The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

A forum for general discussions about urban vinyl, boutique toys, & toy artists.

Moderator: Kidrobot Guru

Philpenn

Re: The Unofficial Official KAWS Toy Thread.

Post by Philpenn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:42 am

fribhey wrote:those stitches are kaws XX's
This was not lost on me, but I still find them ugly in the flesh.

lupend88

Post by lupend88 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:11 pm

Blue BFF has been shipped, expected delivery November 3. If I play my cards right and get a little lucky, I will have a new KAWS piece and a new iPhone X on the same day :D
Great Transactions with: oicyu8chu, cyrus_behnam, Kiedoy, blitzo, biscocrack420, artofthepossibl3, Chrishue, johnnybagadonuts

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Good Lord- both Kawsone and Moma are taking their sweet, sweet time getting these out. By the time my Moma order arrives, it'll have been two weeks and change since the release. Luckily, my Black is supposed to show up tomorrow, but I’m more excited for the blue.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

Looking for: Michael Lau Fingercroxx

leinad

Post by leinad » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Got mine from Kawsone today.
A+ sellers:Shabadoo,Aussietoyrama,Drilone,Ouister,tommynathan,chris, prins,D-Lux,$and,Slack,mplspeep,Zeeshan,StreakzzZZ,DaniTofuhead,ghettoenhanced,
wtfunks,vinylhead,frogwizard,kontact,NinJaSkills,rdengineer,vuitton,argon,theliberator,666ways2love,mikeny,crushgroove
A+ buyers:LondonToLa,dunny996TT,keyser soze,coasterbear,
spawnonfire,playdoh,eoin3,gtcowgirl,pennjones,twotwelve,jkspade,sleepboy, ontheDL,jager,SnorseWhisperer,tunneler66,c-money,toyzinmyattik,kamacoatl, gonedaddyfinch,alax,dxjock,benvt,organicsalsa,ericericeric,The BoyWunder, crappytrix,cheeky,theboywil,crystaldeth,jlm,Plur511,KinglyDecay,sykogirl, Danimalx, jbar,snooker,HaHaAjp,pop77,buzzelightyear,HSAINGMIN,guzaku,blackey1,Danny909,FoT,robbieXeff,jshea,xbtran,kenobi822

fribhey

Post by fribhey » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:31 am

SpecialKAC18 wrote:Good Lord- both Kawsone and Moma are taking their sweet, sweet time getting these out. By the time my Moma order arrives, it'll have been two weeks and change since the release. Luckily, my Black is supposed to show up tomorrow, but I’m more excited for the blue.
the BFFs were released on October 18th. Nine days is NOT two weeks and change since they were released.
Last edited by fribhey on Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wenjamin

Post by wenjamin » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:19 am

fribhey wrote:
SpecialKAC18 wrote:Good Lord- both Kawsone and Moma are taking their sweet, sweet time getting these out. By the time my Moma order arrives, it'll have been two weeks and change since the release. Luckily, my Black is supposed to show up tomorrow, but I’m more excited for the blue.
my moma blue was delivered today.

the BFFs were released on October 18th. As of writing this, today is October 27th, that's NINE days from ordering it to having it in my hand. Nine days is NOT two weeks and change since they were released.
not everyone is as lucky as you... i ordered a blue bff from moma right when it went up (around 6:30am pst) and mine has not even shipped yet... in fact i got an apology email today stating that they are overwhemed by all the orders and it will still take a few more days before they go out.

i did receive the black one from kawsone today though.

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:16 am

fribhey wrote:
my moma blue was delivered today.

the BFFs were released on October 18th. As of writing this, today is October 27th, that's NINE days from ordering it to having it in my hand. Nine days is NOT two weeks and change since they were released.
That’s why I said, “by the time my Moma order arrives, it’ll have been two weeks and change.” My order is showing an expected delivery date in November.
Good transactions with: daimyo, gonedaddyfinch (2x), Cornbluth, dunnydummy, NYC.Parce, fdavis138, eckotyper, NSTNATE, HeyJB, broke4toys, conchan (2x), BabyGerald, Dustygarage, Vinylassasin (2x), bloc115, justalilodreamer, MrJames, Chapper, blackicex, supershallow, geoffcuddy, Jackcuzzy, pugspaw, Fliptrickz916, lui, pys111, twentytwo, topnotchchach, flabby (8x), Rgon81, drewproduces, raphyki

Kaws and more for sale.

lupend88

Post by lupend88 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 am

Lets see some pics from those who have received them! It's the only thing that can hold me over until mine comes on Friday :D
Great Transactions with: oicyu8chu, cyrus_behnam, Kiedoy, blitzo, biscocrack420, artofthepossibl3, Chrishue, johnnybagadonuts

cjs

Post by cjs » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:43 am

Hi guys!

