forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944 ... 949  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:17 am 

Here is the Choro Q that I got from Ebay HK seller...I highly suspect that this is a boot. It has a missing screw on the bottom, and also the design of the wheels look different from the ones I saw in google search. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:47 pm 

Legit Check and Price Check on KAWS resting place. Bought resell a long time ago but never thought to authenticate. Has been displayed. Also whats best way to clean vinyl toys?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:55 am 

^ Best way to clean is probably a damp paper towel, but it depends what's wrong with it. If stuff has really gunked on, maybe Goo-Gone. Don't use alcohol or Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:33 pm 

wow
going to take ages to get into this thread
haah
940 pages ...
then off to bed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:25 pm 

Hey Guys

anyone here know how to verify a Kaws Karimoku Companion ?

thanks in advance

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ykv6VT5jGZYHj2Kb2

Instagram @ Kenyancollector

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:50 pm 

Has anyone seen this ebay auction for a 1000% Kaws/Bape Bearbrick that is only 52cm?
Its fake correct?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWS-Bape-Be-rb ... 3200845481?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am 

ianthegamer wrote:
Has anyone seen this ebay auction for a 1000% Kaws/Bape Bearbrick that is only 52cm?
Its fake correct?

Correct, it's not authentic. Just a custom someone made.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:49 am 

Pause wrote:
ianthegamer wrote:
Its fake correct?

Correct, it's not authentic. Just a custom someone made.

Not on a real Be@rbrick either, never made in that size.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:37 am 

Hi there

I haven't posted in a long time, although I've kept my eye on the boards, especially this thread.

I received both of the recent red/blush open edition companions today. They were purchased on eBay, through a series of bids (not buy it now or best offer) although my winning bid was for below retail.

They were carefully packaged etc, and appear in every way to be legit - with the exception that there isn't a hologram sticker on the reverse b/h corner. Is this an absolute guarantee that these are 'replicas' or fakes?

I've been collecting KAWS for 12 years (predominantly from kawsone, and certainly in the days before the fakes started to appear) and everything about these seems legit, with the exception of this missing hologram. The bags look as though this has been 'peeled off' as the polythene where the hologram would be is a bit more crinkled(!)

Does anybody here know for certain whether fakes exist for this open edition? I know that there was a re-stock on kawsone (perhaps these were missing holograms - does anyone have experience of this?)

Any help or advice is very much appreciated. I don't want to enter a protracted process of obtaining a refund if it's just a missing sticker - I want to open the packaging but won't do so until I'm satisfied I haven't been sold a pup.

Cheers
Frass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:28 pm 

this is what legit open editions packaging looks like

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 pm 

I've seen bootleg blush companions for sale but never actually seen one in person. They also sell bootleg 16 in blush versions as well. I'll try to do a little research on what to look for.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 am 

biscocrack420 wrote:

this is what legit open editions packaging looks like

Thanks for posting the picture; it's strange, but the items I have purchased look EXACTLY like that - but no hologram sticker. I've seen quite a few eBay listings, and I'm aware of the larger 16 inch fakes that come in a 'retail box'...
I just can't understand why someone would list KAWS figures and remove an authenticating hologram. That's what gets my skepticism...

As I said, the item sold for below retail, and it could be a case that the seller removed the stickers to prevent me from easily flipping them down the line(?)

By the way, can you let me know whether the figures in your picture were purchased directly from kawsone? The paper barcode sticker suggests a secondary retailer... (mine do not have the paper sticker and I haven't seen it on any eBay listings). I really appreciate the input.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:59 am 

Mikey Puff wrote:
I've seen bootleg blush companions for sale but never actually seen one in person. They also sell bootleg 16 in blush versions as well. I'll try to do a little research on what to look for.

Hi Mikey
I've seen the listings for the 16 inch fake companions - they look kind of shiny, not the matte vinyl associated with KAWS. The listings also say they come in a box, as opposed to the transparent clamshell and polythene bag that the open editions actually come in.

It's a mystery to me how every detail of the packaging is the same - without the hologram. The other thing that may identify my figures as fakes is that inside the clamshell packaging, theorems have thin transparent film on them to stop them rubbing against the body of the figure. The same with the feet. You can still see the joints through this film it's not there to hide dodgy detailing on the figure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:20 am 

Kaws 4 foot companion Won at auction
SO.... I decided to bid on 4ft companion at the New Now: The Katayama Collection Auction with Phillips. To my surprise I won two. One for 60,000 and the other for 43,000. THEN... hours later I see them post that I won them for 75,000 and 56,250. This was my first time bidding so to my surprise the Phillips Auction house adds a 25% buyer fee on whatever it was won for... pretty Duckling up I must say. ok whatever I want them bad and auctions like this come around once in a lifetime. Then the next day I get a email from Phillips with an invoice for 140k :? New York city Tax is added. Gotta love America right? So now I'm stuck on should I drop all this money on two 4ft companions. its the all Black and the brown one if your wondering. so thoughts??? is this worth it? its a lot of fakes online/ebay/L.A.B. will value go up? should I just buy one... which of the two is more desirable? Thanks is advance!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:28 pm 

"To your surprise??" For what? The buyer's Premium? Sales tax? Have you EVER bought anything
in NYC before?

