The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

QTPie

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by QTPie » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am

The only reassuring thing about my lack of confirmation email is the fact that so many other people are in the same boat, haha.

http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:51 am

QTPie wrote:The only reassuring thing about my lack of confirmation email is the fact that so many other people are in the same boat, haha.
Side by side with you on this one lol.
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:52 am

lamuna wrote:I was charged for a full set, but didn't recieve an order e-mail. My shipping address and credit card holder name are different since I'm shipping it to my parent's house in the US...Does anyone know if the website will cancel my order because the card holder and addressee are different?

Kinda frustrated with how the order was...Site crash and all...Thanks.
The website designer is the same one used for Supreme, and they require matching CC address with shipping address so there is a possibility it will be canceled. One of the reasons why I was unable to buy stuff when I lived in Canada without getting hammered with duty/customs charges from Supreme and Kawsone.
Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode, K20Lee, superconductor

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:56 am

QTPie wrote:The only reassuring thing about my lack of confirmation email is the fact that so many other people are in the same boat, haha.
When I first got on the site at 12pm I was able to add them all to cart and getting to the check out page was a challenge. However I just waited a bit until around 12:15 or so when the site was back up and right after I got the confirmation page, the email was sent almost immediately afterwards.

Hopefully they get back to you, but from my experience the customer service at the kaws warehouse is quite good. I had to deal with them when they sent me 2 flayed blushes instead of 1 full body and 1 flayed.
Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode, K20Lee, superconductor

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:58 pm

wrinkledbrain wrote:

I emailed the studio and they replied stating that my confirmation email has been resent, which I received moments before their reply. Pleased they responded to my (2nd) inquiry so quickly and with good news.

If you haven't received an email I suggest reaching out to the studio with your order number in the subject line. They received thousands of emails yesterday (per KAWS) so get to the point quickly and provide as much detail as possible.

Wishing everyone that hasn't received a confirmation email best luck, my fingers are crossed for you.

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:21 pm

New message on Kawsone gives an indication to what’s going on... and the run size.
Kawsone wrote:Thanks everyone who ordered SMALL LIE.

We appreciate your patience as we sort through the thousands of emails received in regards to your orders. All details will be addressed but please know this takes some time.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

Looking for: Michael Lau Fingercroxx

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:38 am

wrinkledbrain wrote:
wrinkledbrain wrote:

I emailed the studio and they replied stating that my confirmation email has been resent, which I received moments before their reply. Pleased they responded to my (2nd) inquiry so quickly and with good news.

If you haven't received an email I suggest reaching out to the studio with your order number in the subject line. They received thousands of emails yesterday (per KAWS) so get to the point quickly and provide as much detail as possible.

Wishing everyone that hasn't received a confirmation email best luck, my fingers are crossed for you.
I emailed them 2 days ago and heard nothing, but I'll try again.

Thanks for the advice!

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:27 am

I’d email them but I was foolish enough not to take a screenshot of my confirmed order. I didn’t think this would sell out on the first day as most recent releases have been open and sold out over days not hours. Ah well- such is life.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:16 am

I just got my confirmation email. They responded quite quickly to my second email.

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:46 pm

QTPie wrote:I just got my confirmation email. They responded quite quickly to my second email.
Congrats! Happy to hear that!

Gimbat

Post by Gimbat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:36 pm

Little Lie is up at https://store.perrotin.com
http://www.worldofthreeA.com
3A on FB
3A on Instagram

Wanted:
KAWS SORAYAMA NO FUTURE COMPANION SILVER OR BLACK

dtrain

Post by dtrain » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:48 am

Lame. Same packaging as the open editions. https://instagram.com/p/BcseudhgKoe/

gonedaddyfinch

Post by gonedaddyfinch » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:20 am

So I was able to get 2 of the KAWS small lie figs at the release MONO and Black ...got the confirmation emails confirmed order # all good . So I thought anyway ....Checked my card account this morning and noticed that the 2 charges of $250 each for the small lie figs were gone ...no refund transaction nothing just gone as if they cancelled the transaction ....of course I've already emailed them but you may want to check your card accounts ...I have the feeling they over sold but makes no sense to me as I mentioned I have the standard confirmation email of order .

dtrain

Post by dtrain » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:10 am

^ Nah, the charge won't post until they actually ship. You're just seeing the pending status drop off. If you got an order confirmation there's nothing to worry about. No way he oversold, gotta be at least 20K of these things from Kawsone and Perrotin still has stock just sitting for days now.

gonedaddyfinch

Post by gonedaddyfinch » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:50 pm

I hear you

The only reason I'm questioning is I contacted some friends that ordered and they all have the charges showing on their accounts either as pending or a debt ...I'm sure I'll hear something after the weekend ....and yeah seems like there are plenty to go round ...a ton on ebay as well ...even below cost ...how is that ?

