

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by dtrain » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm

I hadn't opened my Small Lie yet, but after reading about the decapitations I quickly checked mine out...all good and a cool piece, no regrets.

Also, MOMA BFF restock online tomorrow.

User avatar
wrinkledbrain
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:52 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by wrinkledbrain » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:35 am

dtrain wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm
I hadn't opened my Small Lie yet, but after reading about the decapitations I quickly checked mine out...all good and a cool piece, no regrets.

Also, MOMA BFF restock online tomorrow.
My set came in perfect shape, no issues at all. One of the best looking figures he's released imo. A must for any KAWS collector.
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

User avatar
wamboozi
Posts: 1611
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: your mother

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by wamboozi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:05 pm

Have a grey small lie if anyone wants to trade a BFF. Also looking for the brown 2001 companion Print if anyone has seen one around or has one for sale
"My friend doesn't like you."



good trades with SMPT, symbebekos, qwest1mark, brothermantis, spyderworks7023, Dunny27, whthalo, kp, catana68, bigmac, bubblegumking, catana68, Nadir, tofu, decep0ner, flabby, mattp, nimsu, johnnymu, lucky13, heebysdaman, Miznotic_Garden, mrburgess

hini
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by hini » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:59 pm

wrinkledbrain wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:35 am
dtrain wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:09 pm
I hadn't opened my Small Lie yet, but after reading about the decapitations I quickly checked mine out...all good and a cool piece, no regrets.

Also, MOMA BFF restock online tomorrow.
My set came in perfect shape, no issues at all. One of the best looking figures he's released imo. A must for any KAWS collector.
Luckily all of mine are in good condition too!

User avatar
jpeeler8
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by jpeeler8 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Anyone want to take a stab at helping me price my KAWS collection? I am thinking about selling it all and moving on to something else. Shoot me an email jp.kaws@gmail.com and i will send you the excel with what i have. Thanks.

happychopper
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by happychopper » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am

Any idea what "Partners" sells for these days?
Prices seem to have gone crazy since the last one I saw sold!

User avatar
smpt
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:46 pm
Location: Euro zone (IRL)

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by smpt » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm

happychopper wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am
Any idea what "Partners" sells for these days?
Prices seem to have gone crazy since the last one I saw sold!
Put it on eBay and see what it makes.

It was never really a desirable piece back in the day, but maybe that was because of the original high price tag.

Kaws selling prices are what people are only willing to pay. I’d ignore the auction house final sales figures or the toyqube prices, that’s not the real world 😉
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

hini
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 6:45 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by hini » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm

smpt wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm
happychopper wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am
Any idea what "Partners" sells for these days?
Prices seem to have gone crazy since the last one I saw sold!
Put it on eBay and see what it makes.

It was never really a desirable piece back in the day, but maybe that was because of the original high price tag.

Kaws selling prices are what people are only willing to pay. I’d ignore the auction house final sales figures or the toyqube prices, that’s not the real world 😉
Price in ebay is never realisitc.@@

User avatar
Jfactor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Jfactor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 pm

hini wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 pm
smpt wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:17 pm
happychopper wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am
Any idea what "Partners" sells for these days?
Prices seem to have gone crazy since the last one I saw sold!
Put it on eBay and see what it makes.

It was never really a desirable piece back in the day, but maybe that was because of the original high price tag.

Kaws selling prices are what people are only willing to pay. I’d ignore the auction house final sales figures or the toyqube prices, that’s not the real world 😉
Price in ebay is never realisitc.@@
^^ though depending on what you’re looking for some stuff goes under the radar.

I find forums like this one & UAA have the most collector friendly pricing. Ebay isn’t a good gauge since people adjust for end of the month fees for that platform.

Instagram can be a mixed bag too in my experience.

User avatar
Jfactor
Posts: 2516
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:49 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Jfactor » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:36 pm

Unrelated note. Still hunting flyers and random promotional bits. Got one hell of a scrapbook going.

MatP
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by MatP » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:05 am

Can someone point me in the right direction for the Kaws Boba Fett legit comparison page. I can't open it. Thanks in advance.

User avatar
tokyocharm
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 pm
Location: NJ

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by tokyocharm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi, I'm looking for some advice regarding two of my Kaws pieces. I have the Kaws Astro Boy color and mono. I bought them both when I was in living in Tokyo. Any idea how much I could list them for? Thanks.
_______

CasualCollector
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by CasualCollector » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 am

The Kaws Astro Boys typically are listed around $2000 from what I've seen recently on eBay. Some go for full asking others have gone for $1400-1600 or OBO. Just depends on how quickly you want to get rid of them I assume.

CasualCollector
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by CasualCollector » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:08 am

Anyone know of the going rate for a Pushead Kaws Companion in hand painted green? (not GID). There's only a few sold on the recent eBay listings and a ton of fakes so it's hard to tell what legit sales are. Thanks!

black_panda
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:03 am

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by black_panda » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:57 pm

What would you guys pay for the boba fett version now? is it fair to assume a $1750-$2250 range?

User avatar
biscocrack420
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:09 pm

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by biscocrack420 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am

wonjun.han wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:59 am
This darth vader kaws seems 100% legit to me by comparing with my friend's authentic one. What do you guys think?

http://www.labstore.co/index.php?main_p ... cts_id=118

luls. you can't be serious. you should go ahead and purchase it if you think its real. the website you linked to is famous for selling knock offs. sounds like your friend has a fake

Post Reply