The Usugrow Thread

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Jfactor

Re: The Usugrow Thread

Post by Jfactor » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:51 pm

fakeXsound wrote:Someone just dropped a ton of Rebel Inks on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Toys-Hobbies/22 ... ect&_sac=1

I'd pick up the metallic blue or transparent blue if I had the cash. :tonqe:
Those prices are super high. Some are fine but most are unreasonable.

If you want the transparent blue at a cheaper price hit me up! Im selling mine.

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:35 pm

The prices aren't all that bad for most. Have no idea why he/she is asking $185 for the root beer though.
Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

Zombiekel

Post by Zombiekel » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 pm

Yardarm51 wrote:The prices aren't all that bad for most. Have no idea why he/she is asking $185 for the root beer though.
Couldn't agree more!
I've paid more and people before paid much higher when the Rebel prices were crazy,
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter - @Zombiekel
Instagram - @Zombiekel
My Rotocasted Collection - http://rotocasted.com/zombiekel/collection/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Great transactions with: plastech, Xeneize666, whip_pie, oldguard, apc, shakey, Tominator, apeboy, useless toys, Zukaty, shrubs, JoelyV, johnrussellf, Korky-Kat, Kiedoy, Soft As Sin, Kiba, Mister Rollover, conseptic, squarebackmatt, gr4eme, polystyrene, yOme, quentdiggy, alffx

Jfactor

Post by Jfactor » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:41 am

Zombiekel wrote:
Yardarm51 wrote:The prices aren't all that bad for most. Have no idea why he/she is asking $185 for the root beer though.
Couldn't agree more!
I've paid more and people before paid much higher when the Rebel prices were crazy,
Over a $100 for each of the world powers tho?!

Y'all must be trollin me because they avg 130-150 from this seller. I have a lot of what he's selling and could sell mine at less and still profit. Guess I just held out for the deals!

:axe:

gmiddleswarth

Post by gmiddleswarth » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 pm

I've had an OG White and Black set and a NYCC premium black chrome up for sale for months for way less than he's asking. If anyone is interested I'd do $90 each for Black and White with silver text and $150 for NYCC Black Chrome.

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Oh wow. The prices have come down a bunch more than I thought. I mostly see the prices on Mandarake but I guess the North American prices are a bit lower these days. Good to know. Gmid, I would love to have that black and white set but need a full time position first. :? Hopefully someone takes you up on them.
Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...

Jfactor

Post by Jfactor » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Mine eventually went for $160 I think. Just $20 less than I paid. Yeah good luck man!

gmiddleswarth

Post by gmiddleswarth » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Yardarm51 wrote:Oh wow. The prices have come down a bunch more than I thought. I mostly see the prices on Mandarake but I guess the North American prices are a bit lower these days. Good to know. Gmid, I would love to have that black and white set but need a full time position first. :? Hopefully someone takes you up on them.
Thanks man. Yeah, prices have taken a huge hit unfortunately. I think I paid over $300 for the NYCC Black Chrome back in the day and now I'm struggling to get half that. Definitely taking a loss on most of my toys these days. My Kaws figures where the only thing I've sold recently that I didn't lose money on. I almost hate to let this stuff go for so cheap, but space is at a premium these days and unfortunately I don't have room to keep most of it.

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:15 am

Whoa. What the heck happened to your sales thread. Just went to take a look and looks like the first pages are gone. Guess Guru couldn't help?

eckotyper

Post by eckotyper » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Jfactor wrote:
Zombiekel wrote:
Couldn't agree more!
Over a $100 for each of the world powers tho?!

Y'all must be trollin me because they avg 130-150 from this seller. I have a lot of what he's selling and could sell mine at less and still profit. Guess I just held out for the deals!

:axe:

you probably got into it late... I been in it since before the bubble burst... am still in it because i connect with the sculpt... it was common for $3-500 for some of the colors...

Lucky Bags were hard to get.

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 pm

Too true. When I was living in Tokyo I was getting calls about muling Rebel Inks on a regular basis even though they were going for $300+ for many of them.

I too really love the design. I have more RIs than any other vinyl with the single exception of Knuckle Bears, but that was the result of an insane bargain I found. :D

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:58 pm

So I know the forum is fairly dormant these days but I recently found this guy for sale at Mandarake in Japan and I'm not sure that I know what this is...
Silver Rebel Ink with no print
I am familiar with almost all of the RIs including a bunch of the prototype ones that were released through ZoZoTown but I'm pretty sure I've never seen this one. Anyone know anything about it?

gonedaddyfinch

Post by gonedaddyfinch » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:29 pm

Hey man

Been a while ...like you said this forum is pretty dead ...but I'm still at it ....I'm actually looking for some of the RebelInk I've missed .

This one in your b post just looks like the first silver flake w/black print minus the print ...a old proto or test piece maybe be cool to score it ....what is he selling it for ?

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Good to see some of the old faces still around man!

¥6000 and probably about ¥1400-2000 for shipping. Mandarake is really fair with their shipping costs. So that would be between $50-60US for the figure and say $12-18 for shipping. However it does say this does not come with packaging and it does have damage. I can't see anything really big from the photos but there are small scratches on the left eyebrow, right thumb knuckle, back of the left shoulder and on the back. I do remember the ZoZoTown sold prototypes and one offs came without packages. I guess this may have been one of them. Pretty good price for what could be a unique figure.

fakeXsound

Post by fakeXsound » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:08 pm

Wow, I've never seen one without the tattoos. I say go for it!
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor