The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Riffbear

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Riffbear » Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 am

How much were the posters?

Seeking KAWS prints.

smpt

Post by smpt » Tue May 02, 2017 3:06 am

Riffbear wrote:How much were the posters?
Free with $75 of purchases
My Collection of Peecols

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

Riffbear

Post by Riffbear » Tue May 02, 2017 9:30 am

smpt wrote:
Ah cool all 4 included?
Seeking KAWS prints.

griffndunn

Post by griffndunn » Tue May 02, 2017 9:32 am

Riffbear wrote:
smpt wrote:
Ah cool all 4 included?
You could get one with a $75 purchase. I guess people that were able to get a complete set got back into line 3 times. Or were allowed all four with a $300 purchase.

happychopper

Post by happychopper » Wed May 03, 2017 4:10 am

griffndunn wrote: You could get one with a $75 purchase. I guess people that were able to get a complete set got back into line 3 times. Or were allowed all four with a $300 purchase.
I'm amazed that there are complete sets on eBay with reasonable prices. I feel these sets will go for much more once there's fewer available.

Brazzzy

Post by Brazzzy » Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 am

happychopper wrote:
griffndunn wrote: You could get one with a $75 purchase. I guess people that were able to get a complete set got back into line 3 times. Or were allowed all four with a $300 purchase.
I'm amazed that there are complete sets on eBay with reasonable prices. I feel these sets will go for much more once there's fewer available.
Yesterday, I went by the Uniqlo near me and they still had tons of posters available. The nice lady at the register just gave me one even though I came under the $75 minimum. I can't wait to get mine up on the wall. this is likely the closest I'll get to owning a print anytime soon.

Riffbear

Post by Riffbear » Wed May 03, 2017 9:08 am

Bit of Kaws figures in a music video by yours truly. :)

http://www.beat.com.au/music/premiere-u ... mper-penny
Seeking KAWS prints.

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed May 03, 2017 11:38 am

happychopper wrote:
Can't see that happening, the prices have already dropped to $20 or so per poster. Each Uniqlo got cases of these to give out, so it's not like they are a limited print or anything. I was surprised at the crazy prices they went for early on to be honest. The large plush however, was a lot more limited than I expected at only a few available per store.
Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode, K20Lee, superconductor

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed May 03, 2017 11:43 am

Brazzzy wrote:
happychopper wrote:
Yesterday, I went by the Uniqlo near me and they still had tons of posters available. The nice lady at the register just gave me one even though I came under the $75 minimum. I can't wait to get mine up on the wall. this is likely the closest I'll get to owning a print anytime soon.
My experience was the opposite, the "manager" of the store in SoCal Beverly Center held on to most of the plushes himself behind the counter and wouldn't give posters even if your bill was 74.90, so it was a bit of a joke. On top of this he wouldn't give customers more than 1 kaws paper shopping bag even if you bought like 10 shirts, what a joke for a mall brand clothing store to act as if this stuff was "limited".
Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode, K20Lee, superconductor

My Artwork Blog...

happychopper

Post by happychopper » Wed May 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Rebound wrote:
happychopper wrote:
Can't see that happening, the prices have already dropped to $20 or so per poster. Each Uniqlo got cases of these to give out, so it's not like they are a limited print or anything. I was surprised at the crazy prices they went for early on to be honest. The large plush however, was a lot more limited than I expected at only a few available per store.
Don't forget they were only available in the US and few other places though.
And how many would have full sets?
They won't be worth a fortune.... don't get me wrong, but surprised they aren't more sort after :)

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm

When I took a look over the weekend in my area, they sent each store 4 giant cases of posters and each box containing 1 of each design. It seemed like the boxes fit around 200-300 posters so there was a lot to go around. Some stores gave them out generously without spending limits, and others, like the one I went to, were super cheap about it.

Regardless of what they are worth, they look great framed next to each other and are a cheap way to get some kaws art on your walls.

My Artwork Blog...

Brazzzy

Post by Brazzzy » Wed May 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Rebound wrote: Regardless of what they are worth, they look great framed next to each other and are a cheap way to get some kaws art on your walls.
exactly my intention! Hopefully I can get one or more of them signed by the man himself at some point.

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Wed May 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Brazzzy wrote:
Rebound wrote: Regardless of what they are worth, they look great framed next to each other and are a cheap way to get some kaws art on your walls.
exactly my intention! Hopefully I can get one or more of them signed by the man himself at some point.
Definitely, you should go back and pick up a couple more shirts to get the free posters. Much better than paying resale prices on them. I just ran out of kaws tees to buy to hit the $75 at the Uniqlos near me haha.