I started to look a bit closer to my Kaws companions open edition 2016, full body black and flayed and I think I see a slightly difference in the yellow in the eye/x color between the two. The flayed one is slightly darker.

Both was bought in unopened boxes from UK with normal prices.

What's do you guys think?

Update 2017-01-06
I added som pictures - so please share your thoughts

and a bonus one with the new Kaws BFF black edition...
Last edited by cjs on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Be@rbrick collection:
http://toysdorado.com/collections/432

metrofrog2

Post by metrofrog2 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Black BFF finally sold out on Kawsone. Moma still has all of the companions & Blue BFF available still.

SpecialKAC18

Post by SpecialKAC18 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:30 pm

metrofrog2 wrote:Black BFF finally sold out on Kawsone. Moma still has all of the companions & Blue BFF available still.
BFF is still available but all the Companions are sold out on Moma site.

Kaws and more for sale.

frass

Post by frass » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:27 am

^ Presumably, Medicom can produce as many subsequent batches of these - I'm expecting they will get re-stocked at some point, or else they'd take the images off the MOMA site...

Open edition = limitless edition

lupend88

Post by lupend88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:22 pm

Looks like blue BFF is gone from MoMA's site

frass

Post by frass » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 am

lupend88 wrote:Looks like blue BFF is gone from MoMA's site
...but will it return?

If these have genuinely sold out, and the production numbers run into thousands, each of these figures has grossed well over a million dollars... wow

tobor2099

Post by tobor2099 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Are there bootlegs of the normal open editions? Anyone have pics or tips?
Great transactions with: whitey, DrftDrgn21, fulci zombi, Nicocato, NoupaRobot, wwwetworks, ZopBoy, chillywilly153, belleater, dong32117, NinJaSkills, High On Vinyl, BMXBENF, bluegreenkey, 666ways2love, Beeswax, quentdiggy, richr2003, mANNEe, cyberann,le_bloomer, Urban-Yeti, jennipho, Bunny Dunny, Hawking-hole, spoonie_gee, projectmayhem
I have also have 3 pages of all positive feedback on the BST.

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 am

tobor2099 wrote:Are there bootlegs of the normal open editions? Anyone have pics or tips?
I don't have pics to share but I do know there are bootlegs of all Open Edition Full & Flayed Companions with their proper packaging.
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition

fribhey

Post by fribhey » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:58 am

wrinkledbrain wrote:
tobor2099 wrote:Are there bootlegs of the normal open editions? Anyone have pics or tips?
I don't have pics to share but I do know there are bootlegs of all Open Edition Full & Flayed Companions with their proper packaging.
are they bootlegs in the sense that they are bad copies that are sold as the really thing? Or are they exact same pieces produced at the same factory that either "fell off the back of a truck" or acquired through a backdoor?

flabby

Post by flabby » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:26 am

they started faking kaws boxes pretty good now soon it wont matter if the item came with a box or not.

fribhey

Post by fribhey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am

new KAWS x Snoopy collection up on Uniqlo.com, including black plushes:

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/featured/kaws-x-peanuts

sadlittlepanda

Post by sadlittlepanda » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

so is the sizing for this the same as the first collab?
asian size or standard?
NO TALK!
NO HOSTAGES!
WE KILL EVERYONE!!

fribhey

Post by fribhey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:26 pm

sadlittlepanda wrote:so is the sizing for this the same as the first collab?
asian size or standard?
Standard sizing.

sadlittlepanda

Post by sadlittlepanda » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm

thanx for the reply!
NO TALK!
NO HOSTAGES!
WE KILL EVERYONE!!

lamuna

Post by lamuna » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:38 am

A question for those that own the Kaws Dissected Milos...

Has anyone's Milo has tipped over to the side cause the ear-bone side is heavier?? Mine has not, but I noticed that it tends to lean more to the side with ear-bone..so I'm worried a bit.

Thanks!
Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

fribhey

Post by fribhey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:09 am

sadlittlepanda wrote:thanx for the reply!
All of the kaws x Uniqlo shirts (original run, first peanuts run and this run) sold in the US were standard US sizing. The only time they had Japanese sizing of the kaws shirts sold in the US was when the original run (non peanuts) was restocked on the website with Japanese stock and they were labeled as such.

wrinkledbrain

Post by wrinkledbrain » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

lamuna wrote:A question for those that own the Kaws Dissected Milos...

Has anyone's Milo has tipped over to the side cause the ear-bone side is heavier?? Mine has not, but I noticed that it tends to lean more to the side with ear-bone..so I'm worried a bit.

Thanks!
Mine hasn't tipped but I've always noticed gravity pulling at the side with the bones. A "Lean" is common in KAWS dissected works, especially after years of being displayed.
WTB: KAWS Vader, Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, OG Astro Boy, Black & Brown 5YL

Great transactions with griffndunn, k3vkoh, bayareapanerai, Greggygreg, 0mie, tekman8, bigbad99, lindsd620, halfapparition