forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 am 

noir looks nice. too soon after announcing the pink though IMHO.

A.D.B, adik.na.chinoy, anna, apeboy, Arcady, ArdabusRubber, BFLV, Buellster, chronic, conseptic, copernicus, ClarkR, Dan-knee rock, DrftDrgn21, drunknmaster916, dubwars, dunnydave, ejholmes30, eyeforaneye, g force, Haden, happysusan2001, iliksprite, Jackcuzzy, jose2187, Kevbayer, kiwi888, K!P, linh, lowkey, lowkornmel, luckyscrm, lui, mattp, mr.sqwert, mynameisking, nerps, noeleaser, nyst, patriciooliver, pjo666, RaignBeaum, razuuu-one, restaurador, riot68, robot of kids, Series2014, Slack, spunla, stepdown, stilspinin, thor6e, timselF, trustinSTARS, TungTLe, unstructure, viniloeater, Vinyl fan, Whitts, xXDunnyXx, zephyr, zonrboy, ZopBoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:27 pm 

Link the noir please!

Great transactions with: ckwok528, ianthegamer, Ash_KBear, poyplemcmuffins, DrftDrgn21, Eiji, dunnygirl84, jjH8te, 1v1artin, DirtyDiva, SonnyN, VapDee, (nice dream), chamber37, BurymewithmyToys, GPerg, itsluxury, Criqket, SerialChiller, KIDCANNON10

What I'm selling: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/deal

What I'm seeking: http://trampt.com/users/dbfree/want

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:38 pm 

Hi guys!

Just to clarify, noir is not the next colourway.
It is just something we want to give away for Black Friday. :)

Best,
jackson
Mightyjaxx.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 pm 

To whom, how, where, when, and where can I find the pic? I don't see it on your site.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm 

h__R wrote:
To whom, how, where, when, and where can I find the pic? I don't see it on your site.

FB

My Collection
References
(26 trades, 104 sales, 10 mulings)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:30 pm 

The pink doesn't do it for me, but the all black is amazing. I'll be waiting for that one.

The one thing where I think this figure really misses is the eyes. I know it's impossible to sculpt eyelashes for a production piece, but it loses a lot with her eyes being blank. The more she looks like a Disney princess, the better the message gets across.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:57 am 

paul wrote:
The pink doesn't do it for me, but the all black is amazing. I'll be waiting for that one.

The one thing where I think this figure really misses is the eyes. I know it's impossible to sculpt eyelashes for a production piece, but it loses a lot with her eyes being blank. The more she looks like a Disney princess, the better the message gets across.

There won't be an all black supposedly.

My Collection
References

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 am 

They wouldn't create one and give it away if they weren't going to eventually produce it.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:55 pm 

Why not? They're just going to paint one black. They didn't have to create anything new to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:18 pm 

h__R wrote:
Why not? They're just going to paint one black. They didn't have to create anything new to do that.

yep, no new mold needed. just a differnt color of resin

hopefully MPH will have the preorder up next week, ill pick one up. if not, bummer.

i am super mixed about the bandana design, i like the message it has, but it kinda clashes with the simplicity of this piece. and i also have to disagree with paul, i like the simplistic look, and eyelashes are just one more thing to mess up during production or with the end user.. i would also think that they would be kinda distracting.

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)
IG: brandonandhisbeer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:46 pm 

blindboxx2334 wrote:

hopefully MPH will have the preorder up next week, ill pick one up. if not, bummer.

For the pink? It has been up for awhile.

My Collection
References

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:00 pm 

I think he means that he intends to place a preorder for the pink one next week, and if the preorder is -still- up at that time next week and not already sold out by then, he will pick one up at that time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:16 pm 

Sir Real wrote:
I think he means that he intends to place a preorder for the pink one next week, and if the preorder is -still- up at that time next week and not already sold out by then, he will pick one up at that time.

bingo,

maybe i should have specified that i am out of money due to going to super7 on saturday and dragatomis cyber monday sale too... looks like my dh bike is never going to get built *le sigh*

but atleast ill have a crapton of awesome toys! :rock:

Positive Feedback- FistFullofBunnies(traded), Graf-Toyz, Brainiak76, Ezramyl, Salamander, Wyldaxe (traded), Ghost (traded), CasperNY (traded, x2), Typicalstereo (traded), Jmiller805 (on CAD, x2), Gorilla (on SB), Brenda (on SB, x2), Treblemdk, Vapdee, Hellopike (on SB), Earthglass, Uberboober, Noname27 (traded), C.feng, Jonnyboi017, Bundleofjon, hellscrape (+ lots more I couldnt keep up with!)
IG: brandonandhisbeer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:29 pm 

h__R wrote:

Factories don't just make one of a certain color. It would be too expensive. And that figure clearly wasn't painted black. The guy said the black wasn't the next colorway. He didn't say it wasn't a colorway.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:46 pm 

paul wrote:
h__R wrote:

Factories don't just make one of a certain color. It would be too expensive. And that figure clearly wasn't painted black. The guy said the black wasn't the next colorway. He didn't say it wasn't a colorway.

