forum home kr home

Kidrobot Discussion Boards

Welcome to the best place on the web to talk about urban vinyl toys, plush, mini-figures, toy-art, toy artists, collecting, customs, & more!

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:48 pm 

can OG folks that still post be grandfathered in?

i remember when Kozik was even gonna head up the messageboard only stuff and club.

maybe one day my benefit dunny will see the light of day too.

"total disgrace, alot of artists have been screwed by mindstyle, this is a claim that can be backed up BIGTIME!. In fact we could write a book on it! I don't have a grudge cause my situation has been done n gone, but i know of many other HUNGRY people wanting to produce work who will never see what they so rightly deserve, payment and samples, and whatever mindstyle decides to do with your art...you will have no say or control"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:15 pm 

pandabandit12 wrote:
count me in too!

$200 is steep for me, but totally worth it =] I'd find money for that before i found money for food lol

+1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:54 am 

natza wrote:
$200 yearly fee IM IN

+ $300 shipping
vip access to events 2000 miles away

good idea for americans

good idea but i dont think is good for us in UK.
i would sign up for that if it would give special rates to UK (i mean lower postage) or purchase through a UK retailer like selfridgers or even UK online retailer like with a special online code linked to the subscriber only. and $100 it would be better.

joealmighty,dsristau,SecurityGeek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:02 am 
emmanouil77 wrote:
natza wrote:
$200 yearly fee IM IN

+ $300 shipping
vip access to events 2000 miles away

good idea for americans

good idea but i dont think is good for us in UK.
i would sign up for that if it would give special rates to UK (i mean lower postage) or purchase through a UK retailer like selfridgers or even UK online retailer like with a special online code linked to the subscriber only. and $100 it would be better.

Maybe by the time the club comes into existence KR will have figured out some sort of European distribution. All they need is a warehouse somewhere close to France or England. They'd probably have to have an existing store to have it really make sense though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:18 am 

[strike]I have to say, this is not the best idea.

Basically, we're getting a chance to get ONLY dunnys for below flipper price for a limited time and still a limited stock, for $200 more.

I can see why people subscribe to artists because it is tangible, toys and other products are included. Basically, you're giving people who want to spend even more money a better chance to get SPECIFICALLY DUNNYS.

I'm skeptical. :doubt:
[/strike]

REALLY? WHY HAS THIS POST BEEN BROUGHT BACK FROM THE GRAVE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 am 
abidoobi wrote:
REALLY? WHY HAS THIS POST BEEN BROUGHT BACK FROM THE GRAVE.

Sorry. My fault. :blush:

Still would like to see this happen though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:11 am 

I would too. This would be a great thing. I threw it out there. We shall see. [-o<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:26 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:
I would too. This would be a great thing. I threw it out there. We shall see. [-o<

here's me hoping! both me and my son want in... he even told me he'd save his allowance for it. bonus.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:40 pm 

MINDStyle does it... 3A does it... and both are successes...

BUMP ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 am 

I would join.

Great transactions with Azraelazitgetz, ajgeni, ism, twotwelve, dxjock, essicaj, bk_bk, litefusegetaway, Motorbot, lowkey, NinJaSkills, PhatBastard, =DuNnYnNuD=, sinkFLsink, Memetic, FericFanatic, housekitty, Nebulon5, Manga Spawn, altercrisis, haji baba, robbieXeff, zonrboy, babykid, snowdragon101, Nicedream, Buellster, bungholio, DBAS, NewAddictions, Dab City 2, Gambaholic, Dank82.

My Collection

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:51 pm 

$100 would be much better, $200 is steep.

but seeing as i only collect dunnys, i think a dunny club is a sick idea! \:D/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:27 pm 

ratmloud wrote:
$100 would be much better, $200 is steep.

but seeing as i only collect dunnys, i think a dunny club is a sick idea! \:D/

I agree. $200 is way too steep. Maybe $100.

One idea would be instead of getting 1st dib on all dunny releases, what about access to some KR Club members only releases on different, unique coloways? I doubt KR would want to be subjected to 1st access to all their dunny lines like MindStyle. It's a good idea, but with KR's increased popularity and broader audience, they simply don't need it and it would cause too much hassle for them logistically. But if there are alternate colorway for their base fan (aka KR club members), that might work. Members get to choose to purchase these colorways or not. If there's any left over, KR gets to sell or give away as promo (similar to the GT leftovers).

AKN220, good job reviving this thread. Posted it way back! Awesome!

transactions: stylepiggy, kngwiz, fauxtograph, DreVanFuzen, bluegreenkey, bigmac, Jargon, del730, haptik, Luckyorangerat, cody1756, pretzI, jason_toycyte, zephyr, c-star, xxclandestinexx, bubby88852, chinoexhale, groovitude, deadboy, ineedalife, sillynickers, waisicmao, hgreene, Sykogrl, pop77, tedmcintyre, xshezx, flatland333, pbrigitte, buttoneyes, NSTNATE, Squidnik, cct, dub599, thebuddys, bboyilluminati6, Nicocato, zonrboy, watty, mANNEe, MisKat, vdunny, nypedestrian, lulu, i love plastic, outtamymind, pandabandit12, StupidDog, ecyahp, jayneticz, funk_e, Luckita, Sh4dowfox007, snowdragon101

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:46 am 

well, 200 per year is a bit steep, considering how it's about $17.00 per month.

