forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933 ... 945  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:02 am 

Off topic real quick

Anyone have a kaws 200% bearbrick

Price is no option please I need this ASAP

Thanks in advance :-$

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm 

Hey guys- long time no see, though that looks pretty standard these days.

Quick question: have green GID 5YL been bootlegged yet? Back in the day, the only GID bootlegs were dissected, so both blue and green were relatively safe. Is that even remotely the case anymore? I found one that I'm considering buying, but don't want to lose out on a ton of money.

Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

Looking for: Michael Lau Fingercroxx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:08 pm 

SpecialKAC18 wrote:

Quick question: have green GID 5YL been bootlegged yet? Back in the day, the only GID bootlegs were dissected, so both blue and green were relatively safe. Is that even remotely the case anymore? I found one that I'm considering buying, but don't want to lose out on a ton of money.

I've seen bootleg GIDs before
Make sure the seller has the box before buying
The box should glow as well

Black chrome Soyorama with box and original shipping box

Black chum

If you have any for sale please contact me ASAP
Interesting, willing and able to buy ASAP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 pm 

SpecialKAC18 wrote:

for anyone curious about the glow 5YL
http://www.subliminalgallery.com/new-blog/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:08 am 

sss818 wrote:
Off topic real quick

Anyone have a kaws 200% bearbrick

Price is no option please I need this ASAP

Thanks in advance :-$

What is the current market value for the Kaws 200%? I haven't seen too many for sale lately.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:17 pm 

Anyone live near St. Louis? Wish I could go, but I'm all out of PTO and didn't see this til just now.

http://camstl.org/calendar/event/2017/05/03/kaws/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:04 am 

Brazzzy wrote:
Anyone live near St. Louis? Wish I could go, but I'm all out of PTO and didn't see this til just now.

http://camstl.org/calendar/event/2017/05/03/kaws/

My wife and I are planning on taking the 4 hour drive down there for the show.

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:19 pm 

Jfactor wrote:

3 weeks til the Peanuts x Kaws x Uniqlo drop!

Ill be adding a few more shirts and slippers into my Uniqlo section from this one probably, but Im not gonna add a full Snoopy repertoire into my closet. lol. Futura has been restocked since its drop. I ordered a couple of those tee's earlier in the week.

Thoughts on the second Kaws Uniqlo wave?

To be honest, I was a bit let down by the designs. From a distance, most of the tees look like any other peanuts x UT collab, and I'm sure 99% of people will think you're just wearing a Target peanuts tee. Compared to the first UT collab, these designs were definitely a bit weaker. Also I do own a number of the Original Fake x Peanuts tees, and some of these designs were a straight up copy and paste. Kind of a bummer for those who paid a premium for these tees back in the day and have basically the same thing re-released for 1/6th the price. Also where are Woodstocks crossbones haha?

That being said, the slippers and plushes are awesome and those will be what I'll be picking up this release.

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode

My Artwork Blog...
http://www.reboundicon.blogspot.com

Last edited by Rebound on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 pm 

Anyone hear any details at all on the Shanghai show? Seems like nothing surfaced at all regarding the "red" OE companions or any show details/exclusives besides a few opening night photos.

Good Traders: friendsw/thetoy, Scud80, el maz, wavedog, LocoMoco, galleriedesoto, LIV3R (R.I.P. buddy), 3DRetro, Dalek, rasta, duracelldunny, hova0023, Stump, keiboba, p1985, Misterine, o_kedoki, markie_darkie, havenshop, Frankie-G, obnoxiousxb, 5tarbur5t, grow, dun182, terrorpanda, bltsports25, sed8td, nlau220, reganomics813, nick210214, Shankweather, Crookedmarc, MattPower, l8mode

My Artwork Blog...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 am 

I think they are being released in the next week.. I spoke to one of the managers at Yuz Museum and she said mid-april they'll be releasing them in store, and online...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm 

Rebound wrote:
Jfactor wrote:

3 weeks til the Peanuts x Kaws x Uniqlo drop!

Ill be adding a few more shirts and slippers into my Uniqlo section from this one probably, but Im not gonna add a full Snoopy repertoire into my closet. lol. Futura has been restocked since its drop. I ordered a couple of those tee's earlier in the week.

Thoughts on the second Kaws Uniqlo wave?

To be honest, I was a bit let down by the designs. From a distance, most of the tees look like any other peanuts x UT collab, and I'm sure 99% of people will think you're just wearing a Target peanuts tee. Compared to the first UT collab, these designs were definitely a bit weaker. Also I do own a number of the Original Fake x Peanuts tees, and some of these designs were a straight up copy and paste. Kind of a bummer for those who paid a premium for these tees back in the day and have basically the same thing re-released for 1/6th the price. Also where are Woodstocks crossbones haha?

