What happened to the forum??

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

lamuna

What happened to the forum??

Post by lamuna » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am

I love this forum and all, but the rate of new post has come down so much..I hardly see a new post in a week..and had to ask. What happened?? Is it just that the interests for vinyl toys have faded away or something happened?? :(

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

Kidrobot Guru

Re: What happened to the forum??

Post by Kidrobot Guru » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am

lamuna wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am
I love this forum and all, but the rate of new post has come down so much..I hardly see a new post in a week..and had to ask. What happened?? Is it just that the interests for vinyl toys have faded away or something happened?? :(
Social media is what happened.. Most web forums don't get nearly the traffic that they used to now that everyone and their grandmother is on Facebook/Instagram.

Things ain't what they used to be.. :?

drummerboy2

Post by drummerboy2 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:00 pm

I know I'm not on much anymore but I don't like the Facebook version. It just doesn't have the feel of the community.
stay hard and stick it to da man. Great dealins with way to many to name.Just for you Merlin

rema

Post by rema » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 am

Everyone got old(er) and the new kids on the block aren't into forums.

R

lamuna

Post by lamuna » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:19 pm

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am
lamuna wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:30 am
Social media is what happened.. Most web forums don't get nearly the traffic that they used to now that everyone and their grandmother is on Facebook/Instagram.

Things ain't what they used to be.. :?
Hope Kidrobot rebounds back! Still my favorites are from Kidrobot.
Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

QTPie

Post by QTPie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 am

I wish the discussions and case layouts were more active. I can never find decent conversations on Facebook or Instagram, so I miss those genuine dialogs. It also seems like there isn't an investment from the company here, but I can understand that if you're not seeing "results".
http://trampt.com/users/QTPie/feed

Great Sellers: halfapparition, noeleaser, belfinatorzz111, (nice dream), paulzdeep, 666ways2love, rjxdang, w33zy16, cmk802, QUASIMO, Ath, fast1590, kgyure, mavxb3, DexDexign, MattPower, delicious62
Great Buyers: Counterbalance
Great Trades: DManTX, MattPower
Muled for: patrick40, ShizRobot, kgyure

Yardarm51

Post by Yardarm51 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

As a member who still checks in almost daily I do miss the buzz. Conversation just doesn't happen in an Instagram post. I follow a lot of toy makers, customizers and collectors on there and I love seeing all the pics but there is very little conversation. Lots of "Looks awesome!" and "Man, I wish I had the cash for that." but not much else. That's why I keep coming back here.
Good deals: dunnybunny, geoffcuddy, flabby, tommynathan, los507, SaintofSpinners, originalkaws, jonne14aj, cursetheseen, Creaturion, Just-Dan, gonedaddyfinch, zincsaucier442, a.tom, HomerJ66, cheerspiers, dingobean, mrburgess, 95nikehead, shark, redblueyellow, dds3254, BlueMonk, jcrazy, azjpeg, jtoki and many more...
My Sales Page // My Flickr

Why do I collect toys? -- They make me smile.

Philpenn

Post by Philpenn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:21 am

The thought of having meaningful discourse on Facebook makes my head hurt.

Lovenike1

Post by Lovenike1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:02 pm

As those kids grew up, they don’t play toy anymore

fakeXsound

Post by fakeXsound » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:33 pm

QTPie wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:29 am
I wish the discussions and case layouts were more active. I can never find decent conversations on Facebook or Instagram, so I miss those genuine dialogs. It also seems like there isn't an investment from the company here, but I can understand that if you're not seeing "results".
Yerp. Word on the street was that the forums were about to be closed down a few years ago. So I'm glad we're all still able to connect here.
Great deals with: Trademark78, wyldaxe, yanksb11, lediscode, Nisares, Slideglide, broke4toys, OK_DOMO, kudospop, MotherGoose, Reg_M, LuckyKid19, Jfactor