If it was $120 per year, or 10 bucks per month, it'd be rather nice, and I think fairly reasonable.

Hope this gets pushed through somehow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:59 am 

I love the idea of a KR Club. I recently received an envelope from KR with a fall apparel ad, which was kind of cool. What would have been even more cool (and profit generating for KR) would have been the opportunity to purchase "x" dollars worth of merchandise to get the exclusive Mad White Ape. Now my money might go to a flipper and KR loses the apparel sale. Maybe it's all academic since all the Mad White Apes have generated a sale at the store level anyway, but it still would have been a nice opportunity. A club membership would be a perfect vehicle.

Awesome transactions with: cherieshipwreck, zonrboy, optimistic, heySuburbia, Dunny1200, caelum, CurseTheSeen, kidrobot miami, melting, chronic, Quiz, DTrain

3AA for Life

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:55 pm 

If Kidrobot makes a club, they had better start making a service similar to Xbox live like a paying silver membership and gold membership with some free shipping offers and discounts on items.

Kidrobot Genius

Good Sellers/Buyers: KidrobotNY,LabbitHutch,tommyroks,cahrowline,graydon55.

Friends List:
,Bo0oYaH,Misterine,XtoyxboyX,Nismo and ItzBigant.

My Life:Majoring Computer Science,Audio Engineer/Artist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:52 pm 

al11588 wrote:
If Kidrobot makes a club, they had better start making a service similar to Xbox live like a paying silver membership and gold membership with some free shipping offers and discounts on items.

the problem I see with that, is this:

Some members of the club would be gold, some would be silver.

The gold members might leak releases to the silver members, prompting the silver members to sign up to be gold for only a month, just for that release.

Then what's the point of being a gold member? I think it'd end up being a bunch of members just trying to snag releases by temporarily becoming gold members, which defeats the point of being a Kidrobot Club member.

I think it'd have to be a year long membership to avoid that kind of problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 am 

so.... can we make this happen? baroness, guru, somebody!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:23 am 

ratmloud wrote:
so.... can we make this happen? baroness, guru, somebody!

as much as guru may be pushing for the kidrobot club, it's probably gonna take some time for it to be put into action, or even considered as something Kidrobot would offer.

patience is a virtue, so let's just wait and see, and meanwhile, discuss potential ideas for the kidrobot club.

I'd like it if there was some benefit where it was like, say 20% off a total purchase every three months. Which would allow members to get 20% off their total purchase, four times a year. I think it'd help promote sales, and members of the club would get the nice benefit of utilizing the discount for the purchase they want, in either the summer, spring, fall, or winter.

Anyone else like this idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:10 pm 

Kidrobot Guru wrote:

i have my fingers crossed for this. people would jump all over this, there should be different levels of membership: Mindstyle has a $200 vip and $1500 platinum membership - would be cool if there was something like this.

Check out my flickr account for collection photos!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:10 am 

$200 would be a steal considering how the price mark ups are looking for current items. You all have to consider what Kidrobot considers themselves as, too = a High-End premium store. Therefore, they can stab any price they want. You know if it costs more than $200, people will sign up regardless.

Post subject: Re: Kidrobot Club Idea!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:43 pm 

Bumping this way up from the dead…but….WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS? This is an awesome idea that I would totally join!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:15 pm 

Good Find Mikashroom!! I would totally do something like this too

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:08 pm 

$200 just to get a better chance of scoring a toy. :lol: It's amazing what people are willing to do when the hype is huge. Sadly, the hype for dunnies seems to be at an all-time low these days.

References: Squidnik, halfapparition, foto junkaay, 1v1artin, NinJaSkills, hova, gmiddleswarth, frankthefish, Chauskoskis, ClarkR, rundmb, reactor88, jennipho, thetonybot, 666ways2love, Quest_Ion, NSTNATE, SecurityGeek, dimply_gecko, tsoli727, Dupper, BOOKER73, zombiemonkie, BRADLEYAFRANK, busizem718 + more (146 total transactions)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:17 pm 

Noel said that Dunnys would become more limited after 2013 I think.. Soon apparently they'll start cutting down the huge numbers that they come in these days… Maybe that will bring the hype back

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 pm 

paul wrote:
$200 just to get a better chance of scoring a toy. :lol: It's amazing what people are willing to do when the hype is huge. Sadly, the hype for dunnies seems to be at an all-time low these days.

Did you even read the OP? There was a lot more included than just the better chance to get something.

Good Buyers: Mongo Lloyd,buzzelightyear;jinu89,PJPVIV,OctavusOmen,starkravinmad, Scrow,chinadoll, Nothing371, Adultswim666,xeducatorx;enigmamgine;TO_designs;Hyper mite; shinobistinks,darika09, kamalau

Nothing371 wrote:
Ebay sellers typically have much more integrity, reliability, and ethically higher standards than the people that gloat and taunt insider info on here.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Some people really need to get over the fact that people sell toys in order to afford new ones. I know. It's shocking. But it happens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 864 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next