forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 950  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:15 am 

To be honest, the eye is a bit sloppy. Also, the area around the intestine and yellow lung look like the color is off.
But, this is a tough call since the pic is taken with a flash which is throwing off the colors.

Pics in the daylight would be needed to better match the color.

The inner clam shell looks OK.

I recently sold my Milo dissected so I can only speak about my own. The paint is more crisp. The edges of the eye ball were near perfect, but not perfect. The eye iris was a perfect yellow dot. Hope it helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:08 pm 

that's what i thought. appreciate your opinion, better safe than sorry where kaws vinyl is concerned!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:15 pm 

For those interested, the KAWS X Uniqlo Snoopy plushes are back in stock on uniqlo.com:

Small:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/kaws-x-pea ... 99113.html

Large:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/kaws-x-pea ... 99114.html

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm 

Hi guys,

I am a collector from Toronto, Canada and unfortunately the Uniqlo website wont ship to Canada! the Canadian website does not have these unfortunately!
Can someone kindly buy a small and large for me and ship to me to Canada and I will pay all the fees.
please dm me if you can do that for me:) thanks!

cheers,
Houmanche

Bad Transactions: QNguyen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:33 am 

What's the going rate for dissected milos these days?? Someone local is selling the original brown and gray versions for around $650...combined. Thanks.

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 am 

fribhey wrote:
For those interested, the KAWS X Uniqlo Snoopy plushes are back in stock on uniqlo.com:

Small:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/kaws-x-pea ... 99113.html

Large:
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/kaws-x-pea ... 99114.html

Thanks for this ordered both

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm 

lamuna wrote:
What's the going rate for dissected milos these days?? Someone local is selling the original brown and gray versions for around $650...combined. Thanks.

One will fetch that rate. That's a steal if legit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:46 pm 

Jfactor wrote:
lamuna wrote:

Thanks..I got them today!

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:21 am 

lamuna wrote:
Jfactor wrote:
lamuna wrote:

Thanks..I got them today!

Looks like you got a deal!!!

BE@RBRICK BLOG

400% Be@rbrick SALE

Good trade:
phaughey, CanadianTurbo, justvincent, onlybobafett, New Addictions,Sean6bucks, realtyguy808

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:21 pm 

Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been here. I was wondering if anyone had some knowledge as to the Kaws X Real skate decks from I think 2007. I started to do some research as I want to sell them but as I research online it seems there were various releases?

1. I have one thats blue on the back and says REAL, this has a tag and its numbered, also it says Real OG REMIX Project

2. The second one lime green and on the topic says Real Fake in like a fuchsia color and on the bottom it says Fake. I had them displayed Real / Fake for years one on top. I don't have any tags for the this one but it seems to be a different brand and it has a graphic on both sides.

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with how these were sold, also is there anything I need to know. I have seen some recently sold so I know the value but I want to advertise them correctly. thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:27 am 

Introduction

Hello everyone, I am a 14 Year old Kaws Collector who has been collecting since the start of the year. I am in love with his art work and feel that the 'Toys' are an amazing 3D piece of art. Now from collecting I am sure that a lot of my collection is Legit however I am still worrying about the fakes getting better and better each year. I am hoping if any of you have something from my collection we could possibly compare due to me paying a lot of money I just want to be sure I have real Kaws Items. I have bought a lot of my collection through eBay or private sellers, they have all been so helpful however when spending this much on a collectors piece you just need to be safe.

Collection

Kaws Bearbrick 400% + 100% (Dissected, Red)
KAWS Companion Blush (Dissected)
Uniqlo x Kaws (Both Snoopy's)
KAWS Companion Blush
Kaws Chum (Clear)
Kaws BFF (Black)
Kaws BFF (Blue)

Legit Check

If anyone can just have a look at the following photos and reply to me it would be really appreciated. The first photo is the Kaws Bearbrick, if you can have a look I have provided a few photos, if you need more please reply. So far I have only found one mistake when comparing it to a photo provided by 'Paddle8'. The mistake that I have found is above the intestines, there is a small pink line coming through and there is a tiny black bit going under the pink instead of in the pink. Hopefully you can see this, however here are the photos. I have given a few quick previews however if you scroll to the bottom there are some links which make the images more clear and larger.

Note: They are a little bit angled due to them being on the chair, they are straight!

More Photos, Larger Images

Image One
Image Two
Image Three
Image Four
Image Five
Image Six
Image Seven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:39 am 

Hi Stone,

Welcome to the boards. Though there are a lot of bootlegged Kaws pieces on the market, the dissected Bearbricks aren't one of them. As there have been no reporting of any yet.