That being said, the slippers and plushes are awesome and those will be what I'll be picking up this release.

The plush is a stuffed teddy. If it's $10 then yeah my kids will love it for a few minutes. After that I can't see the awesomeness, Uniqlo and Nigo could be the down fall of Kaws.

LAU SFCC GPS For Sale

vinylhammer wrote:
FYou wouldn't believe that 3A has it's own, entire forum would you. Plus all they ever say is, "has your blah blah TK turned up yet", "no, i've been waiting for 2 years".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 pm 

Looks like the KAWS Jordan's will be releasing again sometime next week...

https://instagram.com/p/BS4PY_ZFLzH/

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:36 pm 

I guess the red companion was real?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS48SNCFh9a/

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:50 pm 

They're eventually getting a kawsone drop!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:48 pm 

And open edition. not bad!

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:29 am 

franciscoali wrote:
And open edition. not bad!

What's the size?? Any idea? :)

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:31 am 

SpecialKAC18 wrote:

The sure way to tell is the glow which must be blue/green on the figure and the box. I had a fake that passed all the tests on the comparaison sheet (see earlier sheet) but it didn't glow blue!!! Only white...same with the box. The original must glow blue.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm 

Jfactor wrote:
They're eventually getting a kawsone drop!

Hopefully other retailers will get these as well!

My Artwork Blog...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:37 pm 

Did anyone see the spat between Kaws and Jason Freeny?

It seems like Kaws has forgotten where he came from and that a lot of his work is based on painting over someone else's work...

#divaproblems

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

It seems like Kaws has forgotten where he came from and that a lot of his work is based on painting over someone else's work...

#divaproblems

saw it. I'm moderately on Kaws' side on this one simply because Freeny could have chosen any kaws platform that hadn't already been dissected to do his own version.. but he chose the companion which has already famously been done by Kaws.

When I first saw Freeny's IG post I was just like.. "Really? we're doing this?" Not sure if I agree that Kaws even needed to stick his nose in it though.

Transactions/References

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:50 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

#divaproblems

Link for reference:

https://toysrevil.blogspot.mx/2017/04/k ... ref=fb&m=1

As much as I enjoy Kaws, his work and collect a lot of his stuff, I find that his comment was in poor taste considering he himself has been "ripping off" various pop icons and built his own career out of it. Sure he managed to get the official licenses from companies like, Disney, Peanuts, etc. but comon man we all start somewhere and other artists need to eat too! The original anatomical figure was created eons ago for doctors and scientists alike to use for study!

My Artwork Blog...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm 

Both artist's were in the wrong for different reasons. Brian should of just kept his mouth shut. Jason should of known out of all the figures he could of dissected, this was the one he should of not touched due to the 3 degrees of separation.

I'm far from a KAWS diehard. I don't care for most of whatever "message" he is trying to convey. But also, I think 90% of what Jason does is uninspiring and really anyone who could sculpt anatomy could do (Human anatomy of human superhero figures :roll: ).

sales thread http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?p=2065190#p2065190
100+ Buying, selling, muling transactions over the years. Plenty of references.

>>>DO NOT SUPPORT DEKORNER, Toy Tokyo
Bad dealings/shady people: griffndunn, Ktnboy, QNguyen/TRgear<<<

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm 

Every artist has an inspiration. Originality is questionable. A good artist should celebrate inspiration. If Jason has no intent to sell his companion then its totally kool that he wanted to see his version of the dissected companion. Brian has been an inspiration to alot of artists and i guarantee other artists inspired him to create everything he has done.. alot of inspiration flying around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:08 pm 

Co-signed.

It was a weird / stupid choice for Freeny to do, since the Companion has already been dissected and KAWS is well-know for his "flayed" variants (Baby Milo, etc.). But KAWS can't complain since he owes his reputation and the success of his brand to riffing off of other artists and character designers. In other words, they're both wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:24 am 

I didn't like Freeny doing his disected Lego man in the 3 Companion disected colors. Also felt Kaws complaining was a total joke. Then felt miffed after seeing Kaws' disected version is a complete lift off of Hirst disected all the way down to color, head treatment and details of body that are unique to Hirst rather than a science kit.

From an art point of view, I like Freenys version of the disect. If it's just a personal project, who cares? Kaws getting in a hissy is a huge tell. Kaws is the Puff Daddy of art. Stripping all borrowed content would leave a blank canvas.

For years, years I have been saying Brian needs to go back to making original characters like the bendy, bullets etc. He has an eye for color and line, just wish he would start making his own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23625 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 927, 928, 929, 930, 931, 932, 933 ... 945  Next