My Artwork Blog...

Gimbat

Post by Gimbat » Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 am

Hey guys!

Is it safe to buy Red Companion Open Edition on eBay? Or there are fakes already out there?

There was a rumor that it will be available at kawsone at some point, but after lottery being limited to US, I doubt folks from other countries will have a chance. C
http://www.worldofthreeA.com
3A on FB
3A on Instagram

Wanted:
KAWS SORAYAMA NO FUTURE COMPANION SILVER OR BLACK

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Mon May 08, 2017 10:22 am

Gimbat wrote:Hey guys!

Is it safe to buy Red Companion Open Edition on eBay? Or there are fakes already out there?

There was a rumor that it will be available at kawsone at some point, but after lottery being limited to US, I doubt folks from other countries will have a chance. C
The KAWS Jordan release was exclusive to US residents through KAWSONE per Jordan & KAWS' agreement which has nothing to do with a future KAWS Companion release via kawsone.com. It would be wise to wait it out.
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

Riffbear

Post by Riffbear » Tue May 09, 2017 12:53 am

Whats the rough value of Boba Fett these days?

thanks
Seeking KAWS prints.

oakleywake

Post by oakleywake » Tue May 09, 2017 11:35 am

1700-2k

Rebound

Post by Rebound » Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Gimbat wrote:Hey guys!

I would personally wait, they are going for a lower price right now, but $400 each is still steep. So far I have not seen fake versions of any of the open editions in person or real photos online. All the sellers claiming to be selling fakes post photos of the real thing, so as of now as long as you buy from a reputable seller you're good.

My Artwork Blog...

Sideglide

Post by Sideglide » Tue May 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Stopped by a uniqlo, plenty of shirts and bags still around. No plush. Was an easy pass for me as well.

CanadianTurbo

Post by CanadianTurbo » Tue May 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Uniqlo Causeway Bay also had a huge amount of shirts, still some room shoes but no totes or plush.

rema

Post by rema » Wed May 10, 2017 7:46 am

I think Jason Freeny killed this.

R

Mikey Puff

Post by Mikey Puff » Wed May 10, 2017 7:58 am

rema wrote:Image

I think Jason Freeny killed this.

R
Can't agree more.. so wish this would go into production.
http://therook.bigcartel.com/
instagram = @Mikey_Pip

proachlmt21

Post by proachlmt21 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:19 pm

What's up with the new bronze pieces?

Looks like 2 collectors from overseas have them.
Perfect Transactions with: 666doll - downtownatdawn - meanmistert - Assburrito! - greatteacherjoe - mankac - gallery101 - bearhat - Toasted678 - djfohm - bluegreenkey - projectmayhem - chenreaction

beatnik21

Post by beatnik21 » Sun May 14, 2017 6:20 am

proachlmt21 wrote:What's up with the new bronze pieces?

I think it's for big time collector or close friends of Brian?

Definitely not for people who can only afford kaws x uniqlo snoopy plush
Looking for:
Kaws Original Dissected Companion
Kaws Mono Dissected Companion

BE@RBRICK BLOG

400% Be@rbrick SALE

Good trade:
phaughey, CanadianTurbo, justvincent, onlybobafett, New Addictions,Sean6bucks, realtyguy808

blitzo

Post by blitzo » Mon May 15, 2017 12:38 am

beatnik21 wrote:
proachlmt21 wrote:What's up with the new bronze pieces?

I think it's for big time collector or close friends of Brian?

Definitely not for people who can only afford kaws x uniqlo snoopy plush
I heard it was an edition of 25 and the price was 55,000. Damn.
WTB: Always looking for ..8(x x)8.. Kaws
- Kaws Dissected 5yl Companions: Brown
- Kaws 5yl Companions: Brown + Grey
- Kaws x Hajime Sorayama: Silver + Black
- Kaws Accomplice
- Kaws x Reas The Twins
- Kaws 4ft Companions: Brown & Grey Dissected
- Kaws Prints: all dissected, kawsbob red+yellow, etc
- Murakami X Complexcon MR. Dob Figures Set

Good Transactions: raphmeister 5x (b), dtrain (b), lupend88 (b)
Pending Transactions:

DONT BUY FROM pghrobot aka butterfinger