The pink line you're referring to could just be a printing error. But either way the pictures you've provided show an authentic piece.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am 

Pause wrote:
Hi Stone,

Welcome to the boards. Though there are a lot of bootlegged Kaws pieces on the market, the dissected Bearbricks aren't one of them. As there have been no reporting of any yet.

The pink line you're referring to could just be a printing error. But either way the pictures you've provided show an authentic piece.

Hey Pause,

Thanks for the fast and warming welcome. Yeah, I was searching for 'Fake Kaws Bearbricks' to compare them to mine however never stumbled across one. I also have the 'Kaws Chum Clear' Do you know any good places where I can find models to compare mine to? I understand with more rare Kaws pieces there are less comparisons.

Yeah, I am sure that the line is a printing error however just wanted to make sure and see what others would think. That was the only mistake I could personally find however I will keep checking around.

As saying before, with my 'Kaws Chum Clear' How can I check that its real I will post photos of it later however thanks for the fast reply, glad that you think its real because I think I got a great price for it.

Bearbrick 400% + 100% (Red) = 650

If you know, is that a good price for the two of them? The box of the big one is a little damaged and the small one is still in its baggy.

Thanks,
Stian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm 

$650 for the 400% and 100% is a pretty good deal. Usually the 400% goes for more than that by itself.

As for the bootleg Chums, they're an easy one to spot. Usually they're only 8" tall, and the arms move at the shoulder. The authentic ones were cast in a bowl mold, which leaves a seam going around the whole figure, and a small hole in the elbow. It helps that each figure is individually numbered as well.

The clear Chums have twice the run size as the other colours (1000 vs. 500) so their price is usually lower than the rest.

You can post photos if you'd like, but if it's 13" tall, individually numbered, and has the clear bag with the black skull print on it, then you're most likely safe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:40 pm 

Looks like open edition vinyl BFFs are coming soon ;)

conart.studio on twitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

Are there any bootleg Kaws Choro Q??

I got one from ebay a few years back and it is missing a screw on the bottom...and the design of wheel is a bit different I think...the package print is sharp and has a hologram sticker though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:14 am 

Not that I am aware of.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 am 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYZdSm1haBm
Open Edition BFF Vinyls!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:03 pm 

Hi, sorry to bother, I am new, and I just got the kaws toy bug. I just bought a blitz for a good penny, I was wondering if there are any fakes or replicas of the blitz. any help is appreciated. Also, I would love to purchase Kaws and Reas the Twins if anyone has one for sale or is thinking of it. please let me know. thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am 

I'm hoping that these are taller than the last open editions. And comparing them to the those moonmen from the pharrell insta pic, I think they might be just a little taller. Also hoping they look a little less glossy in person. Either way, I'll likely purchase at least one of these, but my wife prefers the blue and I think I prefer the black.

Any news on any upcoming stateside gallery/museum shows in Kaws' near future?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:15 pm 

Brazzzy wrote:
I'm hoping that these are taller than the last open editions. And comparing them to the those moonmen from the pharrell insta pic, I think they might be just a little taller. Also hoping they look a little less glossy in person. Either way, I'll likely purchase at least one of these, but my wife prefers the blue and I think I prefer the black.

Any news on any upcoming stateside gallery/museum shows in Kaws' near future?

I noticed their larger in size as well... looks like they could be 16" or close to? Hoping the actual release doesn't have a gloss finish like the sample pics but I think they will. I've always preferred the look of matte paint on KAWS figs.

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:03 pm 

happychopper wrote:
Open Edition BFF Vinyls!

I don't think this translates well from plush to vinyl...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:12 pm 

happychopper wrote:
Open Edition BFF Vinyls!

Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to it. Even though it is an open edition it will still be hard to get.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 pm 

Long time since I've posted on the boards, but I'm looking to trade some of my collection for a Pink Chum as well as a Wonderwall Set.

Kaws items to be considered to trade if anyone is interested:

Black and Blue Cat Teeth Bank
Astroboy Mono
Black and White Zooth Set
All 3 Colorways of Passing Through
All 3 Colorways of Resting Place
Pink Open Edition Set
Kaws Hasheem

All come with original packaging and boxes. Detailed pictures can be provided as well! Please let me know if anyone's interested :rock:

WTB:
Kaws Dissected Companion - GREY
Kaws Dissected Companion - BLACK

mikeco06 wrote:
"Every time herculesmolecule masturbates, God kills a kitten.

Please herculesmolecule, think of the kittens."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:29 am 

fakeXsound wrote:
happychopper wrote:
Open Edition BFF Vinyls!

I don't think this translates well from plush to vinyl...

The translation was from sketch to sculpture, then the plush, and now the figure based in the sculpture.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 937, 938, 939, 940, 941, 942, 943 ... 950  Next