Did KAWS ever release a production run # on these ?

happychopper

Post by happychopper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:53 am

"Limited Edition", but I'm guessing they produced a similar number to the recent Open Editions.

Someone posted a screen grab of Perrotin's stock on another forum, and they had over 3000 of each available!
Who knows how many Kawsone sold???

Probably more Small Lies sold than the BFFs! :roll:

TheCoon

Post by TheCoon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:47 am

i actually placed 2 orders. one for a set of 3 then another mono.

only received one confirmation email for the one mono.

both charges have posted to my account now.

only the mono is shipping to me as of now.

not sure what to think

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 am

Never received an order confirmation but I just got shipping confirmation.

I’m guessing these were produced in a similar quantity as the open editions, but won’t be restocked regularly like the open editions. I don’t mind easily being able to buy a toy, but for the prices these are, supply should be cutoff somewhere.

Kaws and more for sale.

metrofrog2

Post by metrofrog2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:16 am

SpecialKAC18 wrote:Never received an order confirmation but I just got shipping confirmation.

I’m guessing these were produced in a similar quantity as the open editions, but won’t be restocked regularly like the open editions. I don’t mind easily being able to buy a toy, but for the prices these are, supply should be cutoff somewhere.
SpecialKAC18, mind me asking what your order number was? My order number is somewhere in the 200K and still 'til this day I haven't received any notification about my order...

lupend88

Post by lupend88 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:48 pm

Just got shipping email, should be here on the 23rd!
Great Transactions with: oicyu8chu, cyrus_behnam, Kiedoy, blitzo, biscocrack420, artofthepossibl3, Chrishue, johnnybagadonuts

saiko

Post by saiko » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:10 pm

still waiting for my ship confirmation email. this is longer of a wait than when i purchased my kaws x jordan 4 black.
Ref: zoonie5

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 pm

metrofrog2 wrote:
SpecialKAC18 wrote:Never received an order confirmation but I just got shipping confirmation.

SpecialKAC18, mind me asking what your order number was? My order number is somewhere in the 200K and still 'til this day I haven't received any notification about my order...
My order number was 2020xx. To be clear, I did make it to the order confirmation page, just never got the email. Though- it looks like you at least got that far as well. Sit tight- I’m sure it’s coming!

Kaws and more for sale.

metrofrog2

Post by metrofrog2 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:54 pm

SpecialKAC18 wrote:
metrofrog2 wrote:

My order number was 2020xx. To be clear, I did make it to the order confirmation page, just never got the email. Though- it looks like you at least got that far as well. Sit tight- I’m sure it’s coming!
Thanks! Crossing fingers on this...Seems like Kawsone took down that pop-up message about how they're going to take some time responding to each email they received. Hope that's not a sign that all orders are finished processing. I did get an email confirmation, but no shipping info yet...

melting

Post by melting » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:48 am

Order # 203XXX. Got Order confirmation email, CC auth has now moved to a charge, no shipping email yet though.
Good dealings: drunknmaster916 , mfmunny , APina , peekaboo , didadi808 , piyo , emiliogarcia , enjoihavok , heebysdaman , tommynathan , kitman34 , simple123 , Nikejerk , dunnybunny , Crestone , [ - _ - ] , Nicocato, mANNEe , Brodus ,rosstamicahdesign, kaiycao , its420brother , Fender, gaijin665 , zonrboy, luckyscrm(x2), babbage1851, jot84 , Fliptrickz916, quijanoth, robbieXeff,Ash_KBear,Mongo Lloyd(x2), GFD18

Bad Dealings: The_Black_Mamba, Niya5508 or whatever they are calling themselves these days

metrofrog2

Post by metrofrog2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:01 am

melting wrote:Order # 203XXX. Got Order confirmation email, CC auth has now moved to a charge, no shipping email yet though.
+1 CC has a charge processed now but just waiting shipping info...