Really?

What were you thinking?

Did you not know that there is a buyer's premium
attached to every sale in almost every auction house IN THE WORLD?

If not, you should make your purchase and take your lumps
for your ignorance rather than screw things up the auction house,
the seller, the underbidder, etc.

If you're gonna "play with the big boys" you better be prepared and let's
be real here...if you have 60K, you have 75K...so pay up.

And if you live in NYC, how could you NOT know that you'd have to
pay sales tax?

I would like to think that if you're bidding at that level, that you are an
adult...so act like one and live up to your obligation.

And the presence of LAB fakes has no bearing on the prices for genuine
items...the auction houses are all getting smart and know how to determine
which are real and which are not.

Seriously, put on your "Big Boy Pants" and honor your committment.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:43 pm 

In term of the value, this will depend no one will know will the value goes up or down. This is a new record for sure ! :) :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 am 

I need help identifying if my Kaws companion is real or fake! If you can help then message me on instagram @officiallycolin or reply...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 pm 

cloutcolin wrote:
I need help identifying if my Kaws companion is real or fake! If you can help then message me on instagram @officiallycolin or reply...

If you want help then post photos of it... otherwise you are just wasting people’s time making them hunt you down to do you a favor.

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:36 am 

jwray7934 wrote:
SO.... I decided to bid on 4ft companion at the New Now: The Katayama Collection Auction with Phillips. To my surprise I won two. One for 60,000 and the other for 43,000. THEN... hours later I see them post that I won them for 75,000 and 56,250. This was my first time bidding so to my surprise the Phillips Auction house adds a 25% buyer fee on whatever it was won for... pretty Duckling up I must say. ok whatever I want them bad and auctions like this come around once in a lifetime. Then the next day I get a email from Phillips with an invoice for 140k :? New York city Tax is added. Gotta love America right? So now I'm stuck on should I drop all this money on two 4ft companions. its the all Black and the brown one if your wondering. so thoughts??? is this worth it? its a lot of fakes online/ebay/L.A.B. will value go up? should I just buy one... which of the two is more desirable? Thanks is advance!

You made the hypebeasts day. I would have invested in an original piece of his art rather than two 4 footers.

How fast can you run?

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:41 pm 

jwray7934 wrote:

You are obligated to buy them at this point I'd imagine, there must be some kind of charge for backing out at this point I'd assume, as most auction houses require your payment info up front.

Also in terms of value, this is the highest I've ever seen the 4ft companions sell for since they have released. They are sure to eventually go up in value, but about 6 months ago you could attain one for around $25-30k.

Keep us posted along with photos, if you get them!

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:37 pm 

I've been offered 30/40k for my black dissected. As said above that much cash I would of bought a Ad disruption but that's me. My box got water damage so I tossed it beside the information on the side holagram/ foam etc. I wouldn't think of it has a bad investment though, his prices keep rising and only toys he's putting out are by the thousands. Which a 4fter is far from a toy. Enjoy them, they are great in person

FOR SALE http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=245437

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:36 pm 

2ndtimearound wrote:
"To your surprise??" For what? The buyer's Premium? Sales tax? Have you EVER bought anything
in NYC before?

Really?

What were you thinking?

pay sales tax?

There is no need to be so rude. We're all fellow collectors and fans here, you can give your opinion without being so condescending and aggressive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 pm 

lupend88 wrote:
2ndtimearound wrote:
in NYC before?

Really?

What were you thinking?

pay sales tax?

There is no need to be so rude. We're all fellow collectors and fans here, you can give your opinion without being so condescending and aggressive.

In the case of the original poster's comments, I think being rude is valid. The buyer bought with zero research, zero understanding of how auctions work (best know when bidding is several thousands) and asks questions on if it is a good investment, and the contemplation of walking away from the auction or trying to now pick and choose what to pay for/not pay for.

The buyer comes off as a newbie collector, but far from a fan of art or Kaws. A freshly minted Hypebeaster who care more about instagram cred than actual art. I see these types of guys on a weekly basis. Their flippant actions make inflate prices and destroy the market for people who care about the art, artist and scene.

Hopefully, the buyer will pay up for the auction and learn from the mistake. I also hope the buyer may actually appreciate the art just bought and not shove it into a corner with the rest of the dusty Air Jordan boxes...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:48 pm 

^what this guy said x100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:59 am 

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/6920 ... 5a8d_o.jpg

Does anyone know whether the black or gray dissected companion's plastic inner case has the same design as the brown one shown on the link above??

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23725 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943, 944 ... 949  Next