forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 am 

I scored a new 20" Zebracorn dunny from ebay. The dunny was kept in a box since its first release in 2010.

As soon as I got it, I opened and put it on a shelf. It looks nice and all..but what I noticed is that there are some uneven paint spots on one of its eyes

Kinda hard to see in this picture

I adjusted hue to highlight the spots more

Are there any ways to fix the spots?? Or should I just give up? My guess is that there were some darker blemishes on the body that were painted directly over with blue paint. The dunny also has fine cut-like scratches all over the face including on each eyes..I guess this is a part of design though.

Does anyone else have a 20" zebracorn with similar problem? Thanks!

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth
My collection: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=187191

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 pm 

You could hypothetically fix it, but it might be more trouble than it's worth. You would have to match the paint color, sand off the existing paint, apply the matched paint, then sand it down to be even with the rest of the eye's paint.

The cutting you mentioned - do you mean the texture on the entire Dunny? That's meant to mirror Amanda's drybrushing technique.

PS: People should take their toys out of their boxes. Not just because they're meant to be displayed or played with, but also because leaving them in there for years messes them up. I have a Scumbo that is gross and sticky because of the vapors that were trapped in there. I'm going to try to Goo-Gone it and see what happens. Otherwise I'm just going to buy another one and sand down my current one for customization.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 am 

fakeXsound wrote:
You could hypothetically fix it, but it might be more trouble than it's worth. You would have to match the paint color, sand off the existing paint, apply the matched paint, then sand it down to be even with the rest of the eye's paint.

The cutting you mentioned - do you mean the texture on the entire Dunny? That's meant to mirror Amanda's drybrushing technique.

PS: People should take their toys out of their boxes. Not just because they're meant to be displayed or played with, but also because leaving them in there for years messes them up. I have a Scumbo that is gross and sticky because of the vapors that were trapped in there. I'm going to try to Goo-Gone it and see what happens. Otherwise I'm just going to buy another one and sand down my current one for customization.

Thank you very much for your insightful response! I will leave it alone I guess..I know some customizers who would fix this job by repainting it, but I want to leave it as original if it is not an easy fix. Thanks again!

Transactions with: adik.na.chinoy, bigbad99, bigrookieinc, BurymewithmyToys, CasperNY, DrewBlood, dxjock, eckotyper, FericFanatic, Floyd 44, iNom, Kevbayer, lilmyk, Manzel, MusicMan02, paulzdeep, PJPVIV, oversprayed, rice_money, rustedhalo, snooker, surfjord, THeONePG16, therealmc, timselF, trustinSTARS, wigalicous, xbtran, flabby, gmiddleswarth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm 

No problem! Take those paint spots as a reminder of the process of the creation process and something that makes your piece unique. Kind of like a dent on a guitar. It adds character.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:32 pm 

fakeXsound wrote:
No problem! Take those paint spots as a reminder of the process of the creation process and something that makes your piece unique. Kind of like a dent on a guitar. It adds character.

Thanks again! :)