Resin figures aren't necessarily made in a factory. And it's not very difficult to poor one figure with a different color resin. Actually a lot of artists are making their own resin toys at home or their studio. Look at Mad's resin MadLs he's been churning out lately and Argonauts Resin is only a few people and they crank out resin figures constantly. Argonauts does a lot of one off colorways also. It's definitely not a crazy notion to think that they may have just made one black version. Although I would love to see it released as an edition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 am 

paul wrote:
And that figure clearly wasn't painted black.

It's a 3D render. I don't think we've seen pics of an actual resin cast yet.

paul wrote:
The guy said the black wasn't the next colorway. He didn't say it wasn't a colorway.

True. The black is cool, although I'd prefer if the grenade were done in white for contrast. I'm still hoping for gloss white with a black grenade myself.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:30 am 

I do really like this figure. the color scheme is great. just have to decide if it fits in with the rest of my collection. Super sweet look though, can't wait to see what it looks like with the bandana design actually debossed into it.

Transactions/References

Perfect description of The Loyal Subjects Ak4play: Nothing TLS ever does will be for the collectors, or passion... It's for growth and money. They aren't a solid company like KR they don't care about the collectors they care about the mainstream

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:02 am 

If you are UK / Europe based these are now available at www.collectanddisplay.com for pre-order :)

Awesome Transaction Boardies : nerps, Sekure X2, BMXBENF, JoelyV, mistachael X2, Nickgingell, Fiashly, gonedaddyfinch, Tominator, Prophecy, Bundleofjon, droid241, Janeeliz22 X2, Radioactiveman, Eiji, henchman, xXDunnyXx, realtyguy808 X2, VapDee, Fakhroune, 1v1artin X2 , Fully Laced X2, kiwi888, cut&pace, Toasted678, UKSTEVE X2,

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:56 am 

Exclusive Rotofugi edition. Pre-orders open 12/17. Edition of 50, $110. Glad I scored the original pink colorway because I sense a million versions being released.

http://www.rotofugi.com/toyscart/pc/Bad ... p10778.htm

Bought from: hellscrape, Sean6bucks, Dylanz287, Eiji, bigdaddyh, Dab City 2, jmonusko, surfjord, TO_designs, Nicedream, Requiem, Dank82, alexp_03, partyat2am, Eiji, stacyjean
Sold to: ROACHSHACK138, xdrmadnessx, Rmetz27, Toasted678, roy856, alwayshungryy, djmatth83, deathtollzero, axstar, proachlmt2, MotherGoose, Dupper, joyfulthing, Noski*1, EliottV, chenreaction, Salamander, SonnyN, OctavusOmen, Dank82, drummerboy2, purranie
Traded with: luckyscrm, FistfulOfBunnies, Masago15, jjH8te, VapDee, YourSoRad, Brian Arrr
Collection: http://forums.kidrobot.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=193704
Sales and references: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=197214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 am 

genejo wrote:
Glad I scored the original pink colorway because I sense a million versions being released.

I don't know about at million, but I would suspect with these tiny edition sizes you'll probably see several releases. ;)

For us...we just loved the design and wanted to support it, the artist (GOIN) and the company (Mighty Jaxx) making it by doing an exclusive version. Hopefully others will dig it too...but if not, 50 of these are going to look awesome in my living room. :lol:

Toy Wrangler/Gallery Director @ Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery > Chicago
http://rotofugi.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:17 am 

paul wrote:

Please send me one to paint. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 am 

Wow i am loving the green . Kinda wish i did not order the pink one.

genejo wrote:
Exclusive Rotofugi edition. Pre-orders open 12/17. Edition of 50, $110. Glad I scored the original pink colorway because I sense a million versions being released.

Trades:paulzdeep,delusionalexit2,Janeeliz22,NSTNATE,JayJayFool,Spooky+,carsoncatlin,HeyJB,
reactor88, luciferj,Chapper,snowdragon101,Zlitchy,DOMn8allday,genejo,dbfree,lumpysam

Looking For: Doktor A rupture, S3 Feric,2 tone Gary Baseman Black ,woes/scribe print ,2012 Red Bell, Kronk, Black Tara, Android S3 kronk and Agent Rawr (Chase),Betso ‘Saltshaker Dunny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 am 

It would be rad if there was a fully painted version, too. I usually don't like too many colorways, but on this one, I'm kinda giddy to see what other versions they come out with.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:10 am 

genejo wrote:

the odds are good that i'm going to forget or wont score one and will cry like a little girl.

Future HEAT

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 pm 

3 still left! :rolleyes: Wonder what color is next.

A++ Transactions: keith350z, followthewhiterabbit, dmm26, HeyJB, del730, Shankweather, RDSmike, Shibori, asprintingpress, toddivision, dinsmoor, rascal, creaturion, locksmith, luckyscrm, Mastodon, dimply_gecko, fortwo42, Treblemdk, paul, ack137, YamiQ, Shijui, HeirForce, athawley, Kidglasgow, frankthefish, Cb075 ! =) Zifdenpants, shudderbroom, ebarrvirus, joyfulthing, Sideglide, iliksprite, jiveSEVEN, pinballwizard, Shauni55

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 55  Next