The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

dtrain

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by dtrain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:49 am

Oh I get it, he means "Limited" resale value. :lol:

clu713

Post by clu713 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

brown is OOS.

PBC

Post by PBC » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Brown just sold out. I was able to get Black and Grey. I shouldn't have hesitated earlier, could've ordered the full set. Had to send the stuff to my friends house since I'm on vacation right now. I was glad it took my friends address. Hopefully it sticks, I got a confirmation email and everything. :?

So whats the consensus on these being actually limited or not? They were available for quite a while. Also, kinda bummed that I wasn't able to get the Brown one. If anyone ordered an extra they'd like to get rid of without taking my arm or leg please let me know. :D
Good Transactions: Erroneous, dimply_gecko, brandonkinkreet, nvs03lex, tsoli727, wastemoremoney

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Limited Edition can mean a lot 500, 1000, 5000 etc. I'm guessing this is not as limited as his old Original Fake stuff so the numbers are probably more like 3000-5000 rather than 500-1000 like back in the days. I see a lot of salty resellers, but a lot of happy fans so I guess it works out for who Kaws intended the figures to go to. Can't please everyone, people will be mad if it sells out and people will be mad if they sit like bricks.

Personally I'm happy I was able to add all 3 to my collection. Shipping was $38 for all 3 within the US in a combined cart.
Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode, K20Lee, superconductor

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

Waytoogojustin

Post by Waytoogojustin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:36 pm

PBC wrote:Brown just sold out. I was able to get Black and Grey. I shouldn't have hesitated earlier, could've ordered the full set. Had to send the stuff to my friends house since I'm on vacation right now. I was glad it took my friends address. Hopefully it sticks, I got a confirmation email and everything. :?

So whats the consensus on these being actually limited or not? They were available for quite a while. Also, kinda bummed that I wasn't able to get the Brown one. If anyone ordered an extra they'd like to get rid of without taking my arm or leg please let me know. :D
dm'd ya

clu713

Post by clu713 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 pm

just placed another order just in case.. grey and brown are both sold out.. only black left.

order went through, received confirmation right away.. anyone have a contact number for kaws? I want to see if my other orders went through.. :doubt:

lupend88

Post by lupend88 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Brown is back in stock for anyone that wants one!
Great Transactions with: oicyu8chu, cyrus_behnam, Kiedoy, blitzo, biscocrack420, artofthepossibl3, Chrishue, johnnybagadonuts

DirkDiggler

Post by DirkDiggler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Only black is left. Wonder if he'll restock more.

eckotyper

Post by eckotyper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm

the "Small Lie" was that these were limited...

:lol:

ddd910

Post by ddd910 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 pm

eckotyper wrote:the "Small Lie" was that these were limited...

:lol:
Well said
Great Transactions With:
seller: drewproduces, ferevern2days, eoin3, t0fu, c.drx, siphilon, symbebekos, sinkFLsink
buyer: histogirl, woooooops, turnone, x3thelast, CountvonMercury, xraycer2012, QUASIMO, onlybobafett

Items For Sale: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=168763

DirkDiggler

Post by DirkDiggler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Oh yea, forgot Perrotin's releasing these this Friday...

clu713

Post by clu713 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm

you guys are fucking weird. if it was too limited you'd cry.. if it's not limited enough (after you were able to purchase) you cry..

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 pm

Has anyone else not received a confirmation email? I saw the order confirmation page but Chase flagged it for fraud prevention. Now I have no idea if my order went through.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

Looking for: Michael Lau Fingercroxx

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:57 pm

SpecialKAC18 wrote:Has anyone else not received a confirmation email? I saw the order confirmation page but Chase flagged it for fraud prevention. Now I have no idea if my order went through.
I'm in the same situation. Checked out and was sent to the confirmation page with an order number but didn't receive an email. I emailed KAWSONE but I'm not expecting a reply. Hoping for the best
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

dtrain

Post by dtrain » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:59 pm

I only ordered a single brown at 12:15 EST and got an immediate email confirmation, 2 actually (they were duplicate).

clu713

Post by clu713 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:04 pm

i have two pending charges on my CC (i received a call from my card company and told me they tried to submit the payment 4-5 times). the two pending charges actually got to the order confirmation screen.

one order has 1x black 1x brown (order confirmation, no email)
second order is 1x black (order confirmation, + email confirmation )

houmanche

Post by houmanche » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:27 pm

I did not receive a confirmation email but I saw a confirmation page with purchase order number but lost that page :?
I was charged on my credit card once and a second time but the second time was refunded . The annoying part is the money will be hold for 3-5 days !! :? :?
I am hoping to receive an email in couple of days for tracking number since my card is charged.
My Trampt Have List:http://trampt.com/users/houmanche/have
My Collection:http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=253621
Good dealings with: DrewBlood ,Ghettoize, toknenong, noname27, Pezhead23, thetvirus, FistfulOfBunnies, snarebum, dxjock, firubi, Howies,Steph.

Bad Transactions: QNguyen

melting

Post by melting » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Got a set of all three. Only 1 order, only 1 cc charge, and got a confirmation email. Wanted a black to go with my BFF and BFF plush, but decided to grab all when they finally became available. I'm thinking in the 3-5k range for edition size.
Good dealings: drunknmaster916 , mfmunny , APina , peekaboo , didadi808 , piyo , emiliogarcia , enjoihavok , heebysdaman , tommynathan , kitman34 , simple123 , Nikejerk , dunnybunny , Crestone , [ - _ - ] , Nicocato, mANNEe , Brodus ,rosstamicahdesign, kaiycao , its420brother , Fender, gaijin665 , zonrboy, luckyscrm(x2), babbage1851, jot84 , Fliptrickz916, quijanoth, robbieXeff,Ash_KBear,Mongo Lloyd(x2), GFD18

Bad Dealings: The_Black_Mamba, Niya5508 or whatever they are calling themselves these days

kgyure

Post by kgyure » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:11 pm

wrinkledbrain wrote:
SpecialKAC18 wrote:Has anyone else not received a confirmation email? I saw the order confirmation page but Chase flagged it for fraud prevention. Now I have no idea if my order went through.
I'm in the same situation. Checked out and was sent to the confirmation page with an order number but didn't receive an email. I emailed KAWSONE but I'm not expecting a reply. Hoping for the best
Same here; got to confirmation page with one charge on the card and another for a totally different amount declined. Haven't received a confirmation email and have also emailed kawsone.

Monked

Post by Monked » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Anyone have an extra mono Small Lie? Looking for a second one at cost. Willing to trade a mono open edition. Thanks.

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:15 pm

houmanche wrote:I did not receive a confirmation email but I saw a confirmation page with purchase order number but lost that page :?
I was charged on my credit card once and a second time but the second time was refunded . The annoying part is the money will be hold for 3-5 days !! :? :?
I am hoping to receive an email in couple of days for tracking number since my card is charged.
This happened to me too. Got two charges on my card. One time when I was spamming the confirm order button, which caused my card to get charged three times. Another charge went through when I went back to the page to actually complete the checkout process. That order got through to the confirmation page, but my CC flagged both transactions as potential fraud. I told the CC company to cancel the one for $780, but I’m wondering if the other transaction will actually go through on Kaws' end.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

Looking for: Michael Lau Fingercroxx

lamuna

Post by lamuna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 pm

I was charged for a full set, but didn't recieve an order e-mail. My shipping address and credit card holder name are different since I'm shipping it to my parent's house in the US...Does anyone know if the website will cancel my order because the card holder and addressee are different?

Kinda frustrated with how the order was...Site crash and all...Thanks.
Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

leinad

Post by leinad » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:57 pm

clu713 wrote:you guys are Duckling weird. if it was too limited you'd cry.. if it's not limited enough (after you were able to purchase) you cry..
It is funny that way. As a collector you want to be able to get these items but at the same time you want them to be scarce. I think this time most board members were able to score a set which I'm happy about. At the same time they were "limited". Not as limited as previous non-open releases but still sold out in a few hours. His fan base is a lot greater than before so I'm sure they decided to jack up the production run.
Looking forward to getting them and figuring out where to display them.
A+ sellers:Shabadoo,Aussietoyrama,Drilone,Ouister,tommynathan,chris, prins,D-Lux,$and,Slack,mplspeep,Zeeshan,StreakzzZZ,DaniTofuhead,ghettoenhanced,
wtfunks,vinylhead,frogwizard,kontact,NinJaSkills,rdengineer,vuitton,argon,theliberator,666ways2love,mikeny,crushgroove
A+ buyers:LondonToLa,dunny996TT,keyser soze,coasterbear,
spawnonfire,playdoh,eoin3,gtcowgirl,pennjones,twotwelve,jkspade,sleepboy, ontheDL,jager,SnorseWhisperer,tunneler66,c-money,toyzinmyattik,kamacoatl, gonedaddyfinch,alax,dxjock,benvt,organicsalsa,ericericeric,The BoyWunder, crappytrix,cheeky,theboywil,crystaldeth,jlm,Plur511,KinglyDecay,sykogirl, Danimalx, jbar,snooker,HaHaAjp,pop77,buzzelightyear,HSAINGMIN,guzaku,blackey1,Danny909,FoT,robbieXeff,jshea,xbtran,kenobi822

wenjamin

Post by wenjamin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:43 pm

bought the small lie that these are “limited”, i jumped on the site at noon est on my ipad and managed to get all three into the cart but was unable to check out due to the heavy traffic. decided to try switching to a pc and finally was able to check out and promptly received email confirmation. then, minutes later another email came in for possibly my first order attempt from the ipad (lower order #). is there a stated order limit? fingers crossed that my duplicate orders won’t result in cancellation.

lamuna

Post by lamuna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm

This is retarded. The site charges hundreds dollars, and we don't know whether the orders were processed or not, or double charged...no confirmation email..so frustrating.
Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191