forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: The Instinctoy Thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:15 pm 

Hey folks. A few people around the boards have asked me about a company called Instinctoy over here in Japan. They are a small company that basically produces just one figure in limited runs. I was fortunate enough to get some pics of a bunch of their prototype figures at an event held at Oneup here in Tokyo. They currently only have 4 production variants of this figure. Black (w. red or black eyes), GiD, Woodgrain and a recent Black with GiD accents. There is a short Instinctoy Youtube video explaining the background story for this particular character. Basically an innocent bear is attacked by a parasitic slime and turned into this wierd dripping mutant bear. The slime's face can still be seen on the bear's rear end. The bear is called "Inc". Without much further ado on to the pics.

ImageImageImage
The first three designs

From the Instinctoy Festa at Oneup...

ImageImage

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

The last one in this collection "Maziora Andromeda 2" is actually going into production in a 50 piece run. Unfortunately registration closed last night and I just saw the info this afternoon. Der...

However coming soon there will be a 5th regular variant released via Medicom as a part of their Project 1/6 series of figures. It will be called Bluewater and it comes with GiD highlights and the usual pair of footprints.

Personally I think it looks stunning. The little keychain guys you see with him are called Liquids and they are the slime that originally infected the bear. They recently went on sale and are available in a variety of colours. Not sure if they are available in North America yet though. The Bluewater will ship in December but orders may be taken as soon as November 24th. Not 100% sure on that though.

I know at least a couple of people on here have these guys in their collections.

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:18 pm 

Those look good enough to EAT! =P~ =P~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:50 pm 

I like how different each of the prototypes look. I get so tired of same toy different different airbrush approach to a lot of Kaiju.

I've begun to twat!
http://www.twitter.com/MuckyMann

Good Dealings with: raajr187, wtfunks, Tacune, envizbl, bk_bk, Feric Fanatic, Assburrito!, tealady, Del730, Desopolis, timselF, Rsinart,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:56 pm 

Awesome Yard! Great information you posted here! The Maziora Andromeda 2, Terminator, Ancient Treasure, Pink & clear purple are amazing! Actually all are and I want them all. LOL!! Thanks for wetting my appetite!

Here's some additional information. The Inc is designed by Hiroto Ohkubo. The black w/black eyes was a run of 100 w/ 15 outside of Japan. The GID was limited to 90. I am not sure of the run sizes of the black with red eyes and the "Wood" versions, but those were also limited. The recent black with GID accents was a run of 54. Below is a GID shot I took showing off the accents. Also notice the GID keychain (Liquid) which Yard talked about earlier. Many thanks to Yard to help me get these guys!

Love the fade of he Bluewater. And it has GID accents! \:D/

Last edited by zincsaucier442 on Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:16 pm 

I have wanted these for the longest time. Damn you, Japan.

Great transactions: Andy Bruce, bubblegumking, cahrowline, djkrush, drilone, drinkh2so4, drugmassacre, earthglass, ferevern2days, GLENNjamin, jacranky, j3tang, jmo1200, KidrobotNY, killmylovekill(2), kol, kngwiz, lifeSIZEuglyDOL, Lil J NYC, LUCKY13, Maki Maki, Manga_Spawn(2), meanmistert, Metatron1050, MightyAtomGirl, Nymiko, originalkaws, paterpan, playdoh, QUASIMO, richL (3), SGI Tim, spade, strange_robot, The ED, tommynathan, Yardarm51, yorickbrown, YummyOreos, yup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:25 pm 

ive got the GID one, but it doesnt glow so well. its very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 pm 

I'll try to keep this thread updated on the release info for the Bluewater and any other Instinctoys releases. His sales page has a ton of Liquid keychain variants and they generally go for around $8us. Three new GiD ones went up this week.

Instinctoy Online Shop

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:33 pm 

zincsaucier442 wrote:
I am not sure of the run sizes of the black with red eyes and the "Wood" versions, but those were also limited.

red eyes is also limited to 100 units, including mine. Great piece.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm 

dingobean wrote:

Mee too,
"damn you JAPAN" Lol

"Love makes the sunshine bright"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:49 pm 

i wish they have stayed on their roots and have them japan-made.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 am 

I would love to snag one fo the Bluewater versions. Let us know as soon as you find out any ordering info. Thanks a bunch!

-Jed

Totally boss transactions with: dunnymoney / snooker / The ED / ddokbaro / Gazpacho / bballuvrq / djkrush / SecurityGeek / Manga_Spawn / jareddeal / turboice / kidrobber / Yardarm51 / Luuser111 / bk_bk / reganomics813 / suckfinn / CrazySid / Plasticman / meanmistert / Blood101 / core4pro / DMS / AJB603

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:54 am 

Does anyone know who carries them besides www.tokyocube.com?? I tried to get one from them but they're all sold out.

Items For Sale: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=168763

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:13 am 

ddd910 wrote:
Does anyone know who carries them besides www.tokyocube.com?? I tried to get one from them but they're all sold out.

At this time, your best bet would be YJA. Tokyocube has been sold out of their stock for a little while now. The other is instinctoy.com but I just checked and they too are sold out unless you want some Liquids. They already stopped taking requests for the Maziora Andromeda 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 am 

dingobean wrote:

I go with you to.. kawaai des!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:34 pm 

Not to turn this into a WTB thread, but if any of you decide you want to let these go, hit me up and we'll talk. Serious.

Great transactions: Andy Bruce, bubblegumking, cahrowline, djkrush, drilone, drinkh2so4, drugmassacre, earthglass, ferevern2days, GLENNjamin, jacranky, j3tang, jmo1200, KidrobotNY, killmylovekill(2), kol, kngwiz, lifeSIZEuglyDOL, Lil J NYC, LUCKY13, Maki Maki, Manga_Spawn(2), meanmistert, Metatron1050, MightyAtomGirl, Nymiko, originalkaws, paterpan, playdoh, QUASIMO, richL (3), SGI Tim, spade, strange_robot, The ED, tommynathan, Yardarm51, yorickbrown, YummyOreos, yup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:56 pm 

New model coming down this weekend.

As you can see the new one will be a graduated clear purple model called Nightdew and it will be released most likely this Friday via Medicom.

The new packaging was chosen as the older packaging has gotten just too expensive to continue with. Too bad as I thought the old boxes with the magnetic flaps really complimented the quality of the fig itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:11 pm 

Yard, your pics didn't stick. I want to see what's coming down the pike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:50 pm 

Grrr.... Looks like their blog is killing hotlinks.

Instinctoy Nightdew

Also looks like it will be a fairly large run. One of the comments from the mod states the shop will have at least 100 for sale. If you are worried about getting one give me a PM and I'll try to hook people up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:48 pm 

Im thinking about selling/trading my GID inc bear. please pm if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:41 pm 

Youza wrote:
dingobean wrote:

I go with you to.. kawaai des!

Lol

"Love makes the sunshine bright"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:31 pm 

Maki Maki wrote:
Im thinking about selling/trading my GID inc bear. please pm if you are interested.

I'm pretty sure Zincsaucier442 is looking for one... :-k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 am 

The silver, gold and white are killer pieces on this line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 am 

these are dope for sure...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm 

More pics. This goes on sale on the Japanese website at 0:00 Sunday Japan Standard Time.

ImageImage
ImageImage

And just for Zinc...

The gang ready to go...

The run is 120. One piece per customer. Retail is ¥7800 for this badboy. They are pretty big and heavy so expect a fairly hefty shipping fee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:29 pm 

Yardarm51 wrote:
And just for Zinc...

You're killing me Yard! She is a beauty and the eyes glow! You definitely know my weakness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 351 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next