forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176
 Post subject: Re: Itokin news
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:45 am 

Instagram is the place to be at the moment as a collector. Independent artists make announcements and lotteries there. And collectors pm each other direct wants.

Sales:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10724803@N ... 066385022/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:34 pm 

Ah, bummer. I hate FB with a passion so I'm not on Instagram.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:49 pm 

fakeXsound wrote:

You're missing out on so much good stuff on there. I've discovered a bunch of new toys through Instagram.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:59 am 

I don't touch Facebook but I do certainly use IG. I avoided it like the plague as I thought you needed to use FB in order to use IG but you don't. I usually use my computer to go through the feed of pics from folks I follow. Occasionally I'll use my phone to post a picture but mostly I just lurk. It really is a great place to see some really neat stuff. I had absolutely no idea about the trading though. I Shoulda realized if I'd just thought about it. :roll:

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:59 am 

wastemoremoney wrote:
fakeXsound wrote:

You're missing out on so much good stuff on there. I've discovered a bunch of new toys through Instagram.

I've discovered a bunch of new toys too! I had no idea that they existed, but now I want to collect them. The 2 new toys (new to me) that caught my eye is Ishumaru by Yuriko Hamann and Little Dino by Ziqi.

But ALWAYS on the hunt for Itokin Park. That's number 1!

leinad, Quest1, mankac, unmundane, tommynathan, Yardarm5, D-LuX, maz78, sillynickers, TiredChildren, flabby, SaintOfSpinners, Motorbot, D-Fed, zonrboy, dork77, bk_bk, altercrisis, reganomics813, fairladyz, markum, maxdoesitwell, HaynMade, Foxracing808, trentmatth, kikingaso, g_money, RAM, fune8oi, manmachine, picabbo, Ginsburger, jmf337, chocoboy83, YummyOreos, vadersk3, restaurador, camiondepompier, Luckita, Hallenbeck, outtamymind, wizeguy, eckotyper, Gazpacho, cyberann, stratosphere, Hollywood, NewAddiction, Lofa, domingo, ManUnitedScorpion, obnoxiousxb, creaturion, apeboy, 1v1artin, buttoneyestoys, Shibori, TO_designs

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=252224&hilit=toys+for+sale+5%2F29

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:18 pm 

Sales:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm 

Oh man, great photo! I love that new head sculpt, and the multi-colored lamé is so nice - reminds me a bit of something one of those Nouveau-style comic artists from France and Amsterdam like Moebius would do.

Did anyone see that big drop of Itokin stuff from Hawaii on eBay earlier in the week? I had my eye on the transparent and orange Lucha Bear until it hit $100. I kinda regret not going for the transparent purple Garuru.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:32 pm 

Need a better display set up but huge thanks to Saint for hooking me up!

Also, the silver helmet astronaut I got from eBay didn't come with a clear visor and it looks like that's how they were sold originally. Anybody know why?

I was super lucky and scored the Kawadouji a few years back on eBay. Wish I had the opportunity to pick up more when Kazu-san was making them.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 pm 

Oh, that bumble bee NAno and the Kawa... So good! Kazu hasn't done Kawadouji for a very long time. He was stopping just as I got into collecting around 2008. Even then they could be hard to find in Tokyo let alone outside Japan. Those of us who have them are lucky ducks. It is hard to find them as collectors rarely give them up for sale.

Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:05 am 

There were 2 silver astronauts at DCON2016 - one with a silver helmet, and one with a clear helmet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:41 am 

icebird wrote:
There were 2 silver astronauts at DCON2016 - one with a silver helmet, and one with a clear helmet.

Yup, I know that but the silver helmet one doesn't have a clear visor like how other similar versions do so I was just curious why

Same style but with clear visor

The silver helmet (upper section) but no clear visor

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:14 pm 

Sounds like a quality control issue.

Sales:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:07 am 

Nah, mine doesn't have one either. I don't think any of the silver lamé ones do.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:04 pm 

Guess I never noticed but the picture of the group of helmets shows no visors. Still I'd say a QC issue as these items he brings to Dcon are done very last minute. Maybe no time to add visors or maybe they didn't arrive in time.

Or maybe, that version landed on a planet with breathable air so the visor is up. :D

Sales:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:36 pm 

SaintOfSpinners wrote:
Or maybe, that version landed on a planet with breathable air so the visor is up. :D

that's the best logical explanation.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am 

SaintOfSpinners wrote:
Guess I never noticed but the picture of the group of helmets shows no visors. Still I'd say a QC issue as these items he brings to Dcon are done very last minute. Maybe no time to add visors or maybe they didn't arrive in time.

Better safe than sorry, I always say.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 pm 

It's not a QC issue. The ones with the visor were done on clear vinyl. Kazu then masks the visor and paints the rest of the helmet, thereby leaving the "glass" clear. The silver glitter astronaut is not painted (the silver glitter part that is). He poured them in silver glitter vinyl which means the visor (glass) was also in silver glitter so it had to be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:40 pm 

JORDAN23 wrote:
It's not a QC issue. The ones with the visor were done on clear vinyl. Kazu then masks the visor and paints the rest of the helmet, thereby leaving the "glass" clear. The silver glitter astronaut is not painted (the silver glitter part that is). He poured them in silver glitter vinyl which means the visor (glass) was also in silver glitter so it had to be removed.

Thanks for the explanation!

I always thought that the visor piece was a separate piece completely but interesting to know the helmet is poured as one piece.

Doodle Dunnys

Good/Bad Sellers/